Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So beautiful. And so he loves beauty too.
RE: So beautiful. And so he loves beauty too.
(December 24, 2016 at 8:04 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I noticed that theist take such Grand objectives, that pretty soon their agony get so strong, that trying to "fuck" the minds of other people becomes one of the few joys they have left.

Atlas, if you decided to "fuck" your mind in order to get to heaven, do so if you wish, but could you keep this acidic shit to yourself?

I personally, don't see a point in this voluntary, light "self-inflicted mind torture with the fear of hell". You say "You will go to heaven! If you endure!". I say "Fuck this divine business".

Your fucking 'god' is no different than his dumb shit. Don't get uppity.
(December 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The Quran is the last holy book sent down from the one God, to define the above sin of separating the one into many; or "Shirk" in Arabic.
What it means to be heathen, and so did many believed in Shirk.
Tell it to the Sikhs.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(December 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: The Quran is the last holy book sent down from the one God, ...

Tell it to the Mormons. Read
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(Springy G shuffles papers on desk, displacing 3 tennis balls, a flashlight and a USB cable)  Got a holy book *I* wrote somewhere around here... Big Grin
(December 24, 2016 at 7:29 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Our friend has dropped a metric shit-tonne of unfounded assertions, as usual, but this little nugget is pure gold:

(December 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: He is not an invasion force that wants to enslave you; instead think about gravity for example: if you disobey the gravitational force you perish.

Since nobody in the history of humanity has ever "disobeyed the gravitational force", this is an absurdly nonsensical statement. Physical laws are descriptive, not proscriptive. They are not laws that you can break; there's no interdimensional police force coming to slap a fine on your arse.

Stim, not bad. Still not as good as my sig though...
Atlas' posts should be read strictly as entertainment as I discovered long ago.
The guy is not well. Then again, neither is MK and I like him too... Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Consider this: Allah actually prevented millions of people from receiving truth. How? Well, all those topical diseases present in Africa (which the creator created, of course) prevented the various caliphates (and Europeans) from exploring the interior of the continent (specifically sub-Saharan Africa), until effective medicines were found. That means the following:

1. Many Da'i died from topical diseases that they became ill with whilst trying to do Dawah in Africa.

2. For hundreds of years the Ummah was prevented from doing Dawah and relaying "the truth" to millions of people. That means that the Thawab of many Da'i not increasing as much as it could. So even if we assume that people who have not had a chance to hear "the truth" will not go to the hellfire, people are getting less reward because the pyramid scheme started by Muhammad is not growing!

3. All those Da'is dying will have effected people's Iman.

Plus, it was the Europeans who "discovered" the Americas, not the caliphate. So because the Europeans arrived first, that's millions more people who stayed in an jahiliyyah - to this very day. You'd think Allah would want to make it easy for people to hear "the truth" right?

(December 24, 2016 at 5:38 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(December 23, 2016 at 11:16 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Islam is an ancient religion that proved consistent in every culture around the world. In modern times we call it "Monotheism", surrendering to the single God dictated by the definition of Monotheism is exactly what the word "Islam means".

Islam is a relatively recent religion starting in the seventh century much after than all the other Abrahamic faiths and much much later than religions that can be considered ancient. Islam is more like Mormonism or scientology it started recently as a cult and spread, mainly by slaughter.

The religion claims otherwise, though. What I'm trying to do, is to go through comparisons to prove that Islam is nothing but a version, monotheism as an idea is the main belief.

Islam states, that monotheism was always present in the human mind under different names. It can be seen in this verse:

Sura 23
( 43 )   No nation will precede its time [of termination], nor will they remain [thereafter].
( 44 )   Then We sent Our messengers in succession. Every time there came to a nation its messenger, they denied him, so We made them follow one another [to destruction], and We made them narrations. So away with a people who do not believe.
( 45 )   Then We sent Moses and his brother Aaron with Our signs and a clear authority
( 46 )   To Pharaoh and his establishment, but they were arrogant and were a haughty people.

An explicit mention that messengers from across the globe, came telling their people about this religion. All had different versions to suit their reality and environmental factors.

Though, it's wicked humans who thought that different versions mean "personal property"; and took the faith to be a "nationalistic cultural pride thing".
So you get Catholic Nazi Gerrmany, Islamic Sunni Saudi Arabia, Islamic Shiite Iran...so on and so forth.

robvalue

Humans as a whole are violent, cruel and hideously violent.
Ever read this list?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_me...of_torture 

Or. you're claiming that these violent acts came with Islam? most -if not all- torture methods in the list above -which is pretty much every way of organized torture-are found and commited by non Muslim lines of thinking; when you speak about violence my mind jumps to this immediately.

