Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL 2016 Pick'em League!
RE: NFL 2016 Pick'em League!
Wisdom of the crowd picks for week 12:

Lions
Cowboys
Steelers
Titans
Bills
Ravens
Falcons
Giants
Saints
Dolphins
Texans
Seahawks
Patriots
Raiders
Broncos
Eagles
Fucking Redskins! Damn Jay Gruden called for that first onsides when we were only down by 5 with plenty of time on the clock, and why the two point conversion again, when we had plenty of time?

All the sports pundits are talking about how Cousins has been putting up great numbers, but again, what good does that do if you don't have more points at the end of the game?
The math worked for the two point conversion, but I thought it was a bit early. As far as the onside kick, he had to try something; no confidence in the ability to stop Dallas.
Stillers win, 28-7.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(November 24, 2016 at 11:38 pm)Cato Wrote: The math worked for the two point conversion, but I thought it was a bit early. As far as the onside kick, he had to try something; no confidence in the ability to stop Dallas.

I have always hated the 2 point conversion. High risk low yield. I only see that as a necessity late in the first half or late in the 4th quarter or an early blowout. 

Not just Dallas, they pulled that crap last Sunday with the Packers. 

We had time left after the touchdown so it made no sense to me to kick the first onsides.
(November 25, 2016 at 1:05 am)Brian37 Wrote: We had time left after the touchdown so it made no sense to me to kick the first onsides.

I understood your reasoning, but this is predicated on their ability to quickly get the ball back which was an unreasonable assumption given the inability to stop the Dallas offense. Even Washington marched down the field at will. The difference is that Dallas was getting into the end zone and Washington had to settle for field goals; including two failed attempts.

I actually thought the 'early' onside kick was a good call considering the flow of the game at that point. The element of surprise in that situation increases chances, it just didn't work out.
How the hell are you supposed to foster confidence on all sides of the ball if you make stupid calls like that? This isn't about Dallas, this is about the same crap of the Skins not firing on all cylinders year after year after year.

I disagree. That first onsides was boneheaded and showed our desperation. I hate all trick plays, they rarely work and most of the time are done in desperation. It isn't a matter of working or not working, it is a matter of having a balanced team in every game so you dont have to resort to them.
Derek Carr leaves game with hand injury.

ETA: Apparently he's coming back in.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Holy shit! After weeks of mediocrity I'm actually going to beat TWOC.

ETA:
New rule for picking. Wait 'til the last minute and rush through throwing crap at the wall in hopes it'll stick.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 27, 2016 at 8:35 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Holy shit! After weeks of mediocrity I'm actually going to beat TWOC.

ETA:
New rule for picking. Wait 'til the last minute and rush through throwing crap at the wall in hopes it'll stick.

It is a crap shoot ultimately. I was dominating up until week 8 I think, then slowly the wheels feel off and only had a good week last week and went from 2 to 6. My mom was at the low end at the beginning of the season but I think should still be at number 2. Still a few weeks left so anything could happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That Unofficial NFL Thread Brian37 158 9181 March 11, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Any Premier League Hooligans Here? Nanny 3 544 August 10, 2023 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  How could I miss this rule for 55 years in the NFL? Brian37 14 1731 December 1, 2021 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  CFL VS NFL..... Brian37 28 3066 August 28, 2021 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Anyone watching the NFL draft? Brian37 11 1211 May 2, 2021 at 4:50 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  NFL Pro Bowl Brian37 0 280 January 31, 2021 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  NFL and Covid....... Cam Newton..... Brian37 2 453 October 3, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  NFL triva..... Brian37 2 353 September 29, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NFL's Tom Dempsey latest victim of virus. Brian37 3 790 April 5, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Athene
  NFL may be headed to player negotiation. Brian37 9 1055 August 15, 2019 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4