Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Messier 101
RE: Messier 101
(March 27, 2012 at 7:31 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(March 27, 2012 at 6:30 am)orogenicman Wrote:
(March 26, 2012 at 9:36 pm)KichigaiNeko Wrote: orogenicman? Are you selling these pics??

I can. Are you interested?

Hell yeah...what have you got?? As below I already have the Pleiades but I have room for at least two more photos in my bedroom!

Then you'll be wanting this one:

[Image: m42a1-1-2.jpg]

Quote:And Zen said YES!! Big Grin

(Looking for a 50cm x 50cm pic minimum)

The best I can do is an 8.5x11 color print. What I can do is sell you the high resolution image file, and you can take it to a photo processing center, and have them print you a poster. Send me a pm if you are interested.
Crap. Photobucket is not letting me log on. I'll get back to you.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
YES!!

Do you have one of the Andromeda Galaxy?? If not can you get one??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 27, 2012 at 8:57 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: YES!!

Do you have one of the Andromeda Galaxy?? If not can you get one??

Not one that I'm proud of. I will be hopefully working on that this summer when it is best positioned. It's a tough one to image correctly.
Here is the one that I am posterizing that you might be interested in:

[Image: m42a1.jpg]

'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
This one gets the thumbs down.... Andromeda galaxy or nothing (says Zen) we can wait for what we want.. took me at least 6 months for the Pleiades
Funniest thing is that we ARE in the Southern Hemisphere and see alot of stuff that you guys don't get to see until later in OUR year... ah me planetary orbits eh??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(March 27, 2012 at 9:16 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: This one gets the thumbs down.... Andromeda galaxy or nothing (says Zen) we can wait for what we want.. took me at least 6 months for the Pleiades
Funniest thing is that we ARE in the Southern Hemisphere and see alot of stuff that you guys don't get to see until later in OUR year... ah me planetary orbits eh??

I can relate. I am dying to see the Magellanic clouds, Carina, etc. You're going to have to wait until at least July at the earliest, probably August, if Andromeda is what you want. I'll do what I can. In the mean time, I have something else you might like that you can't see in the Southern Hemisphere. Give me a few minutes and I'll post it.
Here it is. One of my best:

[Image: IC5146_1hr36mb-1.jpg]

There are over 7,000 galactic stars in this image.

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Way cool!! Big Grin But It IS the Andromeda galaxy he wants. At the moment here in the SH we have a very good view of Leo with Mars in it's centre. Orion and Saturn are also quite good.
Why do you not sell the images you have??
(March 27, 2012 at 10:00 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Way cool!! Big Grin But It IS the Andromeda galaxy he wants. At the moment here in the SH we have a very good view of Leo with Mars in it's centre. Orion and Saturn are also quite good.
Why do you not sell the images you have??

Me too. In fact, I got a glimpse of Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars through a 16 inch telescope last night. Looking at Saturn through this scope, you could see the Cassini division in the rings and also see the shadow of the rings on the SURFACE OF SATURN and three of its moons! And that's the first time I've seen the ring shadow!

I am only happy to sell them to anyone who wants to buy them. But there are too many people doing much better work than I am to warrant doing it on a regular basis. But like I said, if someone wants to pay me for them, I'm happy to oblige. But this is a labor of love, and I enjoy sharing them, don'tcha know. Cool Shades

- Dr. Donald Prothero
It is a "Self Funding Hobby" and as such it will help you with your hobby orogenicman. How this is going to be done I have no idea but Zen has his heart set on the Andromeda Galaxy and will not compromise. So he is prepared to wait. Big Grin
Right now here we have ... Leo in the North, Libra and Scorpio in the East, Acrux and Carina in the South, Orion setting in the West. Moon has set and Saturn and Spica are bright on the Eastern Horizon.
(March 27, 2012 at 10:28 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: It is a "Self Funding Hobby" and as such it will help you with your hobby orogenicman. How this is going to be done I have no idea but Zen has his heart set on the Andromeda Galaxy and will not compromise. So he is prepared to wait. Big Grin
Right now here we have ... Leo in the North, Libra and Scorpio in the East, Acrux and Carina in the South, Orion setting in the West. Moon has set and Saturn and Spica are bright on the Eastern Horizon.

That's fine. I've taken a few pictures of it, but to do it justice, one must go very deep (at least two hours of expsoure). I hope to be able to do it this summer. I wanted to last year, but the weather (and my wallet) wouldn't cooperate.

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Understood Thumb up

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Messier 45, in Taurus orogenicman 7 1318 March 31, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  Messier 20, the Trifid Nebula orogenicman 4 1266 February 15, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Messier 33, The Triangulum Galaxy orogenicman 0 711 April 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm
  Messier 33, in Triangulum orogenicman 8 2705 September 25, 2013 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Messier 20, The Trifid Nebula, In Sagittarius orogenicman 6 2654 June 7, 2013 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Baalzebutt
  Messier 3, Globular Cluster in Canes Venatici orogenicman 12 3594 April 17, 2013 at 1:14 am
  Messier 13, Globular Cluster in Hercules orogenicman 0 1273 April 14, 2013 at 2:11 am
  Remix of Messier 8 Core, The Lagoon Nebula orogenicman 2 1419 March 13, 2013 at 11:01 am
  Messier 33, The Pinwheel Galaxy, in Triangulum orogenicman 2 1841 December 9, 2012 at 11:44 am
  Messier 8, The Lagoon Nebula orogenicman 3 2305 December 7, 2012 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Annik