Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
RE: Islam IS the true religion of humanity.
(December 17, 2013 at 9:13 am)Nineteen Wrote: I wont answer irrelevant posts .

Petulant child. And here we all still answer yours..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 17, 2013 at 10:10 am)Ksa Wrote:
(December 17, 2013 at 10:05 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: [Image: 325px-Standard_deviation_diagram.svg.png]

Since you linked Gauss' curve, you see the 3 sigma(standard deviations) at right/left. According to the data I posted, the probability for homosexuality to be un-natural is 3 standard deviations away meaning in the 0.1% region so multiplied by 2 that's 0.2% chance for it to be an un-natural occurrence and over 99.8% chance for it to be of natural causes.

Nine sticks to that 0.2% chance because religion makes her feel good.

Indeed.Cheers! (although I'm not convinced that one can determine causality from a distribution). However I'm thinking that when 19 says natural she does not mean it in the mathmatical sense. I certainly did not start to learn about gaussian distribution until I was at post grad level so I'm not holding that against her. However it does mean I don't really know what normal means to her.

That's why I'm interested.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Well, maybe we should stop? Pretty clear she's not here to learn anything about, well, anything, rather just to preach her religion over and over and reject everything else.

For a 19 year old (assumption of age here) to be so closed minded, when traditionally most young people are open to new ideas and exploring different things in the world, really shows how doomed she really is.

Assuming not a troll/POE.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 17, 2013 at 10:03 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Notice how her ignore list is in alphabetical order, until you get to 'feeling' at the end?

Were we put on ignore in that order and it's just a coincidence, or did she purposefully place us all in alphabetical order and forgot about feeling in her anger?

Maybe she was just tired. I'd be tired too if my only reason for being here was just to say "nuh uh!" to everything and act like a moron 24/7.

She may have done it alphabetical on the first time... and then just didn't give a crap about it, when adding new people.

I also noticed she told everyone when and why she put them on ignore... except me...
I must have angered her much and more! Devil
(December 17, 2013 at 10:19 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote:
(December 17, 2013 at 10:10 am)Ksa Wrote: Since you linked Gauss' curve, you see the 3 sigma(standard deviations) at right/left. According to the data I posted, the probability for homosexuality to be un-natural is 3 standard deviations away meaning in the 0.1% region so multiplied by 2 that's 0.2% chance for it to be an un-natural occurrence and over 99.8% chance for it to be of natural causes.

Nine sticks to that 0.2% chance because religion makes her feel good.

Indeed.Cheers! (although I'm not convinced that one can determine causality from a distribution). However I'm thinking that when 19 says natural she does not mean it in the mathmatical sense. I certainly did not start to learn about gaussian distribution until I was at post grad level so I'm not holding that against her. However it does mean I don't really know what normal means to her.

I think we are wandering onto slightly dangerous ground here. I also feel people may start confusing normal with a normally-distributed data set. Hardly synonymous and the word normal doesn't mean the same in the two contexts.

I think Nineteen needs to define what she means by 'normal' before we can continue in even a vaguely meaningful fashion.

Nineteen? Can you do so please?

Oh, and I think Ksa is abusing statistics slightly too; chance isn't really the right word to use, it is more accurate to talk about the variation in the data being random or not.
Quote:I think we are wandering onto slightly dangerous ground here. I also feel people may start confusing normal with a normally-distributed data set. Hardly synonymous and the word normal doesn't mean the same in the two contexts.

I think Nineteen needs to define what she means by 'normal' before we can continue in even a vaguely meaningful fashion.

She sort of did, but only by synonymising it with "natural". Hence my question about the number of sexual partners a male will have. In nature, very high. Does that then make marital infidelity "natural" and thus "normal" and thus "right"?

Waiting for an answer from herself.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
[Image: refract6.jpg]

Normal? Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(December 17, 2013 at 10:41 am)Kayenneh Wrote: [Image: refract6.jpg]

Normal? Tongue

I wonder how many will understand this...
(December 17, 2013 at 10:52 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(December 17, 2013 at 10:41 am)Kayenneh Wrote: [Image: refract6.jpg]

Normal? Tongue

I wonder how many will understand this...

You should start a poll, see if there is a different between different religions/atheists and how many get it... it might shed some light on the matter (hohoho)
(December 17, 2013 at 10:28 am)Duck Wrote:
(December 17, 2013 at 10:19 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Indeed.Cheers! (although I'm not convinced that one can determine causality from a distribution). However I'm thinking that when 19 says natural she does not mean it in the mathmatical sense. I certainly did not start to learn about gaussian distribution until I was at post grad level so I'm not holding that against her. However it does mean I don't really know what normal means to her.

I think we are wandering onto slightly dangerous ground here. I also feel people may start confusing normal with a normally-distributed data set. Hardly synonymous and the word normal doesn't mean the same in the two contexts.

Oh, and I think Ksa is abusing statistics slightly too; chance isn't really the right word to use, it is more accurate to talk about the variation in the data being random or not.

Ok let's do it simply for the 16 homosexual male sample. There is no complication here, grey matter was measured in straight men and homosexual men. Straight men scored an 856 figure and the homosexual males scored a 863 figure.

Question is, what is the probability for the variation to be due to baseline and not to a naturally occurring phenomenon. So first we average all uncertainties:

(59 + 68 + 45 + 52 + 53 x 2 + 67 + 59 + 64) = 57.78

Assuming that homosexuals represent 5% of the world population, we calculate the average grey matter in humans:

0.05 x 863 + 0.95 x 856 = 856.35+- 57.78

On second thoughts, those are big fucking uncertainties, we have a problem here I thought it was 0.57...hmmm well, lets see what it gives:

Standard deviation = (1/40[(856-856.35)^2+(863-856.35)^2+(863-856)^2/ 57.78 ])^1/2

Standard deviation =1.06

So according to the normal distribution the probability is under 30%...this study is shitty I thought the uncertainties were 0.57...if the uncertainty is 57 might as well have varied from 863 to 856, does someone else have another study?

[Image: journal_pone_0000762_t001.png]
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 8219 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2268 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3012 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
Lightbulb Learn the true mercy akay 172 6412 March 19, 2022 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  [Quranic Reflection]: the true face of murder WinterHold 39 5879 April 6, 2020 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8008 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1258 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 692 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7916 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 14245 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold