Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Americans tired of NRA bullying.
(June 24, 2016 at 8:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: We don't want to take away every single gun.

But you won't tell me what guns you would approve of either.
RE: For Americans tired of NRA bullying.
(June 25, 2016 at 12:43 am)KUSA Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 9:57 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote: Simplifications are handy, aren't they? "We" are not some numbnuts cowboy with a gun.

I don't know about you but I've never owned a cow.

Most cowboys didn't own the cows, they were hired hands, many working for small change and room and board. The penny dreadfuls had them shooting up towns on Saturday night when in point of fact most couldn't afford a handgun and had very little need for one.
(June 25, 2016 at 12:55 am)KUSA Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 8:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: We don't want to take away every single gun.

But you won't tell me what guns you would approve of either.

Knock it off, You want to drag me into a shell game to avoid facing our gun death problem.

Assault riffles and big clips for either riffles or handguns. Not that fucking complicated.
(June 25, 2016 at 10:26 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 25, 2016 at 12:55 am)KUSA Wrote: But you won't tell me what guns you would approve of either.

Knock it off, You want to drag me into a shell game to avoid facing our gun death problem.

Assault riffles and big clips for either riffles or handguns. Not that fucking complicated.

Well that covers almost all of my collection so I'm sticking with the NRA.
Your toys are more important than stopping little kids from shooting themselves or each other?
I don't think you know what an assault rifle is, Brian.  You're probably thinking of "assault weapons", weasel words coined by career politicians to scare the shit out of you. Assault rifles are -already- restricted, federally...and have been since 1934. As for high cap mags, knock yourself out - as I said..it's a law that can be defeated by a piece of tape - but give it a go if you think it will have an effect. BB guns have a high cap mag, I can fit something like 70 bbs in mine, and ofc I;ve already mentioned that my .22 lr has an illegal tube mag (which I can't do anything about) under high cap mag laws - even though you can get a mag for an SKS to fit -within- the same law, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
"assault" comes from the German word "sturm" a prefix they used on some rapid-fire, hi-cap magazine long guns.
(June 25, 2016 at 10:26 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 25, 2016 at 12:55 am)KUSA Wrote: But you won't tell me what guns you would approve of either.

Some might question your use of the word "clip," but your reference is obvious.  It is, in todays' vocabulary, synonymous with "magazine."  I promise not to drag you into any shell games, but I would like to pose a few questions. 

What defines an assault rifle?  Is it the pistol grip, the bayonet lug, or the Weaver rails?

Do these features make the firearm more deadly than other firearms, say, without a bayonet lug or pistol grip? 

I understand the fear of mass killings.  I share the fear of mass killings.  Mass killing can be accomplished by a multitude of means.  Running a car through a crowd of people at a parade and blowing people up with a pressure cooker are mass killings.  Should we go after the assault cars and assault pressure cookers? What criteria should we look for on cars and pressure cookers to label them "assault" weapons, versus other cars and pressure cookers?  Insane people can accomplish a mass killing by many means.  A fancy rifle with a pistol grip is not required. 

Let's consider the true importance of an armed populace.  There are two unlikely circumstances which have occurred with certain repetition in human history, tyranny within ones' own country and invasion from the outside.  Do you think neither of these could happen? Ever?  An armed populace prevents these.  I'm not saying we have the threat of tyranny right now. It's clear we don't.  If we are paying attention, however, it's also clear our world is not the utopia required for the removal of the capability of armed resistance. 

Let's also consider a black market.  Any restriction of certain items by the government creates a black market.  A black market is better for criminals and terrorists.  If I were a terrorist, I would love for the American public to NOT have firearms.  The less capable the firearms are in public, the better for those wishing to do harm.

If we only had more sheepdogs...  I invite you to look up "On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs" by LTC (RET) Dave Grossman and give it a read.  It's short and to the point and it's the first result on google if you search for that title.  In my opinion, we don't have enough sheepdogs.  Police cannot be everywhere at all times, so we need those that have the capacity to defend others to DO SO!  You can't properly do that if you aren't armed, not against terrorism and insanity.  You might say I don't need a fancy rifle with a pistol grip to do that.  Are you asking the sheepdog to go up against a terrorist who is wielding a full-auto AK-47 (very illegal, BTW, without an federal license, and the terrorist can get one despite law)?  And you want said sheepdog to have only a pistol, a knife, or a rock?  I mean, I would, I'd do it, but I'd rather have as good or better armament than my opponent.  Why are you trying to limit us?

There is a high amount of responsibility required for the use of firearms.  It's a PERSONAL responsibility, and harm to others as a result of a failure of personal responsibility needs to be met with severe consequences.  I look forward to receiving replies.
You said you weren't going shell game and then you dove right into it.
You've got to remember that you're addressing people who don't -want- to know what they don't know, Ret.  All that's important is that they know how they -feel- about guns, and anyone who doesn't tow the line.

"Assault rifles should be more effectively controlled"
-They're been heavily restricted for nearly a century. Wish granted.
"Then how come I can buy an AR"
-It's not an assault rifle.
"Well, then, whatever it is should be banned"
-Whatever-it-is encompasses all types of rifles - that's why they're popular. They're modular sporting rifles that come in -all- common chamberings, and some exotic ones - painted black (but hey, sometimes pink). You would be, effectively, banning all guns.

Shell game!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I dont get why Americans are complaining about Monarchy Woah0 0 526 September 10, 2022 at 10:45 am
Last Post: Woah0
  For Americans Who are willing to act Rhizomorph13 13 949 September 21, 2020 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: Sal
  polls, Americans don't think about Russia Interaktive 21 1613 December 13, 2019 at 6:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bullying is free speecb Rimi921 12 1282 April 17, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 999 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Seems Roy Moore Got Tired of Waiting For Jesus To Get Off His Ass Minimalist 32 5770 January 3, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Looks like the NRA is at it again NuclearEnergy 46 8136 August 7, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This NRA ad is absolutely terrifying. Cecelia 1 424 June 29, 2017 at 12:33 am
  Anyone else live in Arizona and tired of the political culture NuclearEnergy 13 3539 April 22, 2017 at 10:15 pm
  Tired of All This Winning Yet, Drumpfucks? Minimalist 24 3727 April 10, 2017 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Joods