Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 12:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April Fools
April Fools
I just thought I'd say a massive thank you to everyone involved in the April Fools stunt this year, whether it was direct or indirect involvement.

Back in February the staff started discussing potential pranks. These ranged from redirecting people to a Christian video upon entry, to having the staff become conspiracy theorists for the day. One suggestion was to make a script that would change everyone's name to fr0d0, except for fr0d0 (whose name would change to mine).

A vote was taken of all potential ideas, and by far the most popular was to change the entire site to "Christian Forums" for the day, complete with a suitably tacky banner, renamed forums, and randomly generated denominations replacing the standard "Religious Views". The cherry on the top was the promotion of fr0d0 (unbeknownst to him) to a position of Administrator, whilst the rest of us heathens were demoted to regular users. fr0d0 played his part magnificently, as did those who realised the joke and started posting "as christians".

For those who didn't see the prank, here is a screenshot:

Thanks once again Wink

-Adrian
RE: April Fools
That was truely brilliant Adrian and I'm sure everyone loved it Big Grin

I almost choked on my coffee when I saw my denomination at the time was "Catholic". Lol!

Great work! Great
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Awesome work everyone.. that was just the best Big Grin

Worship (large)Worship (large)Worship (large)Worship (large)Worship (large)

It highlighted the need for training in fake Christendom I felt Smile

The name change idea was amazingly great too. Wow that would've messed up some heads! Smile
I first saw it and thought somebody changed my links to a diferent website as the prank...

Looking at jesus at the top of the page did get old though.

Perhaps we can keep the christian forums as an alternative theme, kind of like the stealth theme.

Worship (large) <-- Suposedly is a bow but looks like an insane person trying to fly.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

I kinda like being the pope. I think I'll keep it around a whileSmile
binnyCoffee
Please do Binny, it's hilarious.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Personally, I'd like to see everyone's user IDs paired with the appropriate avatar shuffled around for new posts given on next April Fools.
Tis a great Avatar and tag line Binny Smile
It was a bit humorous, but at least it only lasted 2 days Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I missed this great April Fools :

[Image: monolith_action_figure_main.jpg]

Source : http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/monoli...Monolith_2

Quote:We believe, based on our tests (including pH, electromagnetic, and taste) these Monolith Action Figures will eventually cause other action figures to evolve. We're not sure if that means gaining better accessories and articulation, or becoming sentient.

Monolith Action Figure
  • Properly proportioned to those in the movies 2001 and 2010 (1:4:9 - the squares of the first 3 integers).
  • Made of semisynthetic, organic, amorphous, solid materials (AKA plastic).
  • Zero (0) points of articulation.
  • May cause strange magnetic fields, action figure evolution, seeing things filled with stars, and/or more (or it might just sit on your desk doing nothing).
Dimensions: .75" x 3" x 6.75"

LOL Big Grin

<edit>

They do a few of these : I saw the Dharma Initiative clock somewhere online and thought that was genuine!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Fools 2013 Tiberius 13 6641 April 2, 2013 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  You All Got Trolled...or "The Greatest April Fool of All Time" Tiberius 167 59298 April 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused