Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
RE: Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
To the individual who said about the stoning in England. The punishment for adultery is lashings. Stoning people is a Taliban tradition

God can do anything. He is All-Powerful therefore there is nothing He cannot lift. There is nothing mightier than him.

Like I said before, for the most part every major development is done by people who have a faith. Mostly the Abrahimic faiths

Who gives a shit about the science fiction writers, Star Wars is great but not something so great like you're presuming geek

The father of modern chemistry is a Muslim, Jabar Ibn Hayyan. His teacher was the sixth Shia Imam Jafar as Sadiq peace be upon him

Al Khawarizmi book al jabr is the foundation for algebra. Yes the same classes you've taken throughout your life. This is just a few of the endless examples I could give you and you know it. Don't lie to yourself
[Image: indian_muslims_tolerancevi-vi.jpg]

Fuck him. And that miserable shit Khomeini.
Imam Ja’far Sadiq, (A.S.), says: “Your teacher enjoys the right over you that you should honour him and pay him respect in different assemblies. You should be very attentive to his words. You should not raise your voice above his. If anybody asks him a question you should not give a reply thereto. You should not converse with others in his presence and you should allow the people to benefit from his knowledge. You should not speak ill of anyone before him. If anybody speaks ill of him in your presence you should defend him. You should conceal his shortcomings and bring his virtues to light. You should not associate with his enemies and should not dispute with his friends. If you act on these lines the angels of Allah will testify that you have paid attention to him and have acquired knowledge for the sake of Allah and not to attract the attention of the people. And the right of your pupils on you is that you should realise that in granting you knowledge and opening its path for you, Allah has appointed you to be their guardian. In case, therefore you teach them properly and do not frighten them and are not furious with them Allah will, through His kindness, increase your knowledge. But if you drive the people away from knowledge and as and when they approach you for it you frighten them and get annoyed with them it will be only appropriate that Almighty Allah may take away the light of knowledge from you and may degrade you in the eyes of the people”
(November 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: To the individual who said about the stoning in England. The punishment for adultery is lashings. Stoning people is a Taliban tradition

God can do anything. He is All-Powerful therefore there is nothing He cannot lift. There is nothing mightier than him.

Like I said before, for the most part every major development is done by people who have a faith. Mostly the Abrahimic faiths

Who gives a shit about the science fiction writers, Star Wars is great but not something so great like you're presuming geek

The father of modern chemistry is a Muslim, Jabar Ibn Hayyan. His teacher was the sixth Shia Imam Jafar as Sadiq peace be upon him

Al Khawarizmi book al jabr is the foundation for algebra. Yes the same classes you've taken throughout your life. This is just a few of the endless examples I could give you and you know it. Don't lie to yourself
If there is nothing that god cannot lift then there is something he can not do, create something he can't lift. And by the way the founder of modern psychology was a atheist, and the founder of modern linguistic is a atheist. And don't even get started on people that are deist in science.
And the national academy of the science only list 7% of the entrants as religious.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 18, 2013 at 2:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: To the individual who said about the stoning in England. The punishment for adultery is lashings. Stoning people is a Taliban tradition

Oh thank god for that! And here was me thinking Muslim traditions were barbaric. They get lashings you say, and i suppose the punishment fits the crime, am i right? And do men get lashed as well? Or is it impossible for a man to commit adultery?
How about you stop being a dick and acknowledge that secular societies have helped civilization. The fact that adultery is not a crime shows how much progress we have made.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
That's a contradiction in itself. There is nothing He cannot lift. He can lift anything. By saying He's not All Powerful because he can't not lift something is a contradiction. It's the same nonsense as the last guy. God can't learn. Obviously he can't learn because he is All-Knowing. As he is All-Powerful He can lift very thing. His being All-Powerful is not a flaw and not being able to lift something is a quality of those who are not Allah.

@commentor who just mentioned lashings.

