Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 244 Accomplishments of President Obama
The 244 Accomplishments of President Obama
http://kaystreet.wordpress.com/2010/11/0...ent-obama/

Not too bad. Any objections?

Having a president that accomplishes more than clearin' some trees at the ranch, while our country goes to shit is rather refreshing, in my opinion.

RE: The 244 Accomplishments of President Obama
I don't argue he has done good things. But as far as I am concerned he is still for the status quo, and that is not what we need.

We needed universal medical care, and we got some fluffy feel good stuff. If the republicans were blocking it, then start calling them out. Yell at them. Expose their lies. Show their connections.
We need to see these facts from the president. Act un-presidental. Loosen your tie, un-tuck the shirt. Start foaming at the mouth

I hope if he gets a second term he just tells it how it is. Why don't presidents call people out?

I know he has information he didn't know before he was president, and he should give that information to the people.

I still see Guantanamo Bay open, and US in control of a piece of Cuba, unacceptable for any sovereign nation.
Also I still see US troops in every part of the world. Bring them home and give them hammers and sickles and actually produce something instead of exporting death, destruction, and control.
Make our economy about producing useful goods, and not just weapons of destruction.
Obama is weak, and a coward. We need a president with GIANT BALLS!
Kucinich.. Department of Peace. what a novel idea.

What you americans voted in was a hard working polititian who achieves things under difficult conditions.

What you seem to want is some blow hard arsehole that bullies people into submission.

You have a grown up polititian for once, treasure him.

For once you dont have a preening peacock strutting about, but an errudite and contientitious president the equal of any in the world.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's ultimately why I'm still going to be voting for him. Interesting find. Smile
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
I don't agree with him on a lot of things, namely his drug policy, among other things. I do understand that it's hard to be a black man president. He is attacked for things he doesn't say, so saying something in favor of abolishing the war on drugs would just be overwhelming.

Anyone heard anything about this new defense bill?

http://www.telegram.com/article/20111216...69818/1020

I heard he's not going to veto it. Undecided

Consider the alternative.

[Image: 7dwarfs.png]

(December 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I heard he's not going to veto it. Undecided

I believe I've heard that they've added language that would allow for being exempt from this rule if you're an American citizen.

Otherwise, I would expect that an American Revolution 2: Revolution Harder to be around the corner, because there is no fascism like American fascism.

I still hate this bill and everything is stands for. I fully expect Americans to be detained "on accident" that they'll put zero effort into resolving without a giant media spectacle. I still don't like the idea of being able to secret away even non-american citizens into secret prisons with no trial for the same reasons - they might not be american, but they're still people.

Also, let's not forget SOFA and Protect IP laws to censor the internet!

You know, to protect our freedoms.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Look, he maybe a cowardly preachy noodled spined would be community organizer, but he does reluctantly exhibit evidence of having evolved for at least a few hours beyond an ape, which is a few billion years more than all his rivals combined.
(December 16, 2011 at 5:14 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Consider the alternative.

[Image: 7dwarfs.png]

I love how Bachman is Dopey!

Big Grin

(December 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I love how Bachman is Dopey!

Big Grin

You just reminded me of when Bachman appeared on the Jimmy Fallon show. I didn't see it, but I heard about it on FOX news and TYT because they played a song called (or with the lyrics) "lyin bitch" as she entered the stage. That was supposed to be a big controversey and while it's rather juvenile to do with a guest (even Bachman) - it's still really funny.

I guess what I'm saying is that I agree with you only because there is no "lyin bitch" dwarf or "deluded idiot" dwarf.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 860 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1198 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 858 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1596 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 22988 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 4675 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1440 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1886 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1228 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate