Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reason and fl studio
RE: reason and fl studio
(October 10, 2016 at 12:17 am)bennyboy Wrote: I have a friend who has the Komplete full set (the $1000), but I realized. . . just figuring out what you even HAVE would take weeks of hard work, and then how many are you every really going to use?
I don't think I'd use everything in the full Komplete package but I use bunch of Native Instruments stuff regularly.

Massive is good for synth bass and pad stuff. Some good synth leads stuff in it too. I used FM8 often for FM stuff. Lots of good general synth textures in it too. And Absynth is useful for when I need harder edged/industrial sound aggressive textures, and also for sounds with lots of movement/development. So I use those all the time, but far and away I could not live without Kontakt. My Kontakt library is huge and something from it gets used on almost every project.
(October 10, 2016 at 12:04 pm)johan Wrote:
(October 10, 2016 at 12:17 am)bennyboy Wrote: I have a friend who has the Komplete full set (the $1000), but I realized. . . just figuring out what you even HAVE would take weeks of hard work, and then how many are you every really going to use?
I don't think I'd use everything in the full Komplete package but I use bunch of Native Instruments stuff regularly.

Massive is good for synth bass and pad stuff. Some good synth leads stuff in it too. I used FM8 often for FM stuff. Lots of good general synth textures in it too. And Absynth is useful for when I need harder edged/industrial sound aggressive textures, and also for sounds with lots of movement/development. So I use those all the time, but far and away I could not live without Kontakt. My Kontakt library is huge and something from it gets used on almost every project.

Yeah.  You could probably spend all your free money on nothing but new libraries for Kontakt.  Some of the orchestral ones make me drool.
I managed to finally get everything I wanted.  And with the help of some youtube tutorials I now have a pretty good dubstep template.

I decided to make a template because it will save me time recreating these specific sounds in the synths each time I want to make a song and getting the drums right each time, I think it makes sense to have a basic template and some sounds to work with and tweak to give some variation.

All it took was a full day of painfully trying to get programs to work and to get paypal to work and phoning my bank up and explaining to them that fraudulent activity isn't the reason why I accidentally purchased the same thing 5 times.

It seems to be all sorted.

I'll post my first tune up when it gets done.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Just an update.  I'm getting in deep with FL studio now.  No way I could start again and learn reason at this stage so looks like I've picked my program.

At the moment I'm like a baby in this program.  Just learning by copying precisely what they're doing on these dubstep tutorials.

I've found some RIDICULOUSLY detailed ones by what looks to be some realllllly talented people.  Just by copying what they show day by day for a few hours I've learned a hell of a lot about this program.

My plan of action is to basically copy these tutorials, tweak around with them try and get my own sound.  Make some horror themed, dark, fucked up dubstep.

I'd like to move onto drum n bass at some point too.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cyborg Roach For Some Reason stonedape 3 1103 November 8, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: stonedape