Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The redneck strike again.
RE: The redneck strike again.
(May 9, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Chas Wrote:
(May 9, 2014 at 12:31 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: That's because the universe is made of cosmic strings tying brains together. In order to advance we must escape the limitations of the four-dimensional superstructures by quantum calibrating our brains so we can join the interconnectedness which is tied together by strings vibrating at higher frequencies. The Superstrings will allow us to interact with the cosmos in 10 dimensions, the M strings in 11 dimensions and, when we are ready for the Bosonic strings, we will interact in 26 dimensions. This is the highest vibration of all and reaching it ends the cycle of death and rebirth.

Our conversations with other beings have led to a flowering of hyper-mystical consciousness. Who are we? Where on the great myth will we be recreated? Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the planet via electromagnetic resonance.

And occasionally, like the Huitchul, with Peyote. Lots, and lots of Peyote.
(May 9, 2014 at 12:31 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: [quote='Riketto' pid='667112' dateline='1399643084']
Awareness is very good but a change of system is a lot better.

Quote:Awareness has to come first, though, otherwise we won't know what's got to be changed.

Sure but awareness without a fight is also meaningless.

(May 8, 2014 at 10:54 am)Riketto Wrote: I was reading that 3% of Americans had NDE experiences.
Many of them were atheists.
Now they have no doubt that there is a afterlife and God is there.

Quote:Yes, atheists can have NDE's the same as everyone else. What I'm currently looking for is information about how atheists were effected by their experience. Did all the atheists decide that God and an afterlife are real or did some of them dismiss their experience as a trick of the brain?

My guess is that Atheists that had an NDE experience now they keep very
very quiet.
It is always very hard to admit that we were wrong.

Quote:There's also another question. How common are near death experiences?

I do not have any statistics.
All i can tell you is that these experiences according to me are
given as a learning gift to someone who can change his-her life
for the better atheist or not.
The way i see it is that God knows whether an atheist is just confused
(mental masturbation) or he-she is absolutely determined in refusing
God.
In this case there is no need to help.

Quote:If there really is an afterlife why do very few people get to see it before they're brought back?

As i just said atheists or not there has got to be an opening
in the individual mind so learning is possible.

Quote:I'm not worried about whether there's an afterlife. As far as I'm concerned it's very unlikely but still unknown. After all, nobody on either side of the argument about it has come back from being dead past the point of no return.

That............ being dead past the point of no return.........doesn't make any sense.
When you got an NDE you are dead for real.
Doctors don't study and get more experience for years and years just
not to know whether a chap is dead or not.

Quote:If there's nothing, the people who believe in an afterlife will never know they were wrong. If there is an afterlife, those of us who don't believe in it will get a surprise.

Sure. Smile

(May 9, 2014 at 11:15 am)Chas Wrote: We exist, we vibrate, we are reborn.

Is this the theory or reincarnation or what?
I thought atheists don't believe in this sort of things.

Quote:Interconnectedness is a constant.
Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the cosmos via four-dimensional superstructures.

Very intellectual thought.
In practice what this means? Thinking

Quote:Soon there will be a summoning of synchronicity the likes of which the universe has never seen. Imagine a redefining of what could be. Eons from now, we messengers will believe like never before as we are guided by the dreamscape.

Are you atheist or not?
I thought only religious dogmatics believe in something to happen
for sure but i may be wrong.
This is the aquarian age the age of openness of the mind.

Quote:Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is nature. Rejuvenation is the healing of health, and of us. Health requires exploration.

Rejuvenation will come for sure AS FAR AS WE DO THE EFFORT OF
ACQUIRE THIS BEAUTIFUL THING.
The manna doesn't fall from the sky.

Quote:We are in the midst of a life-affirming redefining of potentiality that will give us access to the universe itself. We are at a crossroads of serenity and discontinuity. Humankind has nothing to lose.

As far as we do the effort everything is possible.

Quote:There is no evidence of a microvitum in any experiment in particle physics.

