Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 6:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childhood indoctrination
RE: Childhood indoctrination
(June 3, 2013 at 4:05 pm)Rhythm Wrote: There ya go, now maybe you can string my posts to your own. They also have "power over us" and use us as a resource. The exact balance of this relationship is a bit more difficult to establish than any one-sided appraisal would hope for it to be. The ubiquitous "They" being not just the livestock, but the crops as well.
You equate dependence on a something as that something having power of us. I don't necessarily disagree. I don't care one way or the other because that statement doesn't actually mean anything.
(June 3, 2013 at 4:05 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I'm thinking of planting the avocado pit I extracted...what say you, Irish?
You like guacamole? Will they grow for you where you're at?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm sure the plant will grow, but I hear you have to graft a fruit-bearing stalk on the stem to actually get produce. Which might be fun to try, eventually. I just wanna see if I can get it to germinate.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(June 3, 2013 at 4:09 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: You equate dependence on a something as that something having power of us. I don't necessarily disagree. I don't care one way or the other because that statement doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a change of words.
It means (and changes) a great deal, set alongside your comment about how our power gives us rights. Couldn't we just as easily say that their power gives -them- rights over -us-?
(and I'm not just talking about dependence btw....I'm talking about things up to and including hardcore behavioral modification-in some cases by means of organic chemistry that we are incapable of matching, let alone exceeding - all with "lesser" or no sentient apparatus to leverage. Quite the display of power, I'd say.)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Couldn't we just as easily say that their power gives -them- rights over -us-?

[shudders]

Triffids.
(June 3, 2013 at 4:12 pm)Rhythm Wrote: It means (and changes) a great deal, set alongside your comment about how our power gives us rights. Couldn't we just as easily say that their power gives -them- rights over -us-?
If they had conscious, they could exercise any power or right they have over us, I guess. We're talking about crops here, though. Any right or power they have over us is given to them by us.

You're gonna' have to stop being so vaguely mysterious if you want me to understand, assuming there is actually something to understand, and you're not just being oh-so-deep.
Gilg... plants power the whole goddamn food chain.

Unless you'd try to convert the energy the sun gives the planet into some sort of food yourself.

Photosynthesis is the only free lunch.
(June 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Gilg... plants power the whole goddamn food chain.
I'm aware and I agree.
(June 3, 2013 at 4:14 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote: If they had conscious, they could exercise any power or right they have over us, I guess. We're talking about crops here, though. Any right or power they have over us is given to them by us.

That's a very quaint appraisal...lol. They do not require consciousness to exercise their power - that's just one of our own handicaps. Youy are absolutely powerless (short of suicide) to give - or take away- anything that your food holds over you, anything that your food has compelled you to do. It's not that I'm being mysterious - again, it;s that you are unaccustomed to thinking about our relationship with our food in this way....I guess it's time to channel Mike, eh Summer?

Does the bee use the flower, or does the flower use the bee? Who has the power in this relationship?
(June 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: That's a very quaint appraisal...lol. They do not require consciousness to exercise their power - that's just one of our own handicaps. Youy are absolutely powerless (short of suicide) to give - or take away- anything that your food holds over you, anything that your food has compelled you to do.
What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck are you saying? You're really rustling my jimmies here. Just be straight forward.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Education vs. Indoctrination Leonardo17 33 2078 May 16, 2024 at 10:52 am
Last Post: h311inac311