Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 12:34 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
Every time I read the name of this thread, all I can think of is Tenacious D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_...re=related
Correct Pad. No he isn't.
(August 24, 2011 at 1:10 pm)ElDinero Wrote:

Yeah, I get that a lot... "you talk sense until I disagree with you" Rolleyes

Thing is, we talk theology a lot. But it's this nebulous, unanswerable question that y'all love ...like it proves anything. (the answer of course is 42)

(August 25, 2011 at 2:04 am)fr0d0 Wrote: More like :

atheist: gimme the proof
theist: don't be a moron > reason
atheist: ah ok, gimme the theology then
theist: ok here you go
atheist: oh no, I can't accept that!
loop

It's an endless game where one side looks incredibly forgetful

The problem with your scenario here fr0d0, is you have yet to fulfill the part in bold.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
You jest FTM.
No jesting involved, I have yet to read one post where you have presented evidence for your beliefs. Did I miss them?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 25, 2011 at 5:04 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yeah, I get that a lot... "you talk sense until I disagree with you" Rolleyes

Thing is, we talk theology a lot. But it's this nebulous, unanswerable question that y'all love ...like it proves anything. (the answer of course is 42)

Pad is correct, yes. I should have specified that the evidence needs to be credible.

I see you've decided to dodge once again. Why are you being so fucking difficult about this? Are you saying that the theology doesn't provide any proof, or that there is no evidence of God's existence? If so, why the fuck should we believe it? If you aren't saying that, PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE.

Stop dodging, and whatever your best shot is, let's have it. What you're doing makes you look like a grade A prick.
I'm not dodging at all - both of you have just erected the fence that is 'undeniable evidence'. It's your roundabout Dunno. You have to do that to retain your cred. Open mindedness is not an option.

If you haven't seen me expound on theology then you must have had your eyes shut (see above). It's pretty much all I'm here for. You guys are interested in it. I'd have nothing to talk about if you weren't.

[Image: mranim.gif]

(This is the point where you break off in disgust at the lack of 'undeniable evidence')

Have a nice life. Lets hope it isn't all spent with eyes closed Wink

Funny that you find it annoying... but you guys do exactly the same thing most of the time here. Guess you should learn to take what you give.
"Image hosted by tripod"

WOW! That settles it for me..God obviously exists!
(August 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Blah blah blah, dodge dodge dodge

Pathetic. Utterly pathetic. You're the only one who has mentioned UNDENIABLE EVIDENCE, so stop claiming it's something that I keep going back to. Credible evidence. That's what we need.

I am being open minded by asking for your best shot, whatever it is. Do I have to break this down into little baby language for you to understand and give a straight answer that isn't just avoiding the point all the time?

WHY DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD? WHAT REASONS ARE THERE TO BELIEVE IN GOD? These are basic questions, now just stop the bollocks and answer them.

Do you understand these words? Do I need to use one syllable words only? Fucking hell. No better than Statler Waldorf or GC.
(August 25, 2011 at 10:56 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: "Image hosted by tripod"

WOW! That settles it for me..God obviously exists!

Lol Love it when that happens.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5996 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3199 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7778 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 36058 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2486 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 9106 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 14072 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4407 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6722 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3265 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball