Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford cancels plans to build in Mexico, will invest in Michigan
RE: Ford cancels plans to build in Mexico, will invest in Michigan
(January 4, 2017 at 3:04 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Please tell me you made that lol, new avatar coming right up.

Nah, it was just in my Trump folder.  Tongue
(January 4, 2017 at 2:31 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: $9/hr job and a $13,000 ObamaCare premium ain't gonna work . . .

Isn't ObamaCare optional?

I see a ton of conservatives touting it as unaffordable for everyone on it. Why wouldn't those people whose rates are going up by a billion percent simply get insurance direct from the insurance company?

As far as I know, it's not a law that you have to get insurance through the exchanges.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
(January 4, 2017 at 2:31 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: $9/hr job and a $13,000 ObamaCare premium ain't gonna work . . .

Don't worry about it.  The republicunt solution is just for you to go fucking die.  They can't wait to take health care away from millions.
(January 4, 2017 at 12:02 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Oh my fucking God!

More jobs in Detroit?  Less welfare and unemployment payments?  More people paying taxes and supporting local businesses?  Local government having more resources to tackle fewer problems ?

The sky is falling, run for your lives !  

Panic Panic Panic

None of what Detroit did that was positive was due to Trump, and if voters had been paying attention to his recent bragging, and compared it to the monthly job gains under Obama, it would still be a fraction. 

The after election jobs report for December has DECLINED. Bet you wont see asshole Trump bragging about that. 

This script by the GOP has been a 36 year bait and switch. When they see people getting anxious they play a populist message, throw just enough crumbs to placate voters short term, but never end the corporate welfare long term which always ends up in a bubble.

But Trump is beyond even all that scam, he has added the vile fire of political demagoguery, not limited to Mexicans, but Vets and media and implying threats to political rivals. 

This isn't sour grapes and this is no longer a left or right issue. Trump is a very real and literal threat to our Republic and global stability.

The jobs that will be cut by Macys and Kmart will outweigh the gains in Detroit.
(January 5, 2017 at 3:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: monthly job gains under Obama

Lol was waiting for someone to bring this one up.

Let's see what they're like under Trump in 6 months.
(January 5, 2017 at 4:01 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 5, 2017 at 3:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: monthly job gains under Obama

Lol was waiting for someone to bring this one up.

Let's see what they're like under Trump in 6 months.

And? There is a huge difference between the short term gains of the GOP and long term stability. 

The bullshit tax breaks for the 1% add up over time, that creates a bubble. 

Voting GOP is like being a heroin addict, they get you hooked with bullshit and you end up crashing and burning years later.

Not buying your bullshit. I know my history. All Reagan's deregulation has done, is widen the pay gap and create bubble every decade that pops.
Cute, you've already got your excuses lined up. Good work!
KMart/Sears is a fucking dinosaur (don't know about Macy's haven't set foot in one since '74).

Amazon, Ebay etal can wipe the floor with brick and mortar retailers. Cutting overhead in the buying selling world means those people can be doing more useful/productive things than changing the tape in cash registers and painting stripes in mall parking lots.

Even the Obama administration refused to subsidize buggy whips.

And this saw cuts all the way around too, I've decried loosing neighbors in this rural wasteland I'm stuck in. As farms get bigger and grow more commodities with bigger equipment and less manpower, cheap food is available to more people. US at one time was like 75% rural population, nobody wants to go back to that. And what happened to all those farm kids that went to the cities? They work in factories and fast food, offices and health care, all shit that needs done.

If Sears and Krapmart don't need scores of people running their archaic business plans because they are loosing money, well, welcome to the club. Out here in the countryside we've been living that for 100 years, and the nation/world prospered as it happened.

In Council Bluffs along the viaduct south of down town you can see old paint on big brick buildings, (International Harvester Company), since repurposed as shops and loft condos, and those buildings used to be factories for making tractors and farm implements. In a country of millions of acres of farm land farmed with horses, tractors, even the little tiny ones of my youth were a tremendous improvement, but without horses, farms needed less people to work. My 1958 tractor had 39 horsepower (when new, I'd bet it's 25 these days) and grandpa thought it was as modern as a rocket ship. The newest tractor on this place has 300 hp and can pull huge implements across the field so much faster.

But all the people this place supported are almost all gone now, I can write checks, and my farm manager makes the decisions and sits in his air conditioned tractor cab and listens to satellite radio as he tills 100 acres a day. The people this farm supported at one time might have been nearly 100, now it's less than 10. A large corporate farm organization could buy me out, and farm all my land by adding 1 or 2 employees to the payroll. And the economics of that are pushing in that direction. After I retire, I won't care.

And all those 'ghosts' of people who could be here farming the old way, by hand and with horses, aren't dead, they're city folks now, teaching classes, forming tech companies, dental assistants and truckers.

Have a little assurance nothing 'new' is happening, the system, such as it is, has been going along a long time. By and large those still here in the sticks and those that are in town with ties back to this place are doing vastly better than our grandparents could have ever dreamed of.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 3, 2017 at 6:00 pm)LastPoet Wrote: *yawn*

Oh Napo, my little previleged friend. Do you think you are entitled to make a post copypasted from reddit. For my personal opinion, why don't you stay on reddit? I mean, we all have it, why the redundancy? What is your opinion?

Oh I am really smart, I saw a post on reddit and bait people on AF.org. What hap? got your ass handed to you plenty of times over there? I thought you were Brit.

Quoting myself, because I like to see idiots suffer.
(January 4, 2017 at 2:37 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(January 4, 2017 at 11:09 am)Orochi Wrote: Indeed juvenile

lol I'll only get called a racist or compared to Hitler anyway so what difference does it make. Might as well have some fun with it, and it is rather fun winding you cucks up.

If I knew you'd actually give concerted effort for a two way conversation maybe I'd change tact but as it is I know there's so many people, so out of touch, who are so anti Trump they literally would rather see their country fail instead of admitting he did something good.

And before you say 'doesn't get rid of all the bad'. Obviously. It's the sheer failure to acknowledge an opposing point and the hypocrisy of it that makes me call you all cucks. I only posted to see the response and it's pretty much what I expected.

While I agree that many liberals regularly engage in a vilification strategy when discussing anything, many conservatives do exactly the same thing. 

"It's the sheer failure to acknowledge an opposing point and the hypocrisy of it that makes me call you all cucks."
Have you spent any time at any right wing web site? You get exactly the same problem.

The entirety of the left/right war is nonsense. Anyone who thinks "liberal good/conservative bad" or "conservative good/liberal bad" has fallen for a false dichotomy and will do nothing but engage in confirmation bias for the remainder of their lives. It makes honest discussion impossible.
If god was real he wouldn't need middle men to explain his wants or do his bidding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW to build self driving motorcycle onlinebiker 12 708 July 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Subway crash in Mexico City. Brian37 11 893 May 4, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 2916 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michigan Bans Open Carry of Firearms at Polling Places onlinebiker 101 5333 October 29, 2020 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Michigan Bans Flavored E Cigarettes onlinebiker 48 3583 September 13, 2019 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  In support of Dr. Ford Aroura 90 6234 October 7, 2018 at 11:07 am
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Michigan Pedophile Rapist Gets joint custody of son of one of his rape victims Divinity 23 6178 October 10, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Mexico City devastated in 7+ quake vorlon13 45 7660 September 20, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  MASSIVE Quake strikes off coast of Mexico/Guatemala vorlon13 8 1876 September 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Day - Another Leak Mexico Isn't Paying For The Fucking Wall Minimalist 28 6878 August 7, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Dropship