It makes me wonder: is giving your people a reason to fight huge empires -that do torture, kill & impale BTW-, is giving your people means of resisting outer invasions like the Roman and the Persian invasions, teaching your people to carve their names in the walls of history, teaching them the art of peace that they didn't even know about, is that violence?

So, Everybody gets to torture, then throw a bag of gold to silence the masses, but Middle Eastern people don't get Islam?

That, if we assumed Mohammed peace be upon him, is a liar. Though, I believe a total different thing. This prophet was sent from God, following the footsteps of Jesus peace be upon him, and Moses peace be upon him, up to Noah; peace be upon him too.

I want to speak about morals though. Yes; Middle Eastern people have one of the most violent cultures in human history. Note rob: one.
European culture produced a world war that took the lives of 50 Million people.

That's why racism is bad. We are all humans. If you take a bird eye view; humans without morals are the real violent folks.

If you want to stop violence; prevent death and pain. and human stupidity that makes them wave swords in battle for 'glory' and 'fake Gods' or 'the fake God'. Not ban Islam. Islam is not the problem. Humans are.

purplepurpose

No no no; I "believe" because:

1-Humans make me feel sick
2-This life ends so quickly 
3-Always "More, more, more". I'm so thirsty. I need more
4-The agony of enduring the steps of living a short life -that in it, you watch your loved ones fade away-.
5-It's the utter truth.

Keeping this to myself, is like having the youth pill but you hide it.
About torture. I was born with Multiple Sclerosis.

chimp3

I hate monkeys; but personally I would be submissive to the truth; or else I'll get chopped by lies and illusion.

Being a man -or a woman Big Grin-, is learning how to look truth in the face, and therefore be submissive to it.
Go ahead and be submissive in front of illusion.

Chad32

Just like laptops; a different version every year.

Mr Greene

Surrender to him; not me. I don't want you to surrender to me; actually I'll be a mad dictator if I do so.
Remember: only humans can be dictators. God is not human.

Tonus

That's only your lunges. What about your mind and logic? they need to surrender too.

Stimbo

The slap does come; and it usually causes death or hideous mutations, sometimes  the slap causes both.

Manipulation of laws or personal traits to avoid or resist the slaps is what science is. 
Though, knowledge tells us one thing: laws exist long before we came, or had the  knowledge to overcome or resist them. 

Thinking of how or when, or what the slaps are actually are, is also a big part of science. Calculating and measuring the amount of air an astronaut needs is one way going over the slap that is: suffocation due to existing the simulation grounds. it's the price you pay for challenging that law.
LastPoet

Astrega
Seeing the common pattern that is unified across the creations is the key. Things must be made; in nature itself there must be a source.
Until you reach the big bang.
Now, If you cross to before; you are entering a realm that is not even known by science.
I will tell you: God made the function called the universe; supplied it with the arguments that is fate; its creation was through a big bang.
That's what I understood from the Quran.
About him though; the idea of monotheism is that he is the creator of all. There is no others.
(December 25, 2016 at 9:12 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: I will tell you: God made the function called the universe; supplied it with the arguments that is fate; its creation was through a big bang.
That's what I understood from the Quran.
About him though; the idea of monotheism is that he is the creator of all. There is no others.

I don't believe you.

At all.

I think that your god is a fiction, and that the universe is 100% of natural origin with no sentient designer.

If you did manage to prove that there was a sentient designer, though, the very next thing I would ask you is "So where did the designer come from?"  You can't just say "Well, the designer was always there, for eternity."  IMO, an entity capable of complex thought is much more unlikely than relatively disorganized matter/energy, so I think it more likely that matter/energy is eternal and gods were created from it, not the other way around.
(December 25, 2016 at 9:12 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Tonus

That's only your lunges. What about your mind and logic? they need to surrender too.

So... when you said that I surrender with every breath, you were only referring to my lungs? Do my eyelids surrender with every blink? Does my rectum surrender with every bowel movement? If the latter is true, would you say that surrendering to God is easier after a particularly spicy meal?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Errrr.....

Did you mean to refer to me above Atlas? You appear to be having a conversation with yourself.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5330 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 6857 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too Minimalist 49 6636 June 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  What the hell happened too these people. dyresand 18 5115 March 18, 2015 at 3:41 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Everybody loves Islam -- German edition mralstoner 44 8853 March 16, 2015 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: GermanAtheist
  Islam is too aggressive.. lifesagift 10 2277 December 17, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jasmine Loves Children, Magic & Freedom (This Prompts Muslim OutRage) EgoRaptor 60 11996 December 17, 2013 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  Flying Imams Have Rights, too! Emma_Hates_Islam 3 2456 December 25, 2011 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  God's (Allah) house is too small, people in a huge house. Koldaramor 25 12381 July 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye