Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 11:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
(October 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Godisgood Wrote: Can you do me a favor and look something up for me?

What do you wish me to look up?

(October 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm)Godisgood Wrote: God wasn't apologizing! I have never heard any atheist make that claim before ever!!

The wonder of critical thinking when interpreting scripture. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
God wasn't sorry for flooding the earth, he was sorry for having ever made man......what with them being horrible pieces of shit and all. Air tight case for genocide.

Not that it matters much, since it never happened.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 11, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Khemikal Wrote: God wasn't sorry for flooding the earth, he was sorry for having ever made man......what with them being horrible pieces of shit and all.

That's your interpretation. Wink
~ Erin Hunter
Just type into Google this: If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?

FYI I'm about to leave for dinner in about minutes.

You'reoure referring to Genesis 67:6, right? That verse has an explanation!!

(October 11, 2017 at 10:08 pm)Khemikal Wrote: God wasn't sorry for flooding the earth, he was sorry for having ever made man......what with them being horrible pieces of shit and all.  Air tight case for genocide.

Not that it matters much, since it never happened.

what with them being horrible pieces of shit and all. Air tight case for genocide.

Yeah He may have committed it but it was Just!

Considering you even acknowledged yourself that they were wicked, that makes for an even stronger case that He was Just.
(October 11, 2017 at 10:10 pm)Godisgood Wrote: Just type into Google this: If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?

Enjoy your dinner.

I'm uncertain what searching "If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?" has to do with our current discussion.

Is this the link?
https://www.gotquestions.org/if-God-knew...e-sin.html

The first line of the answer:
Answer: The Bible says that God created all things—including us—for Himself.

That does not reassure me of god being a good being whatsoever. "For himself" seems rather selfish; one would think a god was above that.
~ Erin Hunter
Quote: Its Adam that is blamed.

There was no "Adam."

Quote:There is an old Inca myth that goes something like this:

The first Inca man was created by Inti, the sun god. The god named him Manco Capac. The sun god did not want the man to be lonely. So he created a sister (a wife) for Manco Capac. She did not have a name. She was only a woman, and really did not need one.

There was no "Manco Capac," either.  These are fairy tales invented by primitive men to explain their world.  You should have moved on from it but I guess not.
(October 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(October 11, 2017 at 10:10 pm)Godisgood Wrote: Just type into Google this: If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?

Enjoy your dinner.

I'm uncertain what searching "If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?" has to do with our current discussion.

Is this the link?

That does not reassure me of god being a good being whatsoever.  "For himself" seems rather selfish; one would think a god was above that.

Yes, however evil isn't a thing. That sounds weird but I have a link that talks about it.  

When I look up what the verse is that says that Colossions 1:16 comes up.
(October 11, 2017 at 10:10 pm)Godisgood Wrote: Yeah He may have committed it but it was Just!
-said everyone who ever attempted genocide ever.  

Quote:Considering you even acknowledged yourself that they were wicked, that makes for an even stronger case that He was Just.

Let's ignore the fact that I made no such acknowledgement and run with it.  Genocide as a "just" punishment for "wickedness".  

They were all wicked.  Wicked wicked wicked.  Lets kill them. Praise the lord, hallelujah. Hey, I bet we could find a bunch of wickeds loitering around today too! Who's up for another round of genocide?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 11, 2017 at 10:18 pm)Godisgood Wrote:
(October 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Enjoy your dinner.

Is this the link?

That does not reassure me of god being a good being whatsoever.  "For himself" seems rather selfish; one would think a god was above that.

Yes, however evil isn't a thing. That sounds weird but I have a link that talks about it.  

When I look up what the verse is that says that Colossions 1:16 comes up.

It has a lot to do with what we are discussing.
(October 11, 2017 at 10:22 pm)Godisgood Wrote: It has a lot to do with what we are discussing.

Then perhaps you can describe it in your own words rather than referring me to a google search whereby I am uncertain if I have even clicked on the right link.
~ Erin Hunter