Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God Perfact? How?
RE: Is God Perfact? How?
(January 5, 2017 at 11:44 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: I think I speak for a lot of people when I say:

Fuck off Drich Tongue

How do people earn a resounding fuck off without breaking any rules?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 4, 2017 at 1:08 pm)Astonished Wrote: Rik, let me just ask you since you're such an authority on all things god, where did you come by this intimate and infallible knowledge of god if not in some man-made holy book?

When I was young my parents force me to follow religion with all the evil and hell involved if you don't follow.
That make me quite sick in the head.
As soon as I grew up and free from forced religion I started question within my mind what make sense and what doesn't however I let the possibility that God may be there.
After sometime an unknown force lead me to know God and the way to reach that mysterious entity.
The old saying is quite valid.
It goes............ when the student is ready, the teacher will appear...........
Everybody can know God.
The basic requirement however is to let the mind open to all possibilities.
There is no big secret.  Lightbulb
(January 5, 2017 at 11:12 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 5, 2017 at 10:49 am)Drich Wrote: So?
Where is it written that jealousy is wrong?

God is alpha and omega the first and the last authority. Meaning before anything else God is what He wants to be. That is true omnipotence.

All God did was take his 'shield off of Job.' Satan could have blessed Job further/bought Him off or treated him better than God did. But rather Satan decided to wreck Job's life. So what are you really angry at? As none of what God did for Job was owed to Job. Like wise the removal of God's shield and blessings was not a wrong doing.

4. He doesn’t keep his promises. Joshua 17:18, “But the mountain shall be thine; for it is a wood, and thou shalt cut it down: and the outgoings of it shall be thine: for thou shalt drive out the Canaanites, though they have iron chariots, and though they be strong.” But in Judges 1:19, “And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.”
word search theology... Note you had to take passages set hundreds of years apart andtape them together to find an objection. The book of Joshua is about dividing up or when the Jews first came to the promise land. Lets look at a contextual passage in a dialect we both can read:
16 The people of Joseph said, “It is true that the hill country of Ephraim is not large enough for us. But the Canaanites living there have powerful weapons—they have iron chariots! And they control Jezreel Valley, Beth Shean, and all the small towns in that area.”

17 Then Joshua said to the people of Joseph, the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, “You have many people and you are very strong, so you should get more than one share of the land. 18 You will take these mountains. It is a forest, but you can cut down the trees and make it a good place to live. You can take it from the Canaanites and force them to leave. You can defeat them, even if they are strong and have iron chariots.”

Did you see it? the tribe of EPh/Mana rejected the valley country and Joseph told them they could take and hols the mountainous Forrest as no chariots could be used there, and that is what they did. Then hundreds of years later when Israel began to rebel against God and began to worship false God do you find the opening failure with chariots.. The book of Judges is about the defeats and destruction of israel via the 'judges' God sents to bring them back into the fold.
who say that was a minor offense? someone without the benefit of perspective?

Again, if God is establishing that the wage of sin, all sin is death, then how is this a minor offense?
David repented the first moment his sin was made apparent, even so he felt the sting of his own sins through the deaths of his sons.

Uzzah, Not being of the tribe of levi should have been no where near the ark let alone close enough to reach out and touch it. That guy was testing God/wanted the power of those who who had touched the ark. Again not a minor thing.

After decreeing to never count the people of Israel David hears what he wants to and despite being consolued against it by his yop advisors he does so anyway.
define innocent. then provide proof these people were.

God did not lie. God allowed delusion to over take those who were susceptible to it.

If that is true how does that not invalidate your complaints?

yes. or rather grow with structure and direction.

because God even in the Greek does not claim your utopic idealism of the word perfection and ascribe it to himself.

Again His definition in the greek describes one that is complete lacking nothing/without sin. Both definitions have been used.

The way you are using the word "perfect" is the lazy mind's way of using a word in it's full translated meaning, but not taking into account that the original intent has lost some of it's intent in translation.

That is why I say you can't ascribe this utopian meaning  on god, because that is not what is being communicated in it's original text.

third candidate for Poe of the Year. Damn, these guys are running nose to nose. It one of them doesn't get a leg up soon it will be a tie.Big Grin

wassa matter??? my answer not fit your predetermined script? 'Atheist says A Christian says B and Atheist says Aha! C atheist wins???'

Because I pushed your topic into a "atheist has to think for her self" rather than rely on what 'off the shelf atheist agree on.' I'm the Poe... good luck with that
(January 5, 2017 at 7:51 am)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 2, 2017 at 8:16 am)Little Rik Wrote: Oh, I see.
So you have solid evidence that God said that he require to be worshipped?

Good, let us see this evidence Rhonda.  Thanks

I nominate Little Rik as Poe of the Year for 2016.
Seconds?

Let us put Poe aside for a minute Rhonda so you can concentrate your mind on the question.

Let us go back to the point.
You put that God said that he require to be worshipped.
I did asked you for evidence.
This evidence is still NOT forthcoming.
Shell I think that you only talk bull or shell I see your evidence coming?  Wink
(January 6, 2017 at 9:44 am)Little Rik Wrote: Let us put Poe aside for a minute Rhonda so you can concentrate your mind on the question.

Shell I think that you only talk bull or shell I see your evidence coming?  Wink
I didn't say god requires worship. I specifically said he has a "narcissistic preoccupation" with being worshipped. Be warned, the vast majority of us have read the bible and know what it says. For you to pretend to need evidence of god's preoccupation with being worshipped marks you as a poe and betrays your ignorance.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(January 6, 2017 at 8:23 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(January 6, 2017 at 9:44 am)Little Rik Wrote: Let us put Poe aside for a minute Rhonda so you can concentrate your mind on the question.

I didn't say god requires worship. I specifically said he has a "narcissistic preoccupation"  with being worshipped. Be warned, the vast majority of us have read the bible and know what it says. For you to pretend to need evidence of god's preoccupation with being worshipped marks you as a poe and betrays your ignorance.

1) So you reckon that require worship and...........he has a "narcissistic preoccupation"  with being worshipped.........make some difference?
You got to be joking Rhonda.  Smile

2) So you reckon that the bible represent God?
Now you are sinking Rhonda.  Panic
I don't mind stating clearly that God is a load of shit. If he has a problem with that, he can come talk to me about it.

Consider the standard of his work, I can only conclude that people who think he is perfect have very low standards and no imagination.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 7, 2017 at 9:51 am)robvalue Wrote: I don't mind stating clearly that God is a load of shit. If he has a problem with that, he can come talk to me about it.

Tell me something Roberto.
Who is HE?

Quote:Consider the standard of his work, I can only conclude that people who think he is perfect have very low standards and no imagination.

Again.
To who are you referring to?
Who am I referring to? I used the word "God" just beforehand. I'm referring to God, whatever that may be.

It's no good asking me to define God, because I don't know what the hell it is. I'm just throwing insults at the general area people point at, claiming there is something there.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 8, 2017 at 9:26 am)robvalue Wrote: Who am I referring to? I used the word "God" just beforehand. I'm referring to God, whatever that may be.

It's no good asking me to define God, because I don't know what the hell it is. I'm just throwing insults at the general area people point at, claiming there is something there.

When you say..........God is a load of shit.......... what draw you to that conclusion?

I mean if you say that you.....don't know what the hell it is......how can you possibly say that he is such and such?
By ............... throwing insults at the general area people point at.........is not like throwing a dart in the air
rather that to a dartboard?  Huh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19142 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie