Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
RE: Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed.
So, you are aware of the long term effects of methane exposure.
Trying to update my sig ...
(November 21, 2011 at 9:13 pm)Epimethean Wrote: So, you are aware of the long term effects of methane exposure.

I assume that you asked this because you incorrectly believe that the USDA only works with cows?

Ah, no.

But assumption is your best friend, because reason is not.
(November 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: Oh really? Where is your sound logical syllogism that does so? The word proof actually has meaning you know.

Exhibit A : A fossilised dinosaur skeleton. (I can't be arsed to post the image, you've seen it) This IS conclusive proof that such a creature existed. No other evidence is required.

You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

Bring out the coincidental rock formation bullshit pronto!
Well he can do that all he likes but he'll be wrong.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(November 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote:
(November 21, 2011 at 9:13 pm)Epimethean Wrote: So, you are aware of the long term effects of methane exposure.
I assume that you asked this because you incorrectly believe that the USDA only works with cows?

Living in a county with 2,000 people and half a million cows, I am quite familiar with methane exposure Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
(November 21, 2011 at 8:27 pm)Statler Waldorf Wrote: What kind of argument is this? Scientific facts are not established by majority opinion; many scientists that don’t even believe in God reject abiogenesis. It’s actually a theory that’s on the decline.

SCIENCE

Put the fairy tales down and read some real science.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
HERETIC!!!! Burn him for a witch!
Statler Wrote:
Haha, I am arguing exactly how atheists argue, so if you think it’s dumb then….LOL

orogenicman Wrote:
No sir. You aren't making any meaningful arguments. You are simply being an ass.

Statler Wrote:
Exactly the point.

Me: So you agree that you are an ass. Congratulations. Angel Cloud

Quote orogenicman:
I can't "prove" that you exist either, but I'd be naive to argue from ignorance that you don't.

Statler Wrote:
That you would, but arguing against the existence of God however is even more absurd than arguing against my existence.

Me:
The problem with that argument is that:

1) Atheists don't argue against the existence of God. They argue against any emperic evidence for the existence of God.
2) There is emperic evidence that you exist.
Statler Wrote:I would agree with you, but induction deals with degrees of probability, when I use the word proof I am usually referring to deduction. A person couldn’t formulate a sound deductive argument for the existence of dinosaurs, and yet many of these same people ask for one concerning the existence of God.

No, we are asking for an inductive argument concerning the existence of God. Got anything like that?

There certainly are good inductive arguments for the existence of dinosaurs. It is when creationists use deductive reasoning to argue anything gleened from inductive evidence that they are led astray. Hence we find that there are creationists who believe that the Flintstones is a documentary. Thinking
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Even if we don't kill ourselves off as a species. Brian37 33 2272 October 12, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards Minimalist 23 6986 April 13, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Whoops....Never Mind. Minimalist 1 989 October 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue? Oliver1990 30 11140 July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16550 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  What if religion never had a "breakthrough"? Dax 14 4473 December 22, 2012 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dinosaurs and Man ScienceLovesGod 182 105103 June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas..... Minimalist 7 3772 March 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm
  Even more carbon from permafrost popeyespappy 2 1068 December 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: paintpooper