Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am God
RE: I am God
(March 25, 2013 at 3:30 pm)Joel Wrote:
(March 25, 2013 at 3:29 pm)junkyardboy Wrote: what evil should God not intervene in?

I don't understand the phrasing of your question. Sorry.

EDIT: (maybe I understand it) If he intervenes in some evil (which I don't believe exists, objectively) then why not all?

yes, that is it.
sorry for the lack of clarity.
"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.
(March 26, 2013 at 9:12 pm)Godschild Wrote: This is the response I was expecting, mostly excuses. It would take some work but someone probably could disprove you, as for myself when you put up the OP I knew it would be very difficult, so I took a different route, to show you were untrustworthy and someone unworthy of worship, which by the way includes a ton of love.

You mean like all the horrible shit your god did to Job? Untrustworthy like that?

You mean things like genocide, slavery, rape and eternal punishment for not believing? You mean unworthy of worship like that?

You mean a ton of love like sending people to hell for eternity for minor infractions? Love like stoning your child to death for being unruly or sending a bear to tear children apart for mocking an old man? Is that the kind of love you mean?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(March 26, 2013 at 9:12 pm)Godschild Wrote: This is the response I was expecting, mostly excuses. It would take some work but someone probably could disprove you, as for myself when you put up the OP I knew it would be very difficult, so I took a different route, to show you were untrustworthy and someone unworthy of worship, which by the way includes a ton of love.

Bbutt Wrote:You mean like all the horrible shit your god did to Job? Untrustworthy like that?

Have you ever read and study the Book of Job, did you get to the end and take notice of the blessings God bestowed upon Job. Did you notice it was Satan that brought the bad things upon Job. Hint about the book of Job, it was God's purpose to show His creation how wrong Satan is, to show how desperate Satan is, and that Satan is a liar.

Bbutt Wrote:You mean things like genocide, slavery, rape and eternal punishment for not believing? You mean unworthy of worship like that?

You are confused about God's judgement on people who hated Him and would do harm to Israel, as for eternal punishment, God says He desires no one to go into eternal punishment, with that said the choice is not in God's hands, it is your choice alone.

Bbutt Wrote:You mean a ton of love like sending people to hell for eternity for minor infractions? Love like stoning your child to death for being unruly or sending a bear to tear children apart for mocking an old man? Is that the kind of love you mean?

It's obvious you do not understand the scriptures and even if you have read them you can't reason the sensible, those children you take pity upon are adults, go read the passages and reason it out, quit using the opinion of others. I addressed hell above^. Those children who were mauled by the bear, well be careful about mocking God's chosen ones.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(March 28, 2013 at 1:34 am)Godschild Wrote: Have you ever read and study the Book of Job?

Obviously, you have not read it. Basically, the entire set-up was a bet to see who Job loved more. It is the kind of sick game that a god should not be playing with his creations, unless the god is a psychopath. There is clear evidence of god being a psychopath in the bible.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Mr Infidel, where do you get your ideas of what is sick and what is normal behavior? Prove them in a clear way. Why are God's actions sick. If you just give some naked assertion in which you assert something controversial without giving any evidence, I will assume that is because you can't do it.
(March 28, 2013 at 1:50 am)jstrodel Wrote: Why are God's actions sick?

If you have to ask that question, you have not completely understood what you have read in the bible.
~ Erin Hunter
No, the fact that you responded with that proves that you can't do it, and you are staring at the screen totally aware of the fact that you can't do it, you couldn't even ground self evident moral propositions such as the ones you have mentioned in your metaphysics and ethics.

The reason you respond with snarky responses is because you don't know what you are talking about. Prove me wrong. Give a decent account of why the God of the Bible is sick and why God should conform to what you want God to do.
(March 28, 2013 at 1:56 am)jstrodel Wrote: Give a decent account of why the God of the Bible is sick and why God should conform to what you want God to do.

The god of the bible already works in accordance to how man thinks, because man was the one who created god and wrote about him. The god of the bible is a primitive psychopath just as the men of that time who wanted the power to control the masses.
~ Erin Hunter
You didn't actually argue that, that, like all your posts, is just repeating naked assertions about God's nature, using modern terminology which is not argued (in the sense of self evident beliefs proving controversial conclusions) and just repeating the same thing over and over.

I don't think I am going to produce a single valid argument from you, and I don't think you know what a valid argument is. It is not that I am trying to insult you, or say that you are stupid or something like that, you can be ignorant of what a valid argument is.

I think you should be aware of the fact though, that you don't know what a valid argument is, because you don't.
(March 26, 2013 at 11:07 pm)jstrodel Wrote: And if you were God, you would communicate it to the world in a way that people would know about, if your character was intended to express the moral character of the biological impulse to do good constrains by a sense of objective demand.

You assume, as Drich did, that your strange beliefs regarding your false god dictate how and why I do what I do. If I am God, you worship a human invention. Your rules do not apply to me, the one true God. I communicate to my children through this forum for my own reasons and you do not know them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12816 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6770 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad