Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is being a virgin a turnoff for girls in college
RE: Is being a virgin a turnoff for girls in college
(January 11, 2017 at 6:02 pm)FlyingNarwhal Wrote: Real talk right now, and I want to make it clear I'm speaking in generalizations, girls will find a guy that's a virgin a turn off.  Could you find a girl that is fine with you being a virgin?  Yes.  But in your age bracket there's slim pickings to find that unicorn.  Here's the thing though man, I'm not saying you're a lost cause, and whoever told you you were going to be a virgin the rest of your life is bullshit.  My advice is this:

1. Confidence.  Confidence is key man, out of any of the advice I give, if you at least have confidence you'll do fine.  Does physical attractiveness weigh in at a certain level, yes.  But take it from a fat dude, confidence will get you there by itself 90% of the time.  Girls are more attracted to us mentally, looks helps to fill in the gaps, and if you're a better looking guy then you can fill larger gaps.  Just get out there, start talking to girls, make interesting conversations with them.  You can talk about anything, just be interesting and outgoing.

2. Be funny.  This is kinda hard to give you advice on, because some people just are or aren't naturally funny, but this is important as well.  Just try and make an effort to be funny when you're talking to girls.  If you're not, at the end of the night, just kinda self review what you could have done differently and try to adjust for next time.

3. Look good.  You know how I said looks fill in the gaps?  Fill in those gaps.  There's only so much you can do if you don't have conventially good looking traits.  But you can hit the gym, dress a little better, get a nice haircut, etc.  Stand out a little bit.  Buy some cologne too.  It's one thing to not stink, it's an entirely different thing to smell good.

4. Don't be extra nice guy.  Now I want to clarify, you don't have to be a mega asshole or the douche that negs on girls all night.  But don't bend over backwards trying to make her happy or check in on her all night either.  Just let her do her thing and you do.  Honestly be a little bit of an asshole, but just in a teasing kind of way.  And do don't be afraid to tell a girl no either, don't get taken advantage of our their in the singles scene.  Be firm, and hold your ground.

I could really go on forever talking about this stuff, but that's the basics of what you should focus on right now, and try to get your horse out of the gate and on to the racetrack.

I agree with the confidence and with the look good. I'd say though, don't mistake confidence for being really talkative or outspoken. Just be at ease with yourself and don't be awkward. You can be shy in nature and a little quiet while still being confident. 

Being funny is a plus if that's how you are, but don't try too hard if it doesn't come naturally. It's kind of obvious and comes off dorky when you can tell a guy is trying to be funny to impress a girl. Just be yourself, and be at ease with being yourself. 

The 4th one I will completely disagree with though lol. There's nothing I dislike more than a guy who "plays games" and is a little bit of an A-hole on purpose. This doesn't mean you have to let yourself be taken advantage of though.  

Like others have said, every girl is different. That's just my personal take.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Fuck what everyone else thinks.
It's not a sign you wear on your forehead.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Lets take this in steps.

1. Watch the "40 Year Old Virgin" enough times to have it memorized.
2. Practice kissing on the back of your hand. Not to much tongue at first. 
3. Check out all of the mammograms vids you can find.
4. Give yourself a vacuum cleaner hicky. Lets the girls know your available.
5. Find an "older" woman that enjoys "teaching".
6. Stop telling girls that Bill Cosby is your hero. 

Actually, forget all that, except number 6. It'l happen when it happens. Your balls won't turn blue and your dick won't rot off.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(January 11, 2017 at 3:43 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: I'm 23, a junior in college and I've never slept with, kissed, made out or had sex with a single girl in my 23 years of existence! Someone told me once that I'll probably remain a virgin for the rest of my lifetime since girls find that to be a huge turnoff. I don't know, it doesn't help that I'm very shy either. I dress normally, not weird and have good hygiene. I usually wear black or blue vans with black socks and then tan or olive cargo shorts and a plain t shirt. Sometimes long, and short depending on the weather. And I'm usually wearing a baseball cap. I wear deodorant, take showers regularly and brush my teeth. But I guess since I'm not drop dead gorgeous girls just aren't attracted to me Sad

I'm not expecting some super model to fall out of the sky and want to date me right away. But I just feel like I have zero attractive traits whatsoever and that girls just aren't attracted to me. 

Like I said, I'm not weird or anything. I'm just shy and keep to myself. I am a very nice person though. Maybe I'm too nice? My Mom has told me I'm quite a great listener as well. 

