Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
it seems that the countries that Islam is strongest in are the most oppressive to women.

Is this a coincidence? or is it something about Islam that makes the mistreatment of women easy and desirable?

Iran was fairly secular in the 70s before the islamic revolution, women had more freedom. but once islam took hold womens rights bcme non-existant.

Explain

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Quote:Explain

Allah wants it that way.
(June 7, 2010 at 2:54 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: it seems that the countries that Islam is strongest in are the most oppressive to women.

Is this a coincidence? or is it something about Islam that makes the mistreatment of women easy and desirable?

Iran was fairly secular in the 70s before the islamic revolution, women had more freedom. but once islam took hold womens rights bcme non-existant.

Explain
only 3 countries that i think contain women opression iran,saudia arabia and afghanistan dont start making suggestions when i quoted to you from the Quran you can rather read what i wrote
(June 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: dont start making suggestions when i quoted to you from the Quran you can rather read what i wrote

*sighs* Get it through your head, mo3. It doesn't matter to us what the Qur'an says. What matters is the reality of the way women are treated in Muslim countries. If there is anyone here that seems to hold misconceptions about that... it is you.
(June 7, 2010 at 1:25 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote:
(June 7, 2010 at 12:29 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: In other words: You are not here to listen to anyone. You are here to preach.
am not here to preach but also am not here to argue without an end if someone is saying his opinion or saying somthing clear i respond but when i feel that someone really hate religion and talk in inapproperiate way i prefer to pass

You've hardly argued... let alone argued without end Sleepy The more venomous a person's hate of a thing... the more a very good argument will affect them. We've simply yet to see any... and not answering very good counterpoints it makes your argument all the weaker appearing. Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:You've hardly argued... let alone argued without end Sleepy The more venomous a person's hate of a thing... the more a very good argument will affect them. We've simply yet to see any... and not answering very good counterpoints it makes your argument all the weaker appearing. Sleepy
ok maybe i didnt see counterpoints on the subject as i think i answered all the members who asked questions in a propriate way if there is any points you see i didnt answer plz clarify itSmile
Quote:*sighs* Get it through your head, mo3. It doesn't matter to us what the Qur'an says. What matters is the reality of the way women are treated in Muslim countries. If there is anyone here that seems to hold misconceptions about that... it is you.
OMG what does that has to do with your believe or my believe?thats not the subject the subject is women in islam not women in some muslim countries(even this i clarified before)
Quote:is women in islam not women in some muslim countries(even this i clarified before)

Wow.

I guess they make these for your sect, too.

[Image: bible_blinders.jpg]
@ minimalist lol thats funny picture but they dont do it for my sect we are asked in the Quran to think and reason not to follow blindlySmile
Mo3 Wrote:ok maybe i didnt see counterpoints on the subject as i think i answered all the members who asked questions in a propriate way if there is any points you see i didnt answer plz clarify it

You could try answering Scented Nectar for a start Sleepy Else it seems you have no answer to her argument... and her argument would remain an uncontested conclusion, which would hardly support your "side?" of the argument Sleepy
Also, you've yet to respond to my post from page 4, which I've just now copied and moved here (and edited two words that might be slightly misleading). It's another point that gone unresponded makes your side only the weaker Sleepy

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(June 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: @ minimalist lol thats funny picture but they dont do it for my sect we are asked in the Quran to think and reason not to follow blindlySmile

Yeah....I'm sure that's the mantra of suicide bombers everywhere!
(June 7, 2010 at 4:11 pm)mo3taz3nbar Wrote: only 3 countries that i think contain women opression iran,saudia arabia and afghanistan dont start making suggestions when i quoted to you from the Quran you can rather read what i wrote

Ah...so things are peachy-keen in Pakistan?

http://www.islamfortoday.com/pakistanwomen.htm

Quote:Gender relations in Pakistan rest on two basic perceptions: that women are subordinate to men, and that a man's honor resides in the actions of the women of his family. Thus, as in other orthodox Muslim societies, women are responsible for maintaining the family honor. To ensure that they do not dishonor their families, society limits women's mobility, places restrictions on their behavior and activities, and permits them only limited contact with the opposite sex. Space is allocated to and used differently by men and women. For their protection and respectability, women have traditionally been expected to live under the constraints of purdah (purdah is Persian for curtain), most obvious in veiling. By separating women from the activities of men, both physically and symbolically, purdah creates differentiated male and female spheres. Most women spend the major part of their lives physically within their homes and courtyards and go out only for serious and approved reasons. Outside the home, social life generally revolves around the activities of men. In most parts of the country, except perhaps in Islamabad, Karachi, and wealthier parts of a few other cities, people consider a woman--and her family--to be shameless if no restrictions are placed on her mobility.

Yep...sounds like female heaven, alright.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6607 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The most stupid misconceptions about Islam R00tKiT 123 16350 October 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8503 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4934 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Removing misconceptions of my path. Mystic 24 7501 January 8, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8008 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 40290 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3150 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2180 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7126 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic