Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 13, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fucking Cops: Volume II
RE: Fucking Cops: Volume II
(July 11, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I don't believe in coincidences.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/man-who-...d-battery/

Quote:Man who first posted Alton Sterling video online arrested on ‘bogus’ charges of assault and battery

Scum.

Hmmm.... I'm with you on most of these, but I don't know about this one. He was arrested and he was ultimately charged with unpaid parking tickets which he apparently did in fact have. He claims that when police first arrested him they did so because he fit the description of an assault and battery suspect.  But the only evidence of this is his own claim. No video of the event, no audio, no outside witness. 

I'm not saying I think its at all a coincidence that police would show up to arrest a guy with a shit ton of unpaid parking tickets after that same individual posted a video online that brought them lots of bad press. 

But I am saying that in this day and age I'm generally quick to say video or it never happened. Not saying he's lying. Not saying he's telling the truth. Just saying that without a witness or evidence, I honestly can't know either way.
Quote:He claims that when police first arrested him they did so because he fit the description of an assault and battery suspect.  But the only evidence of this is his own claim. No video of the event, no audio, no outside witness.

I have to say at this point I don't believe a fucking word the cops say.  The legal principle is cui bono - "who gains."  And the cops gain from their own lies.
Yeah, that's the difference I guess. I don't believe a word ANYONE says. Getting arrested for unpaid parking tickets after getting yourself in the national spotlight for posting a video of cops doing bad stuff would be, in a word, embarrassing for most people. But if the cops arrested you on a bullshit assault charge and then changed their story later to the unpaid parking tickets you actually had... Well you have to admit, it does soften the blow a bit and serve to detract somewhat from what would otherwise be a fairly embarrassing event.

Show me some evidence or bring an outside unbiased witness and I'm there. But lacking that, I left with I don't know and therefore  have my doubts. Cops aren't the only ones who know how to lie.
Perhaps coincidentally.... if you believe in coincidences...the guy who filmed Eric Garner being choked to death in Staten Island by a gang of cops was also arrested.

My guess is that they are trying to send a message.
(September 24, 2015 at 6:15 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Somehow I'm not surprised that people are being charged for being put in a cage.

Great idea!  Criminals should absolutely be charged for their room and board if they have the income.  Why should the taxpayers pay for it?  In fact, we should make pay them the rent for the law-abiding citizens who they hurt.
Because the taxpayers are insisting that human beings be caged..........?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it costs money to cage a human being and if were doing it for your (our) benefit then we should be the ones that foot that bill. Charging someone for the "privilege" of incarceration is a bit much, I think....don't you? Making other people pay for the things that we choose to do to them is called extortion...and we put people in prison for that..so.......
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 15, 2016 at 9:56 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Because the taxpayers are insisting that human beings be caged..........?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it costs money to cage a human being and if were doing it for your (our) benefit then we should be the ones that foot that bill.  Charging someone for the "privilege" of incarceration is a bit much, I think....don't you?  Making other people pay for the things that we choose to do to them is called extortion...and we put people in prison for that..so.......

They are being punished for a crime, say, murder or rape. So we shouldn't charge them rent because we are forcing them to live in a cell?
Are you so sure about that?  Maybe they are just being punished for being poor and black?

Or are you okay with that?
(July 15, 2016 at 11:44 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Are you so sure about that?  Maybe they are just being punished for being poor and black?

Or are you okay with that?

You know the answer to that Mini. I'm talking about convicted criminals paying rent for their cells and you're changing the subject.
(July 15, 2016 at 10:52 pm)Lek Wrote: They are being punished for a crime, say, murder or rape.  So we shouldn't charge them rent because we are forcing them to live in a cell?

Right. Whats difficult to grasp there...we're considering charging them for what we want, and what we force them to do. I think that you might be a bit peeved if it were you. I don;t have to like what they;ve done in order to realize that whats being done -to- them is not for their benefit or for any choice they've made...but for mine.

I'm willing to pay for what I want.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1877 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 670 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 674 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 787 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Fucking Conservatards Are Just As Bad As The Fucking Catholicks Minimalist 2 693 December 24, 2017 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Divinity
  They're All Fucking Crooks Minimalist 2 809 November 6, 2017 at 2:39 am
Last Post: GUBU
  The Health Insurance That The Republicunts Think Is So Fucking Great Minimalist 7 1732 October 18, 2017 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Fucking Courts Are As Bad As The Fucking Cops Minimalist 10 1614 October 12, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What a Fucking Loon. Minimalist 13 2008 October 11, 2017 at 6:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Senator Alexander Shits On The WLB's Fucking Budget Minimalist 6 1814 September 13, 2017 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus