Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ask Your Favorite Muslim
RE: Ask Your Favorite Muslim
(October 5, 2016 at 11:01 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Excited Penguin Wrote:Would you stop it with the double standard because he's Muslim?

I mean you'd be all over him for those lines if he were a Christian. I respect him enough to treat him like I would a Christian. Why? Because he seems very reasonable and nice for a person who believes in such horrifically disparaging ideas regarding his fellow humans. If I considered him to be even slightly mentally incapacitated I would treat him with kid gloves, like you do. Do you see him as such, perhaps?

Good point, I mean, look how horrible we are to Catholic Lady....
Bah, doesn't matter.
(October 5, 2016 at 11:21 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 11:01 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Good point, I mean, look how horrible we are to Catholic Lady....

It's not about being horrible. And yes, when CL says something stupid because of her religion, or quotes something stupid, we call her out on it. This has always been the case. So take your sarcasm and stick it somewhere else.

So we do with Rayaan. You called double standard. We are saying no to that. It goes to the point of you telling MA to stick it elsewhere.

You did call double standard after Tibs reminded Rayaan of the long dead discussion about 9/11. Lol?

So I fail to see your point besides backpeddaling yourself out of your own mess.
IKR?  I've had a good chunk of rayaans ass in my mouth more than once.  The reason we're friendly with him...is because he can have, and has had, those sorts of conversations..and he handles himself very well both during and after the fact.

Hence, best muslim ever.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 5, 2016 at 11:29 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 11:21 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: It's not about being horrible. And yes, when CL says something stupid because of her religion, or quotes something stupid, we call her out on it. This has always been the case. So take your sarcasm and stick it somewhere else.

So we do with Rayaan. You called double standard. We are saying no to that. It goes to the point of you telling MA to stick it elsewhere.

You did call double standard after Tibs reminded Rayaan of the long dead discussion about 9/11. Lol?

So I fail to see your point besides backpeddaling yourself out of your own mess.

You are straw manning me, both of you. However this is not the place to have this debate. I've gotten into trouble before for responding to such provocations. So kindly leave me alone if you're not able to approach what I say in an honest manner.
I am ok with being friendly and mutually respectful of one another. This has never been my point. You guys are acting as if I hate the man. I don't. He's swell. I like him.

He quoted some Islamic bullshit, however, and I called him out on it. That's that. Ta da for now.
Yes, he did...which both you and I pointed out, lol....so? Is he getting any special treatment?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 1, 2016 at 3:49 pm)Rayaan Wrote: I'll probably abandon this thread in just about 24 hours. But who cares, right? At the end of the day, this is just another thread on a stupid old forum.  Sleepy

But, yeah - ask me whatever you want.

Could you clarify the concept of dhimmi.  From my understanding, the dhimmi is a way of accepting those who think differently (most notably the other people of the book, such as practitioners of Christianity or Judiasm).  Would you say the dhimmi would extend to those people who are not of the holy book, such as outside faiths and the secular community? Thanks for your time and attention.

(October 5, 2016 at 11:29 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 11:21 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: It's not about being horrible. And yes, when CL says something stupid because of her religion, or quotes something stupid, we call her out on it. This has always been the case. So take your sarcasm and stick it somewhere else.

I think EP just likes to playing at imposing his morals on others through his tough-guy force of will.  Maybe he just needs more to do in his RL.
(October 5, 2016 at 2:14 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(October 5, 2016 at 11:29 am)LastPoet Wrote: So we do with Rayaan. You called double standard. We are saying no to that. It goes to the point of you telling MA to stick it elsewhere.

I think EP just likes to playing at imposing his morals on others through his tough-guy force of will.  Maybe he just needs more to do in his RL.

Maybe you're right. I don't see what that has to do with this, however.

I'm sorry I said anything at this point, really. And I'm sorry if Rayaan was offended. Next time I see religious texts that offend my humanity, I'll simply hold my tongue(or my fingers, as it were Tongue)
Right, like a good little boy. This is -exactly- the deference and undeserved respect the abrahamic tradition has demanded for itself... from society, by force whenever possible, since it was first cooked up. It's done a prewtty good job, since there are more than a few non-believers who've drunk the deference koolaid.

Rayaan doesn't -see- frothing bigotry in those comments because he was brought up with that context as a given.  When he looks at those remarks, he sees tolerance and cool level-headedness.  That's what an outsider moment is.  When a person smiles....while saying something horrid...and you're left standing there thinking "wtf?" That;s why we say things like "apply the outsider test". In the hope that, if they were capable of imagining themselves as us, as outsiders, they might recognize something about their rhetoric that had, up to that point, escaped their notice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask your Creator. The Valkyrie 102 8816 October 17, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Ask a straight, sober, monogamous, American human who's neither a magi or your mom Mudhammam 9 2605 May 17, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam