Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edgar Mitchell on Aliens
RE: Edgar Mitchell on Aliens
Quote:I don't think that book is non-fiction.

I don't either,but it's mean to be; I've read it. Angel Cloud

I first came across the idea of Ezekiel and the Spaceship in an old (late 1950's) issue of "Astounding Science Fiction". There was a serious article by 'a Russian scientist' arguing the same thing. I was a fascinated. In the 1970's I probably read over a dozen books in that genre. (and loopier,such as the Carlos Castaneda books)
(October 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm)padraic Wrote: On appealing to authority; There was a real NASA scientist who wrote a book called "The Spaceships Of Ezekiel".

Quote:The Spaceships of Ezekiel (1974) is a book by Josef F. Blumrich (March 17, 1913 - February 10, 2002) written while he was chief of NASA's systems layout branch of the program development office at the Marshall Space Flight Center.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spaceships_of_Ezekiel

Maybe he'd read Von Daniken's books.
Confused Fall

Is it wrong to appeal to authority? If I want to know about air craft, some of the best people to talk to are surely air pilots? I have 'faith' (for want of a better word) that if they see an aircraft, they will have a good idea of what it is or what it isn't.

I've found a CNN news conference with our pilot buddies for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8-8696Yo...00&index=9

"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(October 3, 2011 at 9:00 am)Napoleon Wrote: The recent string of threads on ET had me thinking about an interview I saw a while back with a guy called Edgar Mitchell (6th man on the moon), here it is:

I know that users on this site are good at identifying bullshit, or destroying people's credibility, so what's the low down on this guy? I thought I'd ask here because I guess at least someone can give me more information on this particular interview and/or this guy's background. I hope it will shed some more light on whether or not to take what he's saying seriously. I'm very skeptical at this point in time, years back when I saw this I thought it was mind blowing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgZE8s0hB...re=related

You find out that one of the children gets the "message" that they are going to intervene because we're destroying the planet. This is typical of the reports..but whatever cover story they use, it is a part of a much larger deception.

(October 4, 2011 at 3:38 am)CoxRox Wrote:
(October 3, 2011 at 7:32 pm)padraic Wrote: On appealing to authority; There was a real NASA scientist who wrote a book called "The Spaceships Of Ezekiel".

Quote:The Spaceships of Ezekiel (1974) is a book by Josef F. Blumrich (March 17, 1913 - February 10, 2002) written while he was chief of NASA's systems layout branch of the program development office at the Marshall Space Flight Center.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spaceships_of_Ezekiel

Maybe he'd read Von Daniken's books.
Confused Fall

Is it wrong to appeal to authority? If I want to know about air craft, some of the best people to talk to are surely air pilots? I have 'faith' (for want of a better word) that if they see an aircraft, they will have a good idea of what it is or what it isn't.

I've found a CNN news conference with our pilot buddies for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8-8696Yo...00&index=9

Pretty intriguing..notice the physically impossible aspects..such as the ships morphing, disappearing and reappearing etc..this is why they are suspected to be extra-dimenionsal..he probably saw something like the ones in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFGd_pjZA...re=related

I don't want this thread deviating into the general "Post your own UFO vid!"

I made it because I wanted the low down on Edgar Mitchell. Nothing else.
Cox, if you want to know about aircraft, I would suggest you ask the engineers, not the pilots. As well with UFO's and aliens, ask astronomers and astrobiologists, not astronauts.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(October 4, 2011 at 8:34 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Cox, if you want to know about aircraft, I would suggest you ask the engineers, not the pilots. As well with UFO's and aliens, ask astronomers and astrobiologists, not astronauts.

And start your own thread regarding same Cox...

Ta muchly Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 4, 2011 at 8:16 am)Napoleon Wrote: I don't want this thread deviating into the general "Post your own UFO vid!"

I made it because I wanted the low down on Edgar Mitchell. Nothing else.

Threads do have a tendancy to veer off somewhat. I've been looking up stuff on Edgar Mitchell and haven't found as compelling 'evidence' from him. The fact he is a former astronaut is interesting and as such I thought the testimonies of guys in the military would also be of similar interest.....

Summer, it doesn't warrant an engineer to know if a flying 'vehicle', the likes similarly described by the air pilots, is some sort of space/air craft and I'm sure there are astronomers and astrobiologists involved in the NASA footage that is linked in the other ufo thread.

Napolean, stick your thread up your arse.

Albert Einstein
(October 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm)CoxRox Wrote: Napolean, stick your thread up your arse.

How pleasant! I love it when the religious get angsty, just you keep praying for forgiveness! God might forgive you for being an asshole but I sure won't Wink
(October 4, 2011 at 2:38 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(October 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm)CoxRox Wrote: Napolean, stick your thread up your arse.

How pleasant! I love it when the religious get angsty, just you keep praying for forgiveness! God might forgive you for being an asshole but I sure won't Wink

Everyone gets pissed off at times. I've never let rip before but just had to do it this time. Sorry.

Albert Einstein
(October 4, 2011 at 2:43 pm)CoxRox Wrote: Everyone gets pissed off at times. I've never let rip before but just had to do it this time. Sorry.

Yeah because what I said was REALLY offensive wasn't it? Blow it out your ass.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about aliens? GGG 176 13996 May 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6752 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Tech billionaire gives $100M to Stephen Hawking’s search for aliens Fake Messiah 5 2316 August 4, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah