Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
It seems like Bill C-11 does have some problems. Hopefully they will get addressed before final reading.

Forcing media to show Canadian Content has been a Liberal platform position for half a century (I guess artists vote Liberal, especially if they receive federal funding?). That's what the bill is about, but for the internet. Have some anti free-speech things been thrown into it? Perhaps - I haven't looked closely. The Liberals often are not very "liberal" in their positions.
Not another protest

Quote:Trump says he expects to be arrested, calls for protest

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump claimed on Saturday that his arrest was imminent and issued an extraordinary call for his supporters to protest as a New York grand jury investigates hush money payments to women who alleged sexual encounters with the former president.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-arreste...57b34160ae
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Archive.org is in trouble

Quote:Book publishers and the Internet Archive will face off today in a hearing that could determine the future of library ebooks — deciding whether libraries must rely on the often temporary digital licenses that publishers offer or whether they can scan and lend copies of their own tomes.

At 1PM ET, a New York federal court will hear oral arguments in Hachette v. Internet Archive, a lawsuit over the archive’s Open Library program. The court will consider whether the Open Library violated copyright law by letting users “check out” digitized copies of physical books, an assertion several major publishers made in their 2020 suit.

The service constitutes “willful digital piracy on an industrial scale,” the complaint alleged. “Without any license or any payment to authors or publishers, IA scans print books, uploads these illegally scanned books to its servers, and distributes verbatim digital copies of the books in whole via public-facing websites. With just a few clicks, any Internet-connected user can download complete digital copies of in-copyright books.”

And if the Internet Archive loses the case, it could potentially be on the hook for billions of dollars in damages. That could threaten other parts of its operation like the Wayback Machine, which preserves websites and has become a vital archival resource.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/3/20/23641...t-fair-use
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Quote:Some members of the far-right Proud Boys tried to crash a drag queen story hour in Greenwich Village on Sunday afternoon—and did not receive a warm reception. Nearly 200 participants showed up for the event hosted by New York Attorney General Letitia James, leading to some clashes between protesters outside. Proud Boys showed up in Trump attire and flags, attempting to disrupt the celebration, and New Yorkers made a lot of noise to shut down their efforts. In a video that went viral on social media, counter-protesters can be heard shouting for the Proud Boys to “go home!” “Proud Boys are not welcome in New York!” counter-protesters yelled. One Proud Boy, his face visibly bloody, looks into the camera and says, “I came here to help, not to get the shit beaten out of me!” According to the New York Post, an “anti-drag story protester [was] arrested for assaulting a pro-drag agitator.”

(The Daily Beast)
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
^  Hehe Some drag queen with a mean right hook, I guess.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 20, 2023 at 7:01 pm)Fireball Wrote: ^  Hehe Some drag queen with a mean right hook, I guess.

Have you seen some of these drag queens?

I'm not one to back down from a fight but I'd think twice before getting in an altercation with some.

And since proud boys aren't very bright...
Dying to live, living to die.
Here is a list of Russian Losses according to Ukrainian Military Sources:

• personnel - about 166,570 (+960)
• tanks - 3,552 (+15)
• armored combat vehicles - 6,879 (+10)
• artillery systems - 2,586 (+9)
• multiple launch rocket systems - 507 (+0)
• air defense systems - 270 (+0)
• warplanes - 305 (+0)
• helicopters - 290 (+0)
• UAVs of operational and tactical level - 2,167 (+7)
• cruise missiles - 907 (+0)
• warships/military boats - 18 (+0)
• motor vehicles and fuel tankers - 5,428 (+12)
• special equipment - 266 (+1)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukrainian-for...00005.html

As a comparison: Countries like Greece or Turkey have around 250 combat planes (mostly F-16’s). These guys lost 300 planes in one year. So these are huge losses.
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

Jack Daniel’s has an ongoing lawsuit that has reached the US Supreme Court. It seems that they want to stop a company called VIP from selling a dog chew toy called ‘Bad Spaniels’. Their chief argument is that consumers will become confused.

If you go out to buy a bottle of whiskey, then arrive home and realize that you purchased a rubber dog toy, maybe it’s time to re-think your drinking habits.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 22, 2023 at 11:36 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Jack Daniel’s has an ongoing lawsuit that has reached the US Supreme Court. It seems that they want to stop a company called VIP from selling a dog chew toy called ‘Bad Spaniels’. Their chief argument is that consumers will become confused.

If you go out to buy a bottle of whiskey, then arrive home and realize that you purchased a rubber dog toy, maybe it’s time to re-think your drinking habits.

Boru

Heard about this on the radio this morning.  I weep for the future.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Went and looked. It does bear a striking resemblance to a Jack Daniels bourbon bottle. And yeah, BSB4 is correct about rethinking one's drinking if one can't tell the difference.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4835 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 544 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1611 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37