Physical science will sooner or later learn and discover what is the stuff that make up the smaller particles so far discovered like electron.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007...ccess=true

http://www.superluminalquantum.org/micro...ecphot.pdf
(May 10, 2014 at 7:07 am)Riketto Wrote:
Chas Wrote:There is no evidence of a microvitum in any experiment in particle physics.

Physical science will sooner or later learn and discover what is the stuff that make up the smaller particles so far discovered like electron.

http://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007...ccess=true

Obvious scam is obvious.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(May 10, 2014 at 7:07 am)Riketto Wrote: Sure but awareness without a fight is also meaningless.

The fight comes after awareness of what's got to be changed.

(May 8, 2014 at 10:54 am)Riketto Wrote: I was reading that My guess is that Atheists that had an NDE experience now they keep very
very quiet.

I found a topic on the Thinking Atheist Forum where atheists were wondering about atheists who had an NDE. One poster had an NDE but she put it down to being caused by a dying brain and still doesn't believe in an afterlife.

Unconvinced Atheist's Post

(May 10, 2014 at 7:07 am)Riketto Wrote: That............ being dead past the point of no return.........doesn't make any sense.
When you got an NDE you are dead for real.
Doctors don't study and get more experience for years and years just
not to know whether a chap is dead or not.

Near-Death Experience

Quote:These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or has been very close to death. With recent developments in cardiac resuscitation techniques, the number of reported NDEs has increased.[1]

Clinical Death

Quote:Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, the two necessary criteria to sustain human and many other organisms' lives.[1] It occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm, a condition called cardiac arrest.

Stopped blood circulation has historically proven irreversible in most cases. Prior to the invention of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), defibrillation, epinephrine injection, and other treatments in the 20th century, the absence of blood circulation (and vital functions related to blood circulation) was historically considered the official definition of death. With the advent of these strategies, cardiac arrest came to be called clinical death rather than simply death, to reflect the possibility of post-arrest resuscitation. For medical purposes, it is considered the final physical state before legal death.[citation needed]

At the onset of clinical death, consciousness is lost within several seconds. Measurable brain activity stops within 20 to 40 seconds.[2] Irregular gasping may occur during this early time period, and is sometimes mistaken by rescuers as a sign that CPR is not necessary.[3] During clinical death, all tissues and organs in the body steadily accumulate a type of injury called ischemic injury.

I'm now going to invent Fred X and Charlie X

1: Fred X has a heart attack in hospital which results in him being clinically dead. He gets medical treatment and is brought back to life in a couple of minutes. He reports an NDE but we can't be 100% certain that it's evidence for an afterlife.

2: Charlie X lives alone and doesn't have much of a social life. He has a fatal heart attack but nobody notices he's gone missing for three months. It doesn't matter how much medical treatment the body gets - Charlie X will never be brought back to life. This is what I meant by being dead past the point of no return. Maybe Charlie X is having a wonderful time in an afterlife but he won't be getting back into his body so he can tell everyone what he's been doing over the past three months.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(May 8, 2014 at 10:54 am)Riketto Wrote: I don't think veg. use a great deal of palm oil.

I think you're using far too much palm oil.

Know what I mean? Jerkoff
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The redneck strike again.
(May 10, 2014 at 7:07 am)Riketto Wrote:
(May 9, 2014 at 12:31 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: [quote='Riketto' pid='667112' dateline='1399643084']
Awareness is very good but a change of system is a lot better.

Quote:Awareness has to come first, though, otherwise we won't know what's got to be changed.

Sure but awareness without a fight is also meaningless.

(May 8, 2014 at 10:54 am)Riketto Wrote: I was reading that 3% of Americans had NDE experiences.
Many of them were atheists.
Now they have no doubt that there is a afterlife and God is there.

Quote:Yes, atheists can have NDE's the same as everyone else. What I'm currently looking for is information about how atheists were effected by their experience. Did all the atheists decide that God and an afterlife are real or did some of them dismiss their experience as a trick of the brain?

My guess is that Atheists that had an NDE experience now they keep very
very quiet.

Quote:There's also another question. How common are near death experiences?

I do not have any statistics.
All i can tell you is that these experiences according to me are
given as a learning gift to someone who can change his-her life
for the better atheist or not.
The way i see it is that God knows whether an atheist is just confused
(mental masturbation) or he-she is absolutely determined in refusing
God.
In this case there is no need to help.

