Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 4:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a volunteer
RE: I need a volunteer
(December 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm)Esquilax Wrote: How can you be sure your personal experiences of this god isn't merely happening in your mind, if you can't demonstrate it to anyone else?

Why should be demonstrated to somebody else?
Your relationship with someone belong to you and nobody else.
What would you say if i ask you to demonstrate your relationship with your lover?
Wouldn't you tell me............mind your own business?
Actually you get religious people who insist so hard that God exist.
People who follow spirituality know that God exist because you are God and that feeling become clear as you develop your consciousness but when they talk to non believers they usually say that you can not possibly realize God all of a sudden.
As i already said before it takes time to establish a proper relationship so it is up to the individual to achieve a proper result.

Quote:Oh, and we all still haven't forgotten that you lied about the evidence a few pages back, so why should any of us trust you at all regarding evidence for anything else? You're clearly willing to fudge it to get the results you want, after all.

I would appreciate if you would tell me where i lied. Wink Shades
(December 23, 2013 at 4:40 am)enrico Wrote: Why should be demonstrated to somebody else?

Because it's literally the only way you have of determining that the thing you're experiencing isn't just a delusion.

Quote:What would you say if i ask you to demonstrate your relationship with your lover?

I would bring her out, and we would say we loved each other. Because that's something that can be demonstrated, and is therefore objectively true.

Quote:I would appreciate if you would tell me where i lied. Wink Shades

I linked you to a study refuting your point. You linked back to some other article saying that study is still ongoing, and when it was pointed out that the article you linked to came from three years prior, you just swept it under the rug. You either knew the dates didn't match, and hence you lied, or you didn't, in which case we've got no reason to take you seriously since you've proven that you don't care about basic fact checking so long as what you find helps your case.

Either way, you never admitted the error, anyway.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 23, 2013 at 4:29 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 4:23 am)enrico Wrote: You forgot that you are in a forum.

You forget that this forum has moderators. Do you like my nice green username, enrico? Care to hazard a guess as to what it means?

Quote:If yes then free speech is given a kick down the gutter so the boys club is saved from erosion and the old values are kept in place. Confusedhock:

Nobody has prevented you from saying things, dude. What'll cause us to take action is if you continue just repeating the same things over and over without ever actually responding to things here. This is a discussion forum, which necessitates discussion; you just patting yourself on the back about how right you are isn't, in any sense, a discussion.

I find it ironic that a guy with a fourteen page thread has the wherewithal to bitch about how we're taking away his free speech.

Not to mention, of course, that free speech doesn't absolve you from consequences, nor does it even apply to private entities like AF and the spaces they create. Rolleyes

1) Don't you think that i MAY repeat the same things (in some cases) because you ask me the same question.
What i suppose to reply to the same question?
Shell i reply a different thing just to make you happy?
What sort of stupid question is it? Confused Fall

2) AF? Thinking

3) I did not say that you took away my free speech.
I only said that ....IF you take away.........so don't come to fast conclusion.

(December 23, 2013 at 4:44 am)Esquilax Wrote: Because it's literally the only way you have of determining that the thing you're experiencing isn't just a delusion.

Delusion don't last very long and do not increase the amount of feeling within, on the contrary with the time decrease this feeling.

Quote:I would bring her out, and we would say we loved each other. Because that's something that can be demonstrated, and is therefore objectively true.

Actually also spiritual love can be brought out in a way.
People with higher consciousness look calmer and relaxed and their eyes look brighter.
In the old painting you see saints with the aureola on the head which is a symbol of higher consciousness.
On the other hand people with lower consciousness tend to swear quite often and be less happy.

Quote:I linked you to a study refuting your point. You linked back to some other article saying that study is still ongoing, and when it was pointed out that the article you linked to came from three years prior, you just swept it under the rug. You either knew the dates didn't match, and hence you lied, or you didn't, in which case we've got no reason to take you seriously since you've proven that you don't care about basic fact checking so long as what you find helps your case.

What sort of garbage are you talking about.
Either articles did not bring up any evidence at all.
As i already said to you there is no point in discussing your link as no concrete evidence is brought forward in that link. Cool Shades
(December 23, 2013 at 4:58 am)enrico Wrote: 1) Don't you think that i MAY repeat the same things (in some cases) because you ask me the same question.

And you think that maybe an answer filled with nothing but unjustified assertions might be considered unsatisfactory? Thinking

Quote:2) AF? Thinking

... Atheist Forums. Dodgy

Quote:3) I did not say that you took away my free speech.
I only said that ....IF you take away.........so don't come to fast conclusion.

The if wasn't the part of the sentence I objected to. It was the assertion that, after giving you fourteen pages to get to some kind of verifiable point, removing you for your relentless, baseless spamming would be unjustified.

Quote:Delusion don't last very long and do not increase the amount of feeling within, on the contrary with the time decrease this feeling.

