Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 11:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
RE: Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
(November 23, 2013 at 8:47 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Sleepy, are you serious?
I asked how you can differentiate jinn possession from mental illness. None of these symptoms are exclusive to jinn possession at all. All of them can be and have been explained.
I mean for allah's sake, the first one on the list is about not worshipping him. You can't be serious
I notice the recurring theme of 'with no medical cause'
All that means, is we can't explain it yet
Which pretty much means, sleepy, your whole argument is based on an argument from ignorance. This is a logical fallacy. Just because we can't explain something at the moment, does not mean that your idea is right by default. You have to provide evidence that you are right.

Well sleepy? What do you say about his points?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(November 24, 2013 at 10:26 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Jesus is not medication for anyone. Rather the message he was given by Allah is medication.

Um no. No one talks to invisible super heros. "Muslims for Jesus" is no different than "Jews for Jesus". No one has ever had a magic tin foil hat talking to a god.

You'd have just as much chance at convincing us that the polytheistic oracles of Delphi were prophets. Sorry Cassandra.(If you don't know look her up).
I don't come here as often as you'd all like to believe.

Those symptoms doesn't mean whenever that symptom is present there is a jinn. It can mean there is one though and those symptoms will be clumped together. If someone is experiencing seizures most of the time is a medical reason, though a jinn possession can have the same results as well.

If you want to believe jinn are a logical fallacy that's perfectly fine with me because they are indeed real. You're believing or not believing doesn't make them not exist.
(November 27, 2013 at 7:59 pm)Sleepy Wrote: I don't come here as often as you'd all like to believe.

Those symptoms doesn't mean whenever that symptom is present there is a jinn. It can mean there is one though and those symptoms will be clumped together. If someone is experiencing seizures most of the time is a medical reason, though a jinn possession can have the same results as well.

So how can you tell the difference between jinn possession and mental illness?

(November 27, 2013 at 7:59 pm)Sleepy Wrote: If you want to believe jinn are a logical fallacy that's perfectly fine with me because they are indeed real.

Jinn aren't a logical fallacy, that doesn't even make sense. I don't believe they exist because there is no reliable, valid evidence for their existence.

(November 27, 2013 at 7:59 pm)Sleepy Wrote: You're believing or not believing doesn't make them not exist.

In the exact same way that you believing in jinn, doesn't make them exist.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Which mental illness of the countless mental illnesses?
Which Jinn of the thousands or potentially million jinn who are all different from one another?
Lol use your head. Be logical just a little bit.

I'm being patient with you but that's the last chance for you to be logical otherwise I'm not gonna respond to you anymore. It's pointless to argue with a fool
Bingo! Now you're getting it! Big Grin
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(November 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Which mental illness of the countless mental illnesses?
Which Jinn of the thousands or potentially million jinn who are all different from one another?

I'm being patient with you but that's the last chance for you to be logical otherwise I'm not gonna respond to you anymore. It's pointless to argue with a fool

No, you are being the stupid one. It is irrelevant which mental illness it is. As long as the symptoms are the same with one or more of them, then you cannot tell the difference between jinn possession and mental illness.
So I shall ask you again. How can you tell the difference?
I'm really not understanding why this is such a difficult concept for you to grasp? Everyone else seems to understand it just fine.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(November 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Which mental illness of the countless mental illnesses?

Of the symptoms you named before, how many must one have to conclude possession and what is the mechanism by which a jinn possesses a person?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(November 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Lol use your head. Be logical just a little bit.

There are coastal populations drowning when the irony shockwave from you saying that hit the ocean and caused tsunamis.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm)Sleepy Wrote: It's pointless to argue with a fool

Ain't that the fucking truth.

Sure you're not possessed by a Jizz?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 8224 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2274 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3014 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 6412 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5882 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8011 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1259 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 692 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7923 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 14249 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold