Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's clothes?
RE: Women's clothes?
(January 12, 2016 at 8:37 pm)mediocrates Wrote:
(January 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Or is it just a shift in our values, that unlike in olden days, society favors women who "bare it all" before a good and wholesome marriage?

Wholesome marriage? Mary was a whore. That's one hell of a roll model.

I know you're just joking, but so is TC. 

Both your comments are equally sexist.  Tongue
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(January 16, 2016 at 4:40 pm)*Deidre* Wrote:
(January 16, 2016 at 4:33 pm)Losty Wrote: Yoga pants are heaven. You can wear them almost anywhere they'll go with any shoes and any outfit. Plus it's like being naked with a super soft aura around your booty.

My fiance says they look hot when we work out at the gym together.  Angel

They can be undeniably sexy, and many men love them.

but the argument that I am currently having with the user "Heat", in this thread, is as follows:

Heat is complaining that women:

1.  ONLY wear yoga pants because they know they are sexy and drive men crazy

2.  ...THEN claim that they only wear them for comfort

3.  ...THEN, when men complain that the pants are too sexy and thus distracting,
and that women should dress in a less-provocative way,
that those same women THEN get on their high horse and scream "Misogynist!" !!

I am arguing that while that may be true of SOME women,

I, as a woman, ONLY wear them because they are comfortable, versatile, and practical.

Personally, I do NOT wear yoga pants when I want to be sexy;
but I do NOT judge women who DO,
and I don't think anyone should be telling women how sexy they may or may not dress, in public.
(January 16, 2016 at 4:49 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(January 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Why are they so skimpy these days? Is it proof that global warming is happening?

Or is it just a shift in our values, that unlike in olden days, society favors women who "bare it all" before a good and wholesome marriage?

I do fear the role models women have. Why is it that Taylor Swift, Lena Dunham and Miley Cyrus are models for todays ladies?

Why is this woman not a female role model or really revered at all anymore?  http://www.catholictradition.org/Litanies/litany37.jpg

Answers please!!

We can have a person as a role model without having to dress like them. Especially if their clothes were the regular dress from around the year 0 lol. Styles of dress change over time.  

With that being said, I'm not sure why you're putting Taylor in the same category as Miley. I would dress like Taylor but not like Miley. Don't know who Lena is though.

I dress like Miley....every time I take a shower..
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Does anyone else find it odd that while god was supposed to have created two naked human beings (not just skimpy, but naked), Christians look at what god said was "very good" and say "EW, nasty, dirty, filthy , disgusting. Get it out of my face. I don't want to see that."

Man who cannot appreciate the female body are Neanderthals.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 16, 2016 at 4:51 pm)MTL Wrote:
(January 16, 2016 at 4:40 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: My fiance says they look hot when we work out at the gym together.  Angel

They can be undeniably sexy, and many men love them.

but the argument that I am currently having with the user "Heat", in this thread, is as follows:

Heat is complaining that women:

1.  ONLY wear yoga pants because they know they are sexy and drive men crazy

2.  ...THEN claim that they only wear them for comfort

3.  ...THEN, when men complain that the pants are too sexy and thus distracting,
and that women should dress in a less-provocative way,
that those same women THEN get on their high horse and scream "Misogynist!" !!

I am arguing that while that may be true of SOME women,

I, as a woman, ONLY wear them because they are comfortable, versatile, and practical.

Personally, I do NOT wear yoga pants when I want to be sexy;
but I do NOT judge women who DO,
and I don't think anyone should be telling women how sexy they may or may not dress, in public.

I don't wear them because they're distractingly sexy, but rather because idgaf if someone is distracted by my sexiness. I'm highly sexually attracted to tall intelligent men with a healthy scoop of arrogance, somehow I manage to keep it together though.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 13, 2016 at 8:34 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(January 13, 2016 at 5:00 am)Alex K Wrote:

Coming around to my ways, huh, Alex?

Yes. Yes indeed. Horizontal crushing!

If I recall my allegiance correctly I am not speaking to either of you
Also, that's cool and all, but consider this:

https://youtu.be/ibEdgQJEdTA

(January 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: Why are they so skimpy these days? Is it proof that global warming is happening?

Or is it just a shift in our values, that unlike in olden days, society favors women who "bare it all" before a good and wholesome marriage?

I do fear the role models women have. Why is it that Taylor Swift, Lena Dunham and Miley Cyrus are models for todays ladies?

Why is this woman not a female role model or really revered at all anymore?  http://www.catholictradition.org/Litanies/litany37.jpg

Answers please!!
This 1950s style modesty some people idealize? Thats the weird thing. 
You shouldn't be asking why we're wearing too little clothes, you should be asking why so much.
The answer is "Its cold".
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(January 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm)TrueChristian Wrote: I do fear the role models women have. Why is it that Taylor Swift, Lena Dunham and Miley Cyrus are models for todays ladies?

Personally I'm partial to Florence Nightingale and Yolandi Visser but...hey Angel
Personally I wear whatever is cimfortable for me and don't really give a flying fuck what anyone thunks of that. At work I wear scrubs or professiinal clirhing. When I go out to dinner I usually wear a dress. Shopping I usually weae jeans abd a t-shirt. On the beach, a bikini, topless, or completely naked.

What your question should be is why judgemental of what women wear while not applying the same standard to men?
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legitimate women's rights issues Lemonvariable72 50 7728 October 30, 2015 at 7:01 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Men and Women equal? No, never. ideologue08 131 42168 May 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Gilgamesh