Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!!
RE: Get In The Ark Before It Is Too Late!!!
(June 14, 2014 at 9:53 am)Revelation777 Wrote:
(June 13, 2014 at 9:26 am)Stimbo Wrote: Crucifixes: good against vampires and Jesus. That's what I call value for money.

Jesus willfully went to the cross for our sake. Vampires are make believe.

100% pure unadulterated doublethink, in the finest Orwellian sense!

Rev, you truly are the gift that keeps on giving! Ever thought of doing standup?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 14, 2014 at 9:41 am)Revelation777 Wrote: No you are not correct sir. The flood took place, even there are those who reject the Noah account accept the fact that there was a world-wide flood.

You know what any flood, global or otherwise, would leave behind? I'll give you a clue: it starts with ”e”. And ends with "vidence".

You know what there isn't for your flood? Want another clue?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Correction mine:

(June 14, 2014 at 9:36 am)Revelation777 Wrote: Maybe Arnie should of have said, "GET IN THE ARK! DO IT NOW!"

Yep, that's the joke - well done!
(June 13, 2014 at 9:12 am)Bad Wolf Wrote:
(June 12, 2014 at 11:54 pm)Revelation777 Wrote: God never lies, it in not in His Character to lie. God is love. Jesus is the Way, THE TRUTH, and the Life. Satan has been wicked from when pride was found in his heart.

Kim jun un never lies, it is not in his character to lie. We know this because Kim jun un tells us this. Kim jun un is love. North Korea is best Korea. The western world is wicked from the pride found in its heart.

Rev, i'm going to ask a few questions and i woud prefer you answer them. To be clear a question will end with this symbol '?'.

Does Kim jun un always tell the truth?

Is Kim jun un good?

How do you know?

Kim Jun doesn't always tell the truth because he is a man. Kim jun is not inherently good because he is a man. I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth. God is good and man is a sinner. If you were comparing man to man then your questions apply. You can't compare God to man in character.
Wandering Jew? and Failed Apocalypse
Like many before and after him Jesus preached immediate apocalypse:

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily, I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." Mathew 24:33-34 KJV

"So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I way unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. " Luke 21:31-32 KJV

The end did not come within a generation. Christian apologetics have been trying to explain that ever since. I have a plant in my yard called "The Wandering Jew" which is named after a very old apologetic for this statement. The idea is that there is still an unconverted Jew left living from Jesus' generation (it's a miracle) and until that poor wandering man dies, the apocalypse won't happen.

A more modern approach is to simply say that this generation means all of humanity---um, like Jesus didn't know the difference between a generation of people and humankind as a whole.

I don't find either very convincing. Certainly Paul, didn't hear it that way. He too thought the end was nigh.

So, since the prophesy failed roughly 2000 years ago, I can't say I give it much credence today. Why would anyone who actually reads The Bible instead of cherry picking it for current Christian dogma?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(June 14, 2014 at 11:13 am)Revelation777 Wrote: Kim Jun doesn't always tell the truth because he is a man. Kim jun is not inherently good because he is a man. I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth. God is good and man is a sinner. If you were comparing man to man then your questions apply. You can't compare God to man in character.

So you're just never going to let go of your presuppositions, even for the sake of an argument? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 14, 2014 at 11:13 am)Revelation777 Wrote: I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth. God is good and man is a sinner.

What never ceases to amaze me is that theists willingly overlook god's obvious psychotic and tyrannical nature to view him as their omni-benevolent father merely because he is their creator. An honest, critical, open-minded, and properly unbiased interpreation reveals god to be nothing more than a reflection of an obviously corrupt, fallible man.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 14, 2014 at 11:13 am)Revelation777 Wrote: I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth.

So you don't worship a god. You worship a book.
(June 14, 2014 at 11:28 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(June 14, 2014 at 11:13 am)Revelation777 Wrote: I know because the Bible tells us so. Bible tells us that man is a liar and God is Truth.

And Wycliffe wrote the book.
(June 14, 2014 at 11:28 am)Stimbo Wrote:

Exactly. Wasn't there something about idolatry being a sin?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1359 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Aiders of the Lost Ark LinuxGal 1 758 November 26, 2022 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Thumbs Down The story of Noah' s Ark - or - God is dumber than you. onlinebiker 75 7389 September 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2727 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1571 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A question about the crew and passengers on the Ark. Gawdzilla Sama 68 7146 September 16, 2018 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jesus. A Day Late and a Dollar Short Minimalist 20 4433 April 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Questions about noah ark king krish 210 48672 April 8, 2017 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 5181 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  There is still time to covert to Christianity before Christmas! Loading Please Wait 12 3270 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker