Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
(November 19, 2023 at 5:39 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 19, 2023 at 4:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Former First Lady Rosalynn Carter has died at the age of 96.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/...-rcna62862

Not unexpected, but still sad. I’m sure Mr. Carter won’t be far behind. Sad

Boru

These two are/were what Christians could and should have been.

Sad.

Very sad.
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:Mr. DeSantis, to whom the new State Guard reports directly, has suggested that concerns over the organization’s future role are unwarranted.

“If you turned on NBC, it was ‘DeSantis is raising an army, and he’s going to raze the planet,’” Mr. DeSantis told reporters last year. “But, you know, the response from people was ‘Oh, hell, he’s raising an army? I want to join! Let’s do it.’”
How economic anxiety lead to the creation of a state sponsored anti-federal militia.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/15/us/fl...antis.html
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:The US Army is having a hard time recruiting. Now it's asking soldiers dismissed for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine to come back.

Business Insider
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 20, 2023 at 2:02 pm)Foxaèr Wrote:
Quote:The US Army is having a hard time recruiting. Now it's asking soldiers dismissed for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine to come back.

Business Insider

I wouldn't want the possible Commander in Chief be Trump.  

Along with the other crapping on the military that's been going on...that'd be a no for me.  

And, as a veteran, I hate that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Quote:'Exacerbating inequality': It takes an income of $107,000 to buy a typical US home — a record 22% increase from the previous year.

The U.S. housing market is only getting tighter as buyers with six-figure incomes snag properties while average earners are getting priced out entirely.

Yahoo Finance
~ Erin Hunter
We got ours last year. Cool
Quote:Mystery illness striking dogs may finally be identified

Dogs across the US are being sickened and killed by a mystery illness that veterinarians cannot identify or cure.

But now, researchers believe they may have finally identified what’s causing the respiratory disease, which has caused the deaths of numerous dogs nationwide.

The culprit is “a funky bacterium,” Dr. David Needle, pathology section chief at the College of Life Sciences and Agriculture at the University of New Hampshire, told NBC News.

“It’s smaller than a normal bacterium in its size and in the size of its genome,” he said.

Its small size might allow it to evade a dog’s immune defenses in the upper respiratory tract and get down into the lungs.

“Long story short, it’s a weird bacterium that can be tough to find and sequence,” Needle added.

NY Post
~ Erin Hunter
A car exploded on the Rainbow Bridge. A cross-border bridge between the province of Ontario and the state of New York near Niagara Falls. The couple in the car were killed and one border agent was injured. The cause is still unknown.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67505126
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(November 23, 2023 at 6:05 pm)The Architect Of Fate Wrote: A car exploded on the Rainbow Bridge. A cross-border bridge between the province of Ontario and the state of New York near Niagara Falls. The couple in the car were killed and one border agent was injured. The cause is still unknown.

US thanksgiving holiday traffic drives people nuts.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 23, 2023 at 6:18 pm)brewer Wrote:
(November 23, 2023 at 6:05 pm)The Architect Of Fate Wrote: A car exploded on the Rainbow Bridge. A cross-border bridge between the province of Ontario and the state of New York near Niagara Falls. The couple in the car were killed and one border agent was injured. The cause is still unknown.

US thanksgiving holiday traffic drives people nuts.

Their tempers can get explosive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 4834 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 544 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1611 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37