Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
RE: 20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
[Image: giphy.gif]
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(June 14, 2016 at 12:25 am)Maelstrom Wrote: The only people who should have guns are the ones in the military.

I honestly believe that problems only progressed due to the fact that the Supreme Court made the erroneous decision that any fucking idiot could own a gun.
If the only people who should have guns are the ones in the military how would the colonists have ever successfully revolted against the English?

Didn't Saddam allow common Iraqis to own guns?

https://www.quora.com/How-were-gun-laws-...on-in-2003
(June 13, 2016 at 6:34 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(June 12, 2016 at 11:01 pm)dyresand Wrote: Huggy the issue here is the fact that there is terrible gun regulation and having better gun regulation would have prevented this.

Not necessarily.  It prevented nothing in Paris or Brussels.  Both countries have quite strict gun regulation.

Of course there's no mention that Paris, unlike most US mass killings wasn't a failure of gun control policy but of the Belgian (especially) and French intelligence and security services. Hence the highly visible overkill at Euro 2016.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
The more balanced articles I have seen, seem to indicate, that statistics don't really help either side.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/the-facts-t...ol/207152/

It's a social problem, not a gun problem.   Having guns, may prevent some crimes, but increase others.   Gun bans may have a short decrease in murders, and then people figure out, that there are other ways to kill people.  It's a social problem.   I also don't think that telling people that there is no real right or wrong, or that they can decide their own right and wrong, and then being surprised when they behave immorally is all that intelligent.
(June 14, 2016 at 1:22 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I think my approach is becoming more suitable everyday.

KILL ALL THE MUSLIMZZZZ, AND NUKE THAT FUCKING BLACK BOX IN MECCA.

You keep telling yourself that.

(June 14, 2016 at 4:19 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 14, 2016 at 12:25 am)Maelstrom Wrote: The only people who should have guns are the ones in the military.

I honestly believe that problems only progressed due to the fact that the Supreme Court made the erroneous decision that any fucking idiot could own a gun.
If the only people who should have guns are the ones in the military how would the colonists have ever successfully revolted against the English?

Didn't Saddam allow common Iraqis to own guns?

https://www.quora.com/How-were-gun-laws-...on-in-2003

There is a bullshit myth that one party states or despots dont allow weapons. Depending on location and point in history it is common for even those states only to extend weapons rights to party loyalists. The Allies after WW1 put heavy restrictions on Germany, it was Hitler who relaxed gun laws but only for nationalist and part loyalists. There was no outright ban on weapon by Hitler.

And we see the same rise in paranoia by right wing gun owners who have refused to sell to Obama supporters. These fucking hypocrites claim the 2nd amendment applies to everyone, but pull that bullshit. There has never been a party or religious oath to own a firearm. 

This proves to me for the worshipers that this has never been about "the right to bear arms" and everything to do with being asshole crybabies who refuse to accept that we have a gun death crisis.
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting

Why should the military have guns?
(June 14, 2016 at 1:22 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I think my approach is becoming more suitable everyday.

KILL ALL THE MUSLIMZZZZ, AND NUKE THAT FUCKING BLACK BOX IN MECCA.

No.

Just.

No.
(June 14, 2016 at 8:50 am)KUSA Wrote:

They seem to be the only responsible ones at this point.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(June 14, 2016 at 8:50 am)KUSA Wrote:

That has to be the dumbest fucking question I have ever heard.

The evolutionary reality is that our species has always formed groups, and has always competed over resources. It would be awesome if no nation on the planet had a military or weapons. But because our species sets up artificial construct in the form of political and religious and economic ideologies, humans will compete over those resources with weapons. 

It is an unfortunate reality in our species, yes I do want a military to protect me from theocracies like Iran and despots like Kim Jong Un. A military is what defeated the monster Hitler.

The problem has always been our species lack of understanding of our local tribalism. We defend what is local. And since I don't see that changing anytime soon, damned right I want a military. Not because we should be using it as a default, but because there are political and religious rivals who would run us over if we didn't have one.

If you want to seek to reduce the need to use military, then what we should do is address global corporatism which every nation invests in and gets rich off of banks, oil and weapons by using political, economic and religious ideology to divide our species.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 30402 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14294 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 7051 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 305 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6415 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3013 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1531 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2555 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another mass shooting. Brian37 54 3304 November 21, 2019 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 12098 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye