Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dylann Roof sentenced to death
RE: Dylann Roof sentenced to death
(January 11, 2017 at 3:25 am)operator Wrote: I think we should do whatever costs the state less money. Kill him if that's the cheaper option, I couldn't care less.

DP cases are never cheaper.  In fact they are incredibly more expensive.

But if you are going to keep such laws on the books then this is a case to use it.  This is not "beyond a reasonable doubt."  This is "no doubt."  He did it.  He admitted it.
The same with the Boston Bomber.  And Timothy McVeigh.

In a nation which executes a 73 year old for a crime committed 37 years earlier  [  http://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgia-ex...j7mhVehnM/ ]  this one ought to be a no-brainer.
Y'all know my opinion by now on the death penalty sooo....

Bye Felicia!

VOTE: lynch Dylann Roof
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(January 11, 2017 at 1:04 pm)Minimalist Wrote: DP cases are never cheaper.  In fact they are incredibly more expensive.
In that case, I say just keep him in gen pop. Let the gangs force him into selling cigarettes and coffee grounds for the rest of his pathetic existence. He'd be doing favors for the gang members for the rest of his life in fear of getting gang raped or stabbed in the showers. Much worse punishment than death.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

I'm always surprised when otherwise reasonable people can suddenly hope for the most brutal and cruel things to happen to others. Perhaps I should stop being surprised.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Have you guys looked at Dylan Roof? He's got prison bitch pretty much written on his face. Death penalty is definitely the more humane option.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Supermax for the rest of his life would have been the better option.

But yeah, if someone deserves death it's him. Still not a fan of DP, but I'm not shedding a tear either.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
In this thread (selected among the variant outrages)

GROUP 1: "I'm against the Death Penalty but I'll look the other way"

GROUP 2: "This is humane because Prison Rape!"

GROUP 3: "Fuck that, I want him raped in prison!"

And finally:

GROUP 4: "What the hell is wrong with all of you!?"

Good on you Group 4. Sticking to your brains when emotions run high.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I might be dialing back the WWMLKD as there just doesn't seem to be any echoing of that sentiment in the media coverage.

If that concept picks up any steam, I'd come back to it.

As for why, I'm thinking folks are reasoning as long as blacks remain on death row across the country, the 'optics' of supporting a reprieve for Root are just too much to stomach.

And there is some appealing symmetry there, and maybe some appropriate cadence too, Root gets his reprieve when everyone else does.

In the meantime, if he gets "Dahmer'd" I'd expect a similar non reaction now as then.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 11, 2017 at 1:20 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I'm always surprised when otherwise reasonable people can suddenly hope for the most brutal and cruel things to happen to others.

Agreed.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
It's part of the Just World fallacy.

They have to hope something horrible happens to a horrible person as an heinous example so as to avoid feeling despair or outrage at bad people getting away with figurative and literal murder.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NXIVM Cult leader due to be sentenced tomoz...predictions? Duty 13 630 October 27, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Suge Knight Sentenced to 28 Years in Prison Fake Messiah 3 627 October 9, 2018 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Dutchman sentenced to month in jail for insulting king account_inactive 12 1696 July 15, 2016 at 6:01 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  S.C. Can't Execure Dylan Roof Because of Drug Shortage Rhondazvous 17 3259 October 5, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Rape victim sentenced to death in Iran. Brian37 68 12512 October 26, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Iranian sentenced to death for blasphemy. Brian37 8 1949 September 19, 2014 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Brian37