Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 8:32 am

Poll: Your continent
This poll is closed.
Asia
6.78%
31 6.78%
Antarctica
0.88%
4 0.88%
The Arctic
0.88%
4 0.88%
Australia
5.25%
24 5.25%
North America
56.24%
257 56.24%
South America
0.44%
2 0.44%
Europe
25.38%
116 25.38%
Africa
1.53%
7 1.53%
Other
2.63%
12 2.63%
Total 457 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where do you come from?
RE: Where do you come from?
(May 6, 2015 at 11:05 am)dahrling Wrote: I hope I haven't summoned your inner Nazi yet  Razz

So far, you're in the clear.

(May 6, 2015 at 11:05 am)dahrling Wrote: Yes, except in the south. In the south they like to use "tu" for some reason  Huh 

I know you are talking about a different south, but I couldn't help responding to this. I grew up in the southern United States, otherwise known as the place where the English language goes down the drain. The south is definitely where the language differs from English to 'Murrican.
(May 6, 2015 at 11:46 am)Jericho Wrote:
(May 6, 2015 at 11:05 am)dahrling Wrote: I hope I haven't summoned your inner Nazi yet  Razz

So far, you're in the clear.

(May 6, 2015 at 11:05 am)dahrling Wrote: Yes, except in the south. In the south they like to use "tu" for some reason  Huh 

I know you are talking about a different south, but I couldn't help responding to this.  I grew up in the southern United States, otherwise known as the place where the English language goes down the drain.  The south is definitely where the language differs from English to 'Murrican.

Phew  Wink

But yes, I did mean Brazil's southern region Smile

I can definitely understand what you mean after watching Honey Boo Boo on TV. I regret nothing. Tongue
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
Honey Boo Boo is a disgrace to anyone who grew up in the southern United States. That show alone is a statement to how little is required to entertain us....
(May 6, 2015 at 12:17 pm)Jericho Wrote: Honey Boo Boo is a disgrace to anyone who grew up in the southern United States.  That show alone is a statement to how little is required to entertain us....

But is it really representative of the south? (your south)
Not really. But the fact that some of the American public actually enjoys that show is enough to make me sick.
The fuck is Honey Boo Boo?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 6, 2015 at 12:38 pm)Jericho Wrote: Not really.  But the fact that some of the American public actually enjoys that show is enough to make me sick.

I think Big Brother is a lot worst (we also have it in Brazil).
Or the dreadful Kardashians.
@dahrling - Just thanks us for giving you something to speak Tongue I have a close friend who still believes Brazilians are Portugal's rightfully slaves (and quite honestly I dream of conquering Africa someday again, but Brazil is gonna be hard)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(May 6, 2015 at 12:45 pm)dahrling Wrote: I think Big Brother is a lot worst (we also have it in Brazil).
Or the dreadful Kardashians.

I have never been overly fond of shows like those. I feel like they make American youth ignorant and materialistic. That's just an opinion though.
(May 6, 2015 at 12:58 pm)Dystopia Wrote: @dahrling - Just thanks us for giving you something to speak Tongue I have a close friend who still believes Brazilians are Portugal's rightfully slaves (and quite honestly I dream of conquering Africa someday again, but Brazil is gonna be hard)

Wow, I guess colonialism is still alive  Tongue
I doubt Portugal will be conquering Africa any time soon  Big Grin

(May 6, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Jericho Wrote:
(May 6, 2015 at 12:45 pm)dahrling Wrote: I think Big Brother is a lot worst (we also have it in Brazil).
Or the dreadful Kardashians.

I have never been overly fond of shows like those.  I feel like they make American youth ignorant and materialistic.  That's just an opinion though.

Reality shows. Yuck. 
No way

with the exception of The Voice  Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought id come back and say dyresand 7 1251 December 26, 2018 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Request permission to come aboard. topher 19 3310 May 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: topher
  When do you come from? (How old are you?) CleanShavenJesus 102 21413 August 9, 2013 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Terr
  I have come to teach the masses! The Winter Saint 31 6056 September 5, 2011 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  I come here seeking sanity True Unbeliever 8 3298 January 19, 2009 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet