Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....
Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....
And yet again, because of the NRA's "Guns for everyone and guns everywhere" 2 more law enforcement dead, 4 shot, this time Michigan. The NRA needs to make up their minds, are they anti government "gotta prevent government tyranny" or are they really for supporting law enforcement? The logic doesn't seem to be working out well for them. They want a paranoid society to keep government in check, but they also want a paranoid police force to protect you from paranoid people with guns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-cou...g-officer/

And of course Trump pumped out the tired cliche "Thoughts and prayers".
RE: Gun death becoming like diarrhea SERIOUS....
I caught just a bit of a news report on this when I was home for lunch. Perhaps I misheard, but I thought the shooter was being transferred within the courthouse and somehow got hold of an officer's weapon and opened fire.
(July 11, 2016 at 5:24 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I caught just a bit of a news report on this when I was home for lunch. Perhaps I misheard, but I thought the shooter was being transferred within the courthouse and somehow got hold of an officer's weapon and opened fire.

Who cares how it happened, just had an idiot say "It was a gun free zone"..... It's a fucking court house, of course it should be gun free. 

If every civilian has a gun in a courthouse how can the officers tell if someone might have an angry family member sitting in the gallery ready to pop the judge or a lawyer or even a victim's family member popping the accused or convicted?

My bet this that this happened because of a security flaw or lack of good procedure.  I am quite sure, at least with that particular location, because of this unfortunate event, measures will be taken so that it doesn't happen again, be it more staff, better restraints or different protocol. 

But no, I don't want to be in a courtroom full of guns outside the security having them.
It's not a "gun free zone."  The bailiffs are armed.  This is more along the lines of what happens when the 'good guy' with the gun is nowhere near good enough and the bad guy takes it away from him.

People can be good without being terribly competent.
(July 11, 2016 at 6:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's not a "gun free zone."  The bailiffs are armed.  This is more along the lines of what happens when the 'good guy' with the gun is nowhere near good enough and the bad guy takes it away from him.

People can be good without being terribly competent.

Yes, the baiiffs are armed. That is their job. And what fixes that is better training, more staff, better restrains and better procedure, not civilians having guns.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1551 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  THE Gun Thread onlinebiker 1251 110038 August 19, 2022 at 8:25 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 3705 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1066 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2466 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9512 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1583 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1165 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 3602 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11716 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am