The men get lashings too of course. It's same exact punishment. And yes it does fit the crime. If you are virtuous an respect your spouse, the sanctity of marriage you have nothing to fear. But being virtuous and moral is difficult for you to understand.
(November 18, 2013 at 2:41 pm)Sleepy Wrote: That's a contradiction in itself. There is nothing He cannot lift. He can lift anything. By saying He's not All Powerful because he can't not lift something is a contradiction. It's the same nonsense as the last guy. God can't learn. Obviously he can't learn because he is All-Knowing. As he is All-Powerful He can lift very thing. His being All-Powerful is not a flaw and not being able to lift something is a quality of those who are not Allah.

@commentor who just mentioned lashings.

The men get lashings too of course. It's same exact punishment. And yes it does fit the crime. If you are virtuous an respect your spouse, the sanctity of marriage you have nothing to fear. But being virtuous and moral is difficult for you to understand.
No it is a paradox.
Signifying nothing.
God not being able to lift a stone means He is not All Powerful. By being able to lift any rock means he is All-Powerful. Easy and simple to understand.

"A rationally impossible thing cannot have an external extension. Therefore, when Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq, peace be with him, was asked about God's power to place the world in an egg-shell, he responded, 'Although God's power is infinite, nevertheless, what you are asking is a nothing." (pp. 219-220)

A "nothing" (la shai) is a rational impossibility. Allah cannot do what is logically impossible - He cannot be unjust, create a stone he cannot lift, make 2+2=5, etc. Yet this does not really contradict the fact that Allah is All Powerful. Allah has power over all things - but in these cases there is no "thing" for Him to have Power over (i.e. there is no object of power present). Allah can indeed do anything. However, a rational impossibility is a "nothing," and "nothing" obviously does not and cannot fall under the category "anything." This was (and still is) a long-standing debate between the Sunni Ashari theologians and the philosophers. The Asharis said Allah's Absolute Power means all options are open and all outcomes are possible. Thus in their view Allah can be unjust, create a stone he cannot lift, make 2+2=5, etc. The philosophers disagreed. They said Allah's Absolute Power means "If He wills it, it will happen; if not, not." Thus, ***IF*** Allah willed to be unjust (or create a stone he could not lift, make 2+2=5, etc.), it would happen. However, it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE He would ever so will."
(November 18, 2013 at 2:41 pm)Sleepy Wrote: That's a contradiction in itself. There is nothing He cannot lift. He can lift anything. By saying He's not All Powerful because he can't not lift something is a contradiction. It's the same nonsense as the last guy. God can't learn. Obviously he can't learn because he is All-Knowing. As he is All-Powerful He can lift very thing. His being All-Powerful is not a flaw and not being able to lift something is a quality of those who are not Allah.
Yea, you aren't quite wrapping your head around this are you? Keep trying though champ! If you were even trying in the first place....

(November 18, 2013 at 2:41 pm)Sleepy Wrote: @commentor who just mentioned lashings.

Please don't presume to know a single thing about me or anyone else on this forum. You are betraying your ignorance and bigotry even more than when you started this thread.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Also for a religion that is supposed to be logical, your god choose a very unlogical way to send a very important message. Instead of finding a way to communicate en masse, he contacts a select few prophets and gives them the message who then right it down. And all of these revelation happen in a small area of the globe. And it happens such that 1500 years later your holy book is written in language that even the most literate muslims can barely read, and it is not translated so benagli or albanian muslims for example, have to have it fed to them by there Imams an what not (Learning a second language is very difficult and in poor countries people are lucky if they read their native tongue.)
So it's 1500 years after the revelation of this important message, we have a holy book that most followers of the religion cannot read, and there are still places in the world that have not even heard of this god, and people constantly argue over the proper interpretation of the book. I for one would think that a god could easily guide a man to write a holy book with no need for interpretation.
Is that themost prudent way to do things by you?
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 8224 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2274 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3014 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 6412 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5882 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8011 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1259 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 692 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7923 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 14249 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold