Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science was once a child of the church.
RE: Science was once a child of the church.
(June 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm)mickiel Wrote: Neither, its a result of research, history, education, science, common sense, logic, and academics. From all the combined information I have, god is real. I both can explain it, and not explain it.

So, you still don't understand the difference between evidence and assertions, plus a heaping helping of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote:, I had a thread, " Is god real", and I went at it for 4 years explaining how god is real. 4 long years I explained it from every angle I could think of; and in all that time, I have never seen a single shred of evidence that he does not exist.

Oh look, you also don't understand the burden of proof. How surprising. Rolleyes

I saw that your first "evidence" in that thread was the assertion that "creatures reproduce after their own kind," which is horrible for all kinds of reasons. I don't exactly hold out hope for the rest of that little crusade. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 7, 2014 at 4:33 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 3:32 pm)mickiel Wrote: Neither, its a result of research, history, education, science, common sense, logic, and academics. From all the combined information I have, god is real. I both can explain it, and not explain it.

So, you still don't understand the difference between evidence and assertions, plus a heaping helping of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Quote:, I had a thread, " Is god real", and I went at it for 4 years explaining how god is real. 4 long years I explained it from every angle I could think of; and in all that time, I have never seen a single shred of evidence that he does not exist.

Oh look, you also don't understand the burden of proof. How surprising. Rolleyes

I saw that your first "evidence" in that thread was the assertion that "creatures reproduce after their own kind," which is horrible for all kinds of reasons. I don't exactly hold out hope for the rest of that little crusade. Dodgy

I am curious, how did you use that quote tag? I don't understand how to use it.

(June 7, 2014 at 4:33 pm)Esquilax Wrote:

Lets see if I got this quote tag thing right.
[Image: juvuna6y.jpg]
(June 7, 2014 at 4:51 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: [Image: juvuna6y.jpg]

I am pleased with the views and responses this thread is getting; and its getting you're attention as well.
(June 7, 2014 at 4:57 pm)mickiel Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 4:51 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: [Image: juvuna6y.jpg]

I am pleased with the views and responses this thread is getting; and its getting you're attention as well.

Because it's hilarious to see such misguided claims as "science is a child of the Catholic Church."

[Image: ygeme7a4.jpg]
(June 7, 2014 at 5:08 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 4:57 pm)mickiel Wrote: I am pleased with the views and responses this thread is getting; and its getting you're attention as well.

Because it's hilarious to see such misguided claims as "science is a child of the Catholic Church."

History records that science once was a child of the church.

I am curious, are you going to threaten me in this thread as well?

(June 7, 2014 at 5:13 pm)mickiel Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 5:08 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: Because it's hilarious to see such misguided claims as "science is a child of the Catholic Church."

History records that science once was a child of the church.

I am curious, are you going to threaten me in this thread as well?

Are you going to continue lying and misrepresenting what other posters are saying, and playing victim in both threads?
(June 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm)mickiel Wrote: I am curious, how did you use that quote tag? I don't understand how to use it.

Just hit the reply button at the bottom of whatever post it is you want to quote, and it'll show up in your text box with a complete set of quote tags, no need to monkey around with them.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
[Image: tumblr_ms944zTXgS1roe8fwo1_500.gif]

[Image: tumblr_ml3vfvj2dm1qfhjmro1_400.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mgfoghIlJJ1rge010o1_500.gif]
(June 7, 2014 at 5:36 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm)mickiel Wrote: I am curious, how did you use that quote tag? I don't understand how to use it.

Just hit the reply button at the bottom of whatever post it is you want to quote, and it'll show up in your text box with a complete set of quote tags, no need to monkey around with them.

Thanks, I think I got the hang of it.

(June 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm)mickiel Wrote:
(June 7, 2014 at 5:36 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Just hit the reply button at the bottom of whatever post it is you want to quote, and it'll show up in your text box with a complete set of quote tags, no need to monkey around with them.

Thanks, I think I got the hang of it.

I thought this was an interesting read;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/12...59063.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once, Twice, 20 Times a solar system. Brian37 1 343 November 28, 2020 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NASA denies mars child slave colony Zen Badger 22 6081 July 2, 2017 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7895 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4332 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe