Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe in God: So Debate me
RE: I believe in God: So Debate me
(March 30, 2014 at 9:33 pm)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: I can debate you on the nature of the existence of god but proving that god exists is answering a metaphysical claim which is not provable in the objective sense.

Debating the nature of God's existence? Firstly, that seems to (on any normal reading anyway) assume God exists beforehand, which is a non-starter from a debate perspective with an atheist on this, clearly.
Secondly, you're contradicting yourself I think. Debating the nature of God's existence is also metaphysics. Specifically, it involves a discussion on ontology, which is a branch of metaphysics.

Regardless, I don't think you're giving good reasons to shy away from the debate I suggested. After all, the debate topic can be easily modified to avoid your criticism. It could be:

"Is God's Existence Likely or Not?"

It escapes any notion of provability, but instead is on the likelihood for or against God's existence, and gives no undue burden to either of us. So again (and I hope this isn't coming off as rude), you and I can set up this debate ("Is God's Existence Likely or Not?") with a moderator via personal messaging if you agree to it. And given it's on an online forum, we don't have to worry about being put on the spot with our responses, and can take a couple of days between responses if need be.

Let's get it done. Smile
So you begin debating yet?
(March 25, 2014 at 2:58 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: As the title says so whip out your guns and start the atheist vs theist fuck fest. Ask questions about my beliefs or anything you wanna know.

"God is Dead" ~ Nietzsche. So lets see how long it takes to kill him

which god?

Can we start with one trait of your god. I have a simple mind.
(March 25, 2014 at 2:58 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote: As the title says so whip out your guns and start the atheist vs theist fuck fest. Ask questions about my beliefs or anything you wanna know.

Are you sure the sky daddy of your region of the world would approve of that?

How long does it take to eradicate anything imaginary? just takes time. History shows that with progress the mythologies eventually fall by the wayside.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(March 31, 2014 at 11:36 am)Quantum Theorist Wrote:

Are you sure the sky daddy of your region of the world would approve of that?

How long does it take to eradicate anything imaginary? just takes time. History shows that with progress the mythologies eventually fall by the wayside.

How can you kill something which doesn't exist?
(March 29, 2014 at 4:50 am)Shaykh al-Kabir Shair Abdulrab Wrote:
(March 27, 2014 at 12:49 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: If you do believe in a god, how has that belief made your life better?

Lets answer this with another question. If you lack belief that there is no god how has that made your life better?

(March 27, 2014 at 1:03 pm)ThePinsir Wrote: I'm paying far too much for car insurance. How can I reduce my monthly payments?

Use your muscle mass to get a job. Manual labor is in great demand

(March 27, 2014 at 8:42 am)Thunder Cunt Wrote: Damn! That was a good post!
Do you pray at a mosque and fast during Ramadan?

Futile, you and tor bicker like you're married! I don't know whose side to take. Who ever started this shit fit is the bad guy as far as I'm Concerned Wink

I fast during Ramadan....if I feel like it but I do attend a masjid sometimes and make silent flatulence releases while walking around. Although it just occurred to me that Arabs make it filthy enough.

(March 27, 2014 at 9:50 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: So, I'm sensing a lot of sexual tension between tor and futilethewinds.

He is also engaged in a romantic homosexual relationship with me Tongue

So u r not arab?

Also, didnt u say u were female?
great sig dude!!!! I love it.

The only thing I would do is not make it "anything". Why in no-gods name would I choose a pap? But the over idea is great stuff.

also, as a gun guy. Your avatar is disturbing. Do me a favor and load it, pull trigger. Do not get the order wrong. It seems we need to help evolution along sometimes and the wrong order srews the pooch. ROFLOL
(April 1, 2014 at 9:53 am)archangle Wrote: great sig dude!!!! I love it.

The only thing I would do is not make it "anything". Why in no-gods name would I choose a pap? But the over idea is great stuff.

also, as a gun guy. Your avatar is disturbing. Do me a favor and load it, pull trigger. Do not get the order wrong. It seems we need to help evolution along sometimes and the wrong order srews the pooch. ROFLOL
I love u too Smile
(March 31, 2014 at 12:49 pm)tor Wrote: How can you kill something which doesn't exist?

Latin is a dead language.
Do languages exist? I think so... much like mythologies...
(April 1, 2014 at 10:49 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(March 31, 2014 at 12:49 pm)tor Wrote: How can you kill something which doesn't exist?

Latin is a dead language.
Do languages exist? I think so... much like mythologies...

Thing and idea of a thing are 2 different things.
You can kill everybody who heard of spiderman. Destroy all films, books and stories which involve spiderman but those are not actual spiderman.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If there is a God(s) it/they clearly don't want us to believe in them, no? Duty 12 1510 April 5, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious debate via Meme Foxaèr 324 57502 November 12, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  For those who believe the god of abraham was behind the big bang or evolution android17ak47 49 8313 November 1, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Debate: God & Morality: William Lane Craig vs Erik Wielenberg Jehanne 16 3495 March 2, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  List of reasons to believe God exists? henryp 428 86910 January 21, 2018 at 2:56 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 8022 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 10482 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Debate: God Exists Azu 339 58506 March 31, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14717 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8686 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy