Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 2:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psalm 137:9
RE: Psalm 137:9
This is going nowhere fast.

If you have a point to make, aside from mere assertion, then make it.
Were you there?   

I jest.

I think the problem is that you don;t understand what the term abiogenesis means.  It just means life from non life.  Unless the dirt god made adam from was already alive....then god made life from non-life.

If it was already alive...well...that would be a bigger problem for the notion that god created life in the first place.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 14, 2017 at 1:37 am)Tizheruk Wrote: 1. Richard Dawkins is not atheism nor is any one man 

2. Naturalism is not atheism 

3. Lawrence is Atheism . 

4. Evolution is not Atheism nor is Abiogenisis .

What are you talking about?

Richard Dawkins is an atheist. He's not atheism.

Naturalism is known by other names: Atheism, scientific materialism, and secular humanism. 

There are atheists who believe in evolution. They are called Atheistic evolutionists.

(October 14, 2017 at 1:52 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: This is going nowhere fast.

Can you remind me, quickly, of what we were talking about. Im talking to other people and I dont remember. Sorry!

When considering how life began, there are only two options. Either life was created by an intelligent source (God) or it began by natural processes.

Administrator Notice
Final paragraph above taken from AiG - Cyberman
Script, knew it.  Hey buddy, just link AIG and save yourself the trouble.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Yup just what i said . He may be an atheist but he does not speak for atheism . No one does.

Naturalism is known by other names: Atheism, scientific materialism, and secular humanism.
No it's not naturalism is not atheism . And no you can be a naturalist without being a materialist. You can be a secular humanist and reject naturalism and materialism. none of these are exclusive and none of them are atheism .   

There are atheists who believe in evolution. They are called Atheistic evolutionists.
Their are atheists who accept evolution  but that does not make evolution atheism.

No when we consider lifes origins we except we don't know . Forcing a false dilemma will not give us answers . Just apologetic s.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(October 14, 2017 at 2:04 am)Khemikal Wrote: Script, knew it.  Hey buddy, just link AIG and save yourself the trouble.

Ok I will but can you remind me of what we were talking about. I cant provide a link from AIG if I dont know what we were talking about. Just remind me? Was it Morality, Evolution, Naturalism, Abiogenesis, etc? Its like a one word answer.  Please

(October 14, 2017 at 2:11 am)Godisgood Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 2:04 am)Khemikal Wrote: Script, knew it.  Hey buddy, just link AIG and save yourself the trouble.

Ok I will but can you remind me of what we were talking about. I cant provide a link from AIG if I dont know what we were talking about. Just remind me? Was it Morality, Evolution, Naturalism, Abiogenesis, etc? Its like a one word answer.  Please
And what does Script mean?

(October 14, 2017 at 2:07 am)Tizheruk Wrote: What are you talking about?

Yup just what i said . He may be an atheist but he does not speak for atheism . No one does.

No it's not naturalism is not atheism . And no you can be a naturalist without being a materialist. You can be a secular humanist and reject naturalism and materialism. none of these are exclusive and none of them are atheism .   

Their are atheists who accept evolution  but that does not make evolution atheism.

No when we consider lifes origins we except we don't know . Forcing a false dilemma will not give us answers . Just apologetic s.

Just apologetics?

(October 14, 2017 at 2:11 am)Godisgood Wrote:

(October 14, 2017 at 2:11 am)Godisgood Wrote: Ok I will but can you remind me of what we were talking about. I cant provide a link from AIG if I dont know what we were talking about. Just remind me? Was it Morality, Evolution, Naturalism, Abiogenesis, etc? Its like a one word answer.  Please
And what does Script mean?

(October 14, 2017 at 2:07 am)Tizheruk Wrote: What are you talking about?

Just apologetics?

I never said that. He is an atheist who believes in atheism.