I don't live on campus either, I live by myself.
First can men stop with this "too nice" bullshit. There's no certain amount of niceness that's going to make a woman want to fuck you. That's not how it works. Now then, most women don't care about sexual experience. As a matter of fact personally I'm a girl who's a bit picky, I'd rather be with someone I can learn with together. Go read The Ethical Slut. Read some books on women by women. Talk to girls. We like connection. Conversations. Talk about things you have passion for, find people with similar interests.When it comes to sex just go slow, ask questions, it's totally okay to look stupid. There's no time limit.
Also, if you're really worried about it, don't tell any of the women you meet you're a virgin. Let it ride. Maybe you'll be a ringer and be good first time, maybe not.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Quit worrying yourself man. Sex certainly is an important part of life, but it's nothing to fret over. My biggest advice is to just start talking to girls on a regular basis. I'm not saying to go out and try and get numbers, I mean literally just interact with females on a regular basis. You're going to have to deal with some of the awkwardness that comes with learning how to talk to women, period. That is unavoidable. But I'm just saying talk to girls constantly.

Make conversation with the cashier at Starbucks... make friends with girls, hang out with girls... would really help if you got to know a girl well that isn't family... After you get comfortable just interacting with women, then worry about getting laid.

After that learn how to start flirting with women. Even if it's a girl you're not particularly attracted to, learn to flirt a little. I'm not a big fan of "running game" on women (some of these "pickup artist" guys are basically sociopaths), but there are certain things you can do and say to build sexual tension between you and a girl, but don't worry about these things until you're simply comfortable with being around women.

Also, I would certainly look for a casual hookup before looking for a serious relationship. Sex is certainly an important part of a romantic relationship and you want to be comfortable with your body and your sexuality before you get into something serious with someone.

edit:

Definitely be confident in yourself when interacting with girls. It also doesn't hurt to be a little cocky, in a funny way. Don't take yourself too seriously

Stay clean, smell good, dress well (doesn't matter what your style is, just look presentable)

Have your own life, don't live to please anyone but you

be down to earth and make an attempt to actually relate to people

I lost my virginity a little late but now I don't even think about that. Sex is awesome and is definitely an important part of life but there's no need to stress yourself out because of this.
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

It's not a turn off unless you talk about it for 30 minutes straight and explain to the girl you're just going to have sex with how it's affected your self esteem and general outlook towards life. Just pretend like you know what you're doing and you'll be fine.
(January 11, 2017 at 3:43 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: I'm 23, a junior in college and I've never slept with, kissed, made out or had sex with a single girl in my 23 years of existence! Someone told me once that I'll probably remain a virgin for the rest of my lifetime since girls find that to be a huge turnoff. I don't know, it doesn't help that I'm very shy either. I dress normally, not weird and have good hygiene. I usually wear black or blue vans with black socks and then tan or olive cargo shorts and a plain t shirt. Sometimes long, and short depending on the weather. And I'm usually wearing a baseball cap. I wear deodorant, take showers regularly and brush my teeth. But I guess since I'm not drop dead gorgeous girls just aren't attracted to me Sad

I'm not expecting some super model to fall out of the sky and want to date me right away. But I just feel like I have zero attractive traits whatsoever and that girls just aren't attracted to me. 

Like I said, I'm not weird or anything. I'm just shy and keep to myself. I am a very nice person though. Maybe I'm too nice? My Mom has told me I'm quite a great listener as well. 

I don't live on campus either, I live by myself.

My friend I was a virgin til I was 27 your priority should be to find someone you really wanna have a relationship with. Love  is sometimes a marathon not a dash. and often the former has greater rewards. Hang in there your time will come.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

IDK, I can deal in a loveless marriage, not saying it's something I'd look forward too, but if the sex dries up, that's walking papers for me.  Love without sex is ten hours of listening to someone else's boyfriend problems then pulling a lonely handy in the shower before crying yourself to sleep.  Sex without love, otoh, is at least still sex. I've got the best of both atm, but it started out as mindblowing sex. Didn;t even know her name, couldn't have picked her out in a lineup the next day. Too drunk. Took a good long while to fall in love.

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Women and girls in Science Day! Divinity 9 921 February 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 4907 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  College, degrees, and jobs, oh my! Foxaèr 51 4707 May 30, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Awesome names for baby boys and baby girls ErGingerbreadMandude 37 3560 February 14, 2018 at 2:40 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  What the hell is going on with American girls? brewer 14 2032 November 23, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Very Off Topic, but is being a virgin a turnoff for the ladies? NuclearEnergy 34 3713 November 13, 2017 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The U.S. Virgin Islands Will Pay You US$300 If You Holiday There In 2017 ReptilianPeon 0 562 January 28, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Google plus recomending pics of underage girls?!? paulpablo 23 3199 January 15, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why are college aged guys so horny NuclearEnergy 39 5299 January 9, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  what do girls like for guys as far as looks/personality? Rextos 32 3527 May 25, 2016 at 2:02 am
Last Post: robvalue