Quote:If there really is an afterlife why do very few people get to see it before they're brought back?

As i just said atheists or not there has got to be an opening
in the individual mind so learning is possible.

That's funny, you seem to have missed the multiple times I've mentioned my NDE on this forum, and ignored any of the research into near death experiences that don't say what you want to hear.
(May 10, 2014 at 12:53 pm)Rampant.A.I. Wrote: That's funny, you seem to have missed the multiple times I've mentioned my NDE on this forum, and ignored any of the research into near death experiences that don't say what you want to hear.

I'm not entirely sure who you were talking to here but it could be me. I joined the forum in January 2013, stayed for about three months and then didn't come back until a few weeks ago. This is probably why I missed the times you've mentioned your own NDE. Can you find any posts you made about it because I'd like to read them.

I find the research very interesting, particularly the Being Of Light.

Quote:Interestingly, while the above description of the being of light is utterly invariable, the identification of the being varies from individual to individual and seems to be largely a function of the religious background, training, or beliefs of the person involved. Thus, most of those who are Christians in training or belief identify the light as Christ and sometimes draw Biblical parallels in support of their interpretation. A Jewish man and woman identified the light as an "angel." It was clear, though, in both cases, that the subjects did not mean to imply that the being had wings, played a harp, or even had a human shape or appearance. There was only the light. What each was trying to get across was the they took the being to be an emissary, or a guide. A man who had had no religious beliefs or training at all prior to his experience simply identified what he saw as "a being of light." The same label was used by one lady of the Christian faith, who apparently did not feel any compulsion at all to call the "Christ."

Mellen-Thomas Benedict's Near-Death Experience has an interesting view of this being.

Quote:The light kept changing into different figures, like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, mandalas, archetypal images and signs.

As the light revealed itself to me, I became aware that what I was really seeing was our Higher Self matrix. The only thing I can tell you is that it turned into a matrix, a mandala of human souls, and what I saw was that what we call our Higher Self in each of us is a matrix.

As I asked the light to keep explaining, I understood what the Higher Self matrix is. We have a grid around the planet where all the Higher Selves are connected.

Mandalas, archetypal images and Higher Self made me wonder if his NDE experience had been influenced by Jungian psychology and a misunderstanding of what the collective unconscious is.

Carl Jung's Near Death Experience

Quote:I had seen similar stones on the coast of the Gulf of Bengal. They were blocks of tawny granite, and some of them had been hollowed out into temples. My stone was one such gigantic dark block. An entrance led into a small antechamber. To the right of the entrance, a black Hindu sat silently in lotus posture upon a stone bench. He wore a white gown, and I knew that he expected me. Two steps led up to this antechamber, and inside, on the left, was the gate to the temple. Innumerable tiny niches, each with a saucer-like concavity filled with coconut oil and small burning wicks, surrounded the door with a wreath of bright flames. I had once actually seen this when I visited the Temple of the Holy Tooth at Kandy in Ceylon; the gate had been framed by several rows of burning oil lamps of this sort.

As I approached the steps leading up to the entrance into the rock, a strange thing happened: I had the feeling that everything was being sloughed away; everything I aimed at or wished for or thought, the whole phantasmagoria of earthly existence, fell away or was stripped from me - an extremely painful process. Nevertheless something remained; it was as if I now carried along with me everything I had ever experienced or done, everything that had happened around me. I might also say: it was with me, and I was it. I consisted of all that, so to speak. I consisted of my own history and I felt with great certainty: this is what I am. I am this bundle of what has been and what has been accomplished.

He was all set to enter the temple but got a message saying he had to return to Earth.

Quote:... as he reflected on life after death, Jung recalled the meditating Hindu from his near-death experience and read it as a parable of the archetypal Higher Self, the God-image within. Carl Jung, who founded analytical psychology, centered on the archetypes of the collective unconscious.

The collective unconscious is only collective in the sense that it's the same in everyone. The Self (Higher Self) is like the blueprint for how the brain produces the mind - everyone has one of these blueprints but the blueprints aren't connected in some kind of mystical way.