I know what Abiogenesis is. God did NOT to that!! Can I explain why or not??
(October 14, 2017 at 2:11 am)Godisgood Wrote: Ok I will but can you remind me of what we were talking about. I cant provide a link from AIG if I dont know what we were talking about. Just remind me? Was it Morality, Evolution, Naturalism, Abiogenesis, etc? Its like a one word answer.  Please
Like I said, take your pick.  I was being facetious..though...why would I want you to plaster AIG trash all over the boards?

-and no, you can't explain why - unless the answer to "what did god make life from" is life...then we're talking abiogenesis. That's just what the term means.
(October 14, 2017 at 2:00 am)Godisgood Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 1:37 am)Tizheruk Wrote: 1. Richard Dawkins is not atheism nor is any one man 

2. Naturalism is not atheism 

3. Lawrence is Atheism . 

4. Evolution is not Atheism nor is Abiogenisis .

(October 14, 2017 at 1:52 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: This is going nowhere fast.

Can you remind me, quickly, of what we were talking about. Im talking to other people and I dont remember. Sorry!

When considering how life began, there are only two options. Either life was created by an intelligent source (God) or it began by natural processes.

We aren't talking about anything specifically. I'm just waiting for the inevitable string of posts in which you make your argument from personal incredulity, wow us with the cosmological argument, claim without a shred of evidence that there are supernaturally based teleological processes at work, and otherwise run through the apologists' standard playbook.

*shrug*

But since I'm here:

Quote:Naturalism is known by other names: Atheism, scientific materialism, and secular humanism. (1) 

There are atheists who believe in evolution. They are called Atheistic evolutionists. (2)

(1) You need to distinguish between metaphysical naturalism and methodological naturalism. A scientist who happens to be a Christian but otherwise does solid scientific work uses methodological naturalism as a matter of course (this doesn't apply to the hacks at the Discovery Institute, who are engaged in culture war -- not science). All metaphysical naturalists are atheists; not all atheists are metaphysical naturalists. Secular humanism adopts no particular stance on the question of metaphysical naturalism, and not all atheists are secular humanists.

(2) Lol. Called that by whom? The only people I've ever seen use such clumsy language to characterize people who have read and understood biology books are culture warrior creationists.
Godisgood, I'm going to ask you a couple of fairly simple questions -- but you need to answer them without the Bible and without other web sites.

Why did you come here to Atheist Forums in particular?

What do you feel when we criticize your beliefs?
(October 14, 2017 at 2:16 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 2:00 am)Godisgood Wrote: What are you talking about?

We aren't talking about anything specifically. I'm just waiting for the inevitable string of posts in which you make your argument from personal incredulity, wow us with the cosmological argument, claim without a shred of evidence that there are supernaturally based teleological processes at work, and otherwise run through the apologists' standard playbook.

*shrug*

But since I'm here:

Quote:Naturalism is known by other names: Atheism, scientific materialism, and secular humanism. (1) 

There are atheists who believe in evolution. They are called Atheistic evolutionists. (2)

(1) You need to distinguish between metaphysical naturalism and methodological naturalism. A scientist who happens to be a Christian but otherwise does solid scientific work uses methodological naturalism as a matter of course (this doesn't apply to the hacks at the Discovery Institute, who are engaged in culture war -- not science). All metaphysical naturalists are atheists; not all atheists are metaphysical naturalists. Secular humanism adopts no particular stance on the question of metaphysical naturalism, and not all atheists are secular humanists.

(2) Lol. Called that by whom? The only people I've ever seen use such clumsy language to characterize people who have read and understood biology books are culture warrior creationists.

(October 14, 2017 at 2:17 am)Godisgood Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 2:16 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: We aren't talking about anything specifically. I'm just waiting for the inevitable string of posts in which you make your argument from personal incredulity, wow us with the cosmological argument, claim without a shred of evidence that there are supernaturally based teleological processes at work, and otherwise run through the apologists' standard playbook.

*shrug*

But since I'm here:

This is important:

https://answersingenesis.org/origin-of-l...n-of-life/