Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Sam Harris forum
RE: From the Sam Harris forum
(January 10, 2017 at 9:51 pm)jdrnd Wrote: The Sam Harris forum is down for upgrades.
I'm looking for another forum to hang out at.

Welcome. Years ago I used to stop by his Project Reason every once in awhile, but at that time it was more of a blog without a great deal of discussion.

(January 10, 2017 at 9:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We welcome all refugees.

Tread carefully here. If PZ Myers' site ever went down I recommend building a wall and making them pay for it.
(January 10, 2017 at 11:39 pm)Cato Wrote:
(January 10, 2017 at 9:51 pm)jdrnd Wrote: The Sam Harris forum is down for upgrades.

Welcome. Years ago I used to stop by his Project Reason every once in awhile, but at that time it was more of a blog without a great deal of discussion.

(January 10, 2017 at 9:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We welcome all refugees.

Tread carefully here. If PZ Myers' site ever went down I recommend building a wall and making them pay for it.

I used to hang out there, periodically, about 10 years ago. Has it gone downhill, in some way? Guess I should answer my own question, and go look. Back later.

Whoops- where are my manners?! Welcome! Stick around, this place is pretty cool!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Hey there, welcome!

Sam Harris is a cool dude. Any friend of his will be at the latter end of my random immoral atheist killing spree.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Is it true that y'all torture muslims while meditating? I've heard stories!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Nah, self torturing is part of Allah's law.
But there's many interpretations of how one is to torture oneself properly...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Welcome aboard.
We at AF.org wish you a pleasant stay.
Please take note of the following announcements:
- Atheists and the like are asked to be nice to everyone else in the introductions forum. Please try to extend that courtesy to all corners of the forum.
- There are a few theists around here that we mostly like. Do not mistreat them.
- There are a few theists around here that we constantly mock. Please join us in that ritual.
- In case of forum failure, assume it's the almighty Tiberius fiddling with the site to improve it greatly.
- Stop by the mafia area and play with us a little. You will be lied to and you will lie to us. Best way to make friends! Best way to gain mistrust over your lovers.

You may find furthers instructions in the link above, to the right, where it says "Rules".

Thank you for browsing AF.org

(How did I manage to write all that and not try to get you to come to Portugal just once is beyond me!)
You may experience a period of adjustment, as you move from Sam's objective morality to our subjective morality. We employ mobs to tirelessly harass anyone who claims morality could be objective. We enforce a very strict code of ethics on everyone in this regard. Deviation is severely punished.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
Does Harris actually believe that shit?
What a stupid asshole.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
Lol well, he has this whole "moral landscape" thing where he's suggesting some way of measuring how far away you are from the worst possible scenario. And so then science can apparently have something to say about morality.

I find this nonsense, personally, because you have to introduce metrics before science can say anything at all about morality. Deciding on these metrics is the whole point of the discussion.

Index of my best videos
What a stupid asshole.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.