I'll be sure to tell that to all the people everywhere stuck with persistent mental illnesses for years. I'm sure my ex-girlfriend, who has suffered for years with intense paranoia and anxiety, will be delighted to know that her delusions "don't last very long."

You know exactly fucking nothing, don't you?

Quote:Actually also spiritual love can be brought out in a way.
People with higher consciousness look calmer and relaxed and their eyes look brighter.

So, I'm supposed to take your lustrous, shiny coat as proof of god, and not, say, that your owners have just been feeding you a nicer brand of kibble? Rolleyes

Quote:In the old painting you see saints with the aureola on the head which is a symbol of higher consciousness.

Paintings? Are you being serious?

Quote:On the other hand people with lower consciousness tend to swear quite often and be less happy.

And where do guys who're fucking delighted to be here and also swear fit into your little categories, motherfucker? Because it's a bright summer day here, christmas is around the corner, and I'm eating sushi. I'm real fucking content right now.

Quote:What sort of garbage are you talking about.
Either articles did not bring up any evidence at all.

Only under your dishonest and unworkable definition of evidence.

Quote:As i already said to you there is no point in discussing your link as no concrete evidence is brought forward in that link. Cool Shades

So you're just a liar, then. Cool, glad to see you admit it.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(December 23, 2013 at 5:26 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(December 23, 2013 at 4:58 am)enrico Wrote: AF? Thinking

... Atheist Forums. Dodgy

As far as this nutter's concerned, it's more like Anti-Flatulence.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
My god! Enrico, give it up. I don't remember you providing any evidence for any of your assertions ever. Thats not good enough. If you don't want to be reported for spamming, thats what you are going to have to do.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(December 23, 2013 at 6:23 am)Bad Wolf Wrote: My god!

My God!
You just wake up and you born a believer!
I just can't believe! Confused Fall

Quote:Enrico, give it up. I don't remember you providing any evidence for any of your assertions ever. Thats not good enough. If you don't want to be reported for spamming, thats what you are going to have to do.

I thought you would finally come up with the evidence that life is finite.
You still got few hours to go before i fix the limit at Christmas time.
Never mind, if you can not come up with the evidence i promise i will not report you for spamming.
I only put you in the corral of the boaster individuals. Smile

(December 23, 2013 at 5:26 am)Esquilax Wrote: The if wasn't the part of the sentence I objected to. It was the assertion that, after giving you fourteen pages to get to some kind of verifiable point, removing you for your relentless, baseless spamming would be unjustified.

We have been talking about so many different things in the 14 pages that it is quite ridiculous to load all in a single item or point.
Do you want to talk about the fact that medical science can not eliminate diseases?
Do you want to talk about the fact that nobody so far has brought evidence that life is finite?
Do you want to talk about the fact that atheism has not any solid ground to stand on as there is no evidence for the non existence of God?
Do you want to talk about the fact that in this physical arena there can not possibly any progress at all?
Do you really want to see who is spamming around? Cool Shades

Quote:I'll be sure to tell that to all the people everywhere stuck with persistent mental illnesses for years. I'm sure my ex-girlfriend, who has suffered for years with intense paranoia and anxiety, will be delighted to know that her delusions "don't last very long." You know exactly fucking nothing, don't you?

One of your many problems is that you do not understand the original meaning of the words that in most cases come from Latin or Greek.
Suppose you think are you going to win at Lotto.
In this case you build up an ILLUSION.
When you see that you won nothing that in your mind you build up a DELUSION or that feeling that nothing has being achieved.
This feeling of partial or total DELUSION can give way to a myriad of mental diseases and one of this could be what your ex-girlfriend got.
You can swear as much as you can but your total ignorance want go away easily until you stop masturbating your mind.

Paintings? Are you being serious?

http://funkystock.photoshelter.com/galle...2Wd7IFJ71s
Just one tiny detail...
(December 24, 2013 at 9:04 am)enrico Wrote: Do you want to talk about the fact that nobody so far has brought evidence that life is finite?
huh?!
I haven't seen anyone over the age of 130... everyone's life is finite.
Not to mention every other animal...
(December 23, 2013 at 4:40 am)enrico Wrote: People who follow spirituality know that God exist because you are God and that feeling become clear as you develop your consciousness

Don't over think it
just put it to music
Obsessive chanting
rhythmic drumming
abandoned dancing
energetic coupling

Sorry I think my response to the quote may have been unduly influenced by my headphones.
Your plastic pal who's fun to be with![Image: b7wAvWj.png]

(December 24, 2013 at 9:04 am)enrico Wrote: I thought you would finally come up with the evidence that life is finite.

Grave yards are full of the evidence for the end of life.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Sufi Holy Man Is Arrested For Killing Volunteer He Failed to Bring Back to Life MountainsWinAgain 7 3366 September 19, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Does the world need religion, even if it doesn't need God? Darwinian 21 9910 January 25, 2012 at 9:31 am
Last Post: J.Wylie