Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 1:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Q about arguments for God's existence.
RE: Q about arguments for God's existence.
(June 15, 2014 at 9:42 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Do you know any true gentlemen who are still fun?

Yep - me!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Q about arguments for God's existence.
(June 15, 2014 at 1:56 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Why do you believe the Big Bang Theory as the cause of creation?

Did I say I did?

Why are the goal posts suddenly shifting from the validity of theories proposed by astrophysicists based on their religious beliefs to my beliefs?

Speaking of religious beliefs, since when do causes predate the space time manifold in which causality occurs?
Because God. Stop persecuting me! Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 14, 2014 at 10:48 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The Big Bang is only applicable on an individual star basis when it goes supernova. It doesn't work for the universe. And even then it has to be modified in order to fit supernova physics.

I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
(June 8, 2014 at 12:34 pm)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Why are they all so fucking illogical and idiotic? Moreover, why are so many people dumb enough to be "persuaded" by them?

They are no different that the proof the Santa Claus existed when you were a child.

Most people were quite young when they were first indoctrinated about a god - and uneducated is the correct term - not dumb. And most of the time - the indoctrination was done by their parents - who they trusted most.

So - for most people - they never asked for proof of a god - they simply accepted what their parents told them.

But - education - something that religion worked to happen - actually taught us to question things and ask for proof. And the more outlandish the claim - the greater proof was required. When I was young - if you asked for proof of god - you would be pummeled - and told not to question it.

Today - if they did that to you - they would be arrested
So - since there is NO proof of a supernatural god - what could they possibly say except for Double Talk - and nonsense?

And that is why religion is not only losing members - but it is aging rapidly - with fewer and fewer young people joining the nonsense. So - where does religion get its new young members - from third world areas where the children are largely uneducated.

And uneducated people are not accustomed to looking for reality.
(June 16, 2014 at 11:48 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 14, 2014 at 10:48 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The Big Bang is only applicable on an individual star basis when it goes supernova. It doesn't work for the universe. And even then it has to be modified in order to fit supernova physics.

I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

As a 21st Century educated American you should be able to see the flaws in the Big Bang Theory yourself. It partially works on an individual star basis when a star goes supernova but not for the creation of the universe. Think about it and you will see why.
(June 18, 2014 at 4:35 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 16, 2014 at 11:48 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

As a 21st Century educated American you should be able to see the flaws in the Big Bang Theory yourself. It partially works on an individual star basis when a star goes supernova but not for the creation of the universe. Think about it and you will see why.

What a load of shit. Classic pseudoskeptic bullshit:

"If you were as smart as me it would be obvious that...

...global warming is a hoax."

...9/11 was an inside job."

...we never put a man on the moon."

...aliens built the pyramids."

...there is a single universal consciousenss because vibration and frequency."

...the Illuminati controls everything."

...electroacupunture works."

...weight loss can be achieved without diet or exercise."

...Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone."

...Elvis is still alive."

...contrails are a means of chemical warfare."

...vaccines cause autism."

You're going to have to come with some pretty good reasoning if you want us to accept your denial of the Big Bang Theory. Until you provide something more substantial than a backhanded compliment regarding intelligence as justification for your claims, you are nothing more than a crank.
(June 18, 2014 at 4:35 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: As a 21st Century educated American you should be able to see the flaws in the Big Bang Theory yourself. It partially works on an individual star basis when a star goes supernova but not for the creation of the universe. Think about it and you will see why.

"The flaws are so obvious that I certainly can't verbalize them!" Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 18, 2014 at 4:35 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 16, 2014 at 11:48 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

You have got to be ... Uh, never mind.
Are you seriously suggesting that the Big Bang was a supernova, and that all supernovae are Big Bangs (which of course they are, but not in the Event One sense)?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4618 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11607 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1994 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm
  Why are you chasing the idea of the existence of a God? WinterHold 26 3472 August 7, 2018 at 2:05 pm
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 7268 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14581 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16860 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 23482 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Why most arguments for God prove God. Mystic 67 9005 March 25, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Fred Hampton
  What self-subsists, maximum or minimal existence? Mystic 19 2285 March 16, 2017 at 2:51 am
Last Post: masterofpuppets