Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marriage discrimination struck down in Arkansas.
RE: Marriage discrimination struck down in Arkansas.
(May 11, 2014 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: Our bodies aren't constructed to function that way. Only men and women are physically equipped for each other.

A penis enters the orifice of a vagina. A penis enters the orifice of an anus. a penis enters the orifice of a mouth. An orifice is an orifice. Therefore, men are equipped to be as sexually active with men just as they are with women.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 11, 2014 at 10:14 am)A Theist Wrote: Hey, same here. I tolerate you as well for having the views that you embrace, which also means I don't have to like or agree with your views either....same as with me, it doesn't mean I have to be silent when we disagree, (a fact you better get used to in life because not everybody is going to toe the line with your world view)....and that means as well that you're not going to be automatically rationally justified in having the views which you embrace. But, as has been shown, your side is not the most tolerant of opposing views and opinions.

You do understand that nobody here is demanding you be silent, right? I mean, the thread is, what, fourteen pages of people jousting back and forth over this issue, I don't think that implies a lack of willingness to have these beliefs out there.

What I will do, however, is point out the inconsistencies in your reasoning, if I feel that they're there. Which is all I've done here.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 11, 2014 at 10:16 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: Our bodies aren't constructed to function that way. Only men and women are physically equipped for each other.

A penis enters the orifice of a vagina. A penis enters the orifice of an anus. a penis enters the orifice of a mouth. An orifice is an orifice. Therefore, men are equipped to be as sexually active with men just as they are with women.
Quote:An orifice is an orifice.
A lot of things have orifices. Are you saying that just because a guy has a penis he's equipped to be sexually active with anything that has an orifice?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(May 11, 2014 at 10:31 am)A Theist Wrote: A lot of things have orifices. Are you saying that just because a guy has a penis he's equipped to be sexually active with anything that has an orifice?

Do not be obtuse. Wink Shades
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 10, 2014 at 11:47 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Perhaps - but the reality of the situation is that in this country, marriage is very much a matter of civil law - and as long as that is the case, it is the duty of the government to ensure that all persons have equal treatment under the law.

Not always. There are exceptions. A state may discriminate when there is a legitimate government reason for enactment of a discriminatory law. When the judge claimed no rational reason for the law, he was saying it didn't satisfy a rational basis review.

The rational basis is this: Heterosexual unions offer the most value to the state therefore the state has a reason to incentivize heterosexual unions by granting them a special status.
Oh please, tell me how mean and horrible I am. There's no need to be tolerant of intolerant people. You are a bigot because you think your opinion should be enough to take away someone else's basic rights. Being 'intolerant' of a bigot doesn't make me a bigot.
You are an asshat, because your argument against same sex marriage is about as great as the infamous "god made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" argument. It's childish and asinine.
just look at the parts they don't even go together Facepalm
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(May 11, 2014 at 10:20 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 10:14 am)A Theist Wrote: Hey, same here. I tolerate you as well for having the views that you embrace, which also means I don't have to like or agree with your views either....same as with me, it doesn't mean I have to be silent when we disagree, (a fact you better get used to in life because not everybody is going to toe the line with your world view)....and that means as well that you're not going to be automatically rationally justified in having the views which you embrace. But, as has been shown, your side is not the most tolerant of opposing views and opinions.

You do understand that nobody here is demanding you be silent, right? I mean, the thread is, what, fourteen pages of people jousting back and forth over this issue, I don't think that implies a lack of willingness to have these beliefs out there.

What I will do, however, is point out the inconsistencies in your reasoning, if I feel that they're there. Which is all I've done here.
Quote:You do understand that nobody here is demanding you be silent, right?
No. I never said that. I just think some of you guys need to be reminded every so often that there's others who have different view points from the ones some of you have. The jousting back and forth is fine, but when debates deteriorate to personal attacks and name calling over differences of opinions no one can claim tolerance. If you disagree with me that's fine. There's no way that I expect my views to be accepted by the majority here. That's the nature of this forum. I have no problem with it. I do think we could debate issues without a lot of the hostility over disagreements though. But, I can handle that too.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(May 11, 2014 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: I support marriage between a man and woman, only.

I suspect the majority of theists agree with you. Yet, I do wonder if it is possible for the majority of theists to sway their opinion in years to come, because weather they like it or not gay marriage is only going to continue to be more and more accepted.
(May 11, 2014 at 10:16 am)Kitanetos Wrote:

Not all orifices are the same. A vagina has muscles structures and a lubrication system that helps it withstand the rigors of sex. The anus doesn't have these structures which is why anal sex often causes ass tulips(rectal prolapse).

Its obvious the male form evolved to have sex with the female form and the female form evolved to have sex with the male form. Its debatable(and I am being gracious by giving it that much credit) that the male form evolved to have sex with the male form.
(May 11, 2014 at 10:33 am)Kitanetos Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 10:31 am)A Theist Wrote: A lot of things have orifices. Are you saying that just because a guy has a penis he's equipped to be sexually active with anything that has an orifice?

Do not be obtuse. Wink Shades
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were joking when I read your previous post. You mean you were actually serious? Wink

(May 11, 2014 at 10:47 am)Elskidor Wrote:
(May 11, 2014 at 8:31 am)A Theist Wrote: I support marriage between a man and woman, only.

I suspect the majority of theists agree with you. Yet, I do wonder if it is possible for the majority of theists to sway their opinion in years to come, because weather they like it or not gay marriage is only going to continue to be more and more accepted.

Time will tell if gay marriage continues to be accepted or not. Abortion at one time was pretty much accepted but new polling now indicates that a majority of Americans is turning against it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1196 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 558 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1687 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I'm Getting Real Down On Elizabeth Warren AFTT47 17 1713 November 3, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1582 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Biden isn't going down GrandizerII 82 4826 August 16, 2019 at 3:33 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Meanwhile, Down on the Border Yonadav 6 844 March 11, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  The further dumbing down of the POTUS Joods 6 927 September 20, 2018 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1702 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Oh, Poor Mike Pence. His Favorite Hobby Horse Shot Down Minimalist 8 1757 April 21, 2018 at 3:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger