Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it correct to classify Obama as the first black president"
RE: Is it correct to classify Obama as the first black president"
Mehmet..you obsess FAR TOO much about ethnicity and race. You are no more pure Turkish than I am.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(January 29, 2012 at 10:52 am)Tiberius Wrote: My question: Who cares?

Every republican running for president.

Aren't President Obama running the election for second term?
(January 29, 2012 at 10:49 am)5thHorseman Wrote: Except for singing Al Green, well, he's a corporate schmuck and he's definitely 60/40 honkey.

ROFLOL 5th, my love, I just about snorted tea out of my nose.

If a woman could be made horny by how much someone makes her laugh, I think you've left me in a limp heap since you've joined this forum.

(January 29, 2012 at 3:51 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:
(January 29, 2012 at 10:52 am)Tiberius Wrote: My question: Who cares?

Race relations are a big deal in America

Race relations are a big deal to Mehmet.

I don't give a fuck what Obama is. I don't even care if he's secretly Muslim. I'm more concerned with the shit he's let fly during his presidency.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I aim to please you, my queen.

The amount of people who think I should be a comic or a comic writer is unreal, but i'm a very serious person :S
'I just about snorted tea out of my nose.'

Glad to see you have repented your coffee sins and come back to the dark side.
Serious people make hysterical comics.
(February 6, 2012 at 11:48 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Serious people make hysterical comics.

Yeah, look at Karl Pilkington:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hol4h0liWWY
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Karl Pilkington is fucking hilarious.
(January 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, that is why I used the term "stereotypical", because that is the impression I got from them, meaning, that this ought to be the impression that one has to get when thinking of the afro-american minority.

That ought to be the impression? That one has to get? You apparently have some racial issues to work out, there.

Quote:But just like you said, you grew up together, and I presume that you came from a middle class neighborhood with aspirations to amount more than simply becoming a cashier at the local grocery shop.

And what's wrong with being a cashier? It's honest work just like anything else.
Quote:About mammy...Well, can you actually brush aside the one part of a person in favour of the other? Obama is no more black than he's white, in terms of his blood, and he is also very cultured, speaks the english language with a clear accent(I don't know if he speaks any other languages besides his native english), and has had higher education.
So he does not fit the "black guy" type that we remember from Harlem or Bronx, or Detroit.

I don't know where you were trying to go with this thread, but you ended up in 1950s Mississippi. Congratulations.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]
RW, I don't believe we've met. Pleased to meet your acquaintance and I love your avatar.

Mehmet is overly obsessed with race and heritage. Rather than taking it as something of historical interest, or a source of comedy, he seems to think that accidents of birth actually mean something.
Greetings, lovely to meet you as well. Also, your sig is quite fantastic.

As I am pretty new here, I haven't become acquainted with everyone's way of thinking. I was going to give Mehmet a little break because there seems to be a slight ESL problem, but that opportunity was quite conclusively dashed with the follow up responses.
[Image: sig3-2.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 860 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 858 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25324 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1602 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 23002 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 4689 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1442 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 1887 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee