Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is going on in the Artic?
What the hell is going on in the Artic?
Data fluke?  Error?  Judge for yourself:

[Image: N_stddev_timeseries.png]

Or, is the Earth going to undergo a major climate shift here soon?  Time will tell, I suppose.
RE: What the hell is going on in the Artic?
GLobal warming is going on son
Planet death?
North Pole above freezing in sign of 'sudden' and 'very serious' climate change

Quote:Temperatures near the North Pole have risen above freezing in the latest sign of the “sudden” and “very serious” changes to the Earth’s climate.

The US Weather Channel reported that at least five buoys near the pole had recorded temperatures between zero and 1.2C on Tuesday this week.

At the same time, parts of central Russia have seen temperatures of -40C.

Quote:It was, he said, the result of a “sudden” change in the jet stream – high altitude winds that circle the globe and have a major effect on the weather.

“When the sea ice retreated in the Arctic Ocean, in summer it led to much warmer air over the Arctic,” Professor Wadhams said.

“That reduced the temperature difference between the Arctic and the tropics and that caused the jet stream to slow down and adopt these big lobes.
99% of scientists ......blah , blah , blah!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(November 20, 2016 at 11:47 am)Whateverist Wrote: Planet death?

Yeah, it makes me wonder if the climate is not like a rubber band that will someday "snap".
Preparation for the flood
"Let's dial back to single cell critters and let them take another run at this, shall we?"
(November 20, 2016 at 11:51 am)chimp3 Wrote: 99% of scientists ......blah , blah , blah!
If you had a 99% chance of dying on the Interstate today would you plan your route carefully?
What's going on is a Chinese hoax. The next president of the US has said so, therefore it must be true.

You may now run shrieking into the abyss.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How low will it go? (The Artic Sea ice, that is..) Jehanne 3 469 February 11, 2018 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone going to the March for Science in D.C.? Mudhammam 6 962 February 25, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Thinking of going back to school... Ravenshire 15 3105 July 4, 2014 at 10:59 am
Last Post: eyemixer
  We're Finally Going to Confirm It... thesummerqueen 11 2411 October 23, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Violet