So what does it all mean? One group of people insists that NDEs prove we continue after death while the other group insists that they don't. The only way of finding out for certain is by dying and staying dead. If there isn't any continuation after death, we won't be aware of it, of course.
(May 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: So what does it all mean? One group of people insists that NDEs prove we continue after death while the other group insists that they don't. The only way of finding out for certain is by dying and staying dead. If there isn't any continuation after death, we won't be aware of it, of course.

You will find that neuroscience will fully explain them. Soon.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(May 10, 2014 at 9:46 pm)Chas Wrote: You will find that neuroscience will fully explain them. Soon.

Neuroscientists and biologists tend to be in the "No they don't" camp. However, on the other side there are some physicists and Robert Lanza.

Quote: American medical doctor, scientist, Chief Scientific Officer of Advanced Cell Technology[1] and Adjunct Professor at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine.

Quantum physicists say there is life after death

Quote:It is all in the power of the mind or “biocentrism.” Prof. Lanza noted that even the behavior of a particle can be “altered by a person’s perception of it.” In the same way, life exists after death as well. This would also account for one’s belief in heaven or hell and a person’s expectation of same.

When we die, he said, our life becomes a “perennial flower that returns to bloom in the multi-verse. Life is an adventure that transcends our ordinary linear way of thinking.” When we die, he noted, “we do so not in the random billiard-ball-matrix but in the inescapable-life-matrix.”

Not that any of this matters if our universe is only a computer simulation. Tongue

Do We Live in the Matrix?

Quote:Tests could reveal whether we are part of a giant computer simulation — but the real question is if we want to know...

Anyway, back to reality, whatever that is. Tongue I'm far more interested in what people experience during an NDE because it seems to be related to why humans, as a species, ended up with religious belief.
(May 10, 2014 at 12:35 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 8, 2014 at 10:54 am)Riketto Wrote: I don't think veg. use a great deal of palm oil.

I think you're using far too much palm oil.
Know what I mean? Jerkoff

You remember few weeks ago when the cops brought you
in the mental unit after they caught you walking naked in
the shopping center?
We had to sedate you and put you in a straitjacket.
Despite all this you kept on screaming......I AM NOT A BOY,
I AM NOT A BOY.....DON'T CALL ME BOY.
After few days in the mental unit the doctors wouldn't
still let you go but i convince them to let you go.
This is the way to thank me after i got you out of trouble? Confusedhock:

(May 10, 2014 at 9:46 pm)Chas Wrote:
(May 10, 2014 at 4:45 pm)Confused Ape Wrote: So what does it all mean? One group of people insists that NDEs prove we continue after death while the other group insists that they don't. The only way of finding out for certain is by dying and staying dead. If there isn't any continuation after death, we won't be aware of it, of course.

You will find that neuroscience will fully explain them. Soon.

Sure.
Soon in the next 4000 years maybe.
Put in this way.
So far after maybe a million year that human being
exist physical science has discovered about 2 or 3%
of the total science.
If we let to statistics it may take an other 40000 years
before all physical science is discovered.
But i can help with this.
We got a phenomenon called THE AVALANCHE EFFECT.
In the beginning the avalanche move very
very slow but as it take speed the movement is faster
and faster so instead of taking 40000 years it may only
take 400 years.
This is about physical science.
If we talk about intuitional science or the science
non physical like the knowledge about consciousness
then it will be a different story as physical science is not
able in any way to understand what is outside his borders.
Your idea that neuroscience will be able to understand
what is outside her border like consciousness is nothing
else but a mental masturbation.
Have a merry Christmas (in advance) anyway Chas.

Here a bit of understanding about consciousness
from different sources (pro and con).
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/research08.html

(May 11, 2014 at 7:34 am)Confused Ape Wrote: Anyway, back to reality, whatever that is. Tongue I'm far more interested in what people experience during an NDE because it seems to be related to why humans, as a species, ended up with religious belief.

Uhm, somebody told you that NDE experience are confined
to religious experiences? Thinking
I didn't know that God give religious experiences! Confused Fall