Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 9:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prove the Arisians don't exist.
Prove the Arisians don't exist.
Whatcha got?
RE: Prove the Arisians don't exist.
The who?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 6, 2023 at 11:10 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: The who?

No.

The Who is a different band.
Dying to live, living to die.
Arisians don't exist.

There, it is on the interwebs

Therefore, it is a fact.
(November 6, 2023 at 11:08 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Whatcha got?

The Eddorians told me the Arisians exist, and Eddorians wouldn't lie to me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
How does anyone prove that something claimed to exist doesn't exist? Maybe in mathematics that can be done, I'm not sure ... seems the non-existence of something is more likely something that can only be established to be increasingly probable. Not sure.
It is easy. If it doesn't agree with my world view, it is clearly fabricated gibberish.
(November 7, 2023 at 5:41 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: How does anyone prove that something claimed to exist doesn't exist?  Maybe in mathematics that can be done, I'm not sure ... seems the non-existence of something is more likely something that can only be established to be increasingly probable.  Not sure.

(Bold mine)

Usually, by demonstrating - either factually or definitionally - that the claimed something is absurd, impossible, etc. A frequent example is the 'married bachelor'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yes, logical contradictions and internally incoherent stuff would seem good candidates for disproof.
(November 7, 2023 at 5:56 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 7, 2023 at 5:41 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: How does anyone prove that something claimed to exist doesn't exist?  Maybe in mathematics that can be done, I'm not sure ... seems the non-existence of something is more likely something that can only be established to be increasingly probable.  Not sure.

(Bold mine)

Usually, by demonstrating - either factually or definitionally - that the claimed something is absurd, impossible, etc. A frequent example is the 'married bachelor'.

Boru

That would be an informal proof. 'Cause there seem to be a lot of them.