Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.71 Average
Member Photos
RE: Member Photos
Your daughter is gorgeous Aroura, I have many sons..all of which are strong and well built...two of which remain un-promised, perhaps an arrangement can be made?

(I jest, I jest.....sort of............. Wink  )
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 24, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 12:13 pm)LostLocke Wrote: So wait, is that guy wearing real chainmail??

Yes he is! Only, as he explained to us, it's just called mail.  The word "chain" was a modern add-on that started in the 19th century. 
Ah ok, I just always used 'chain' myself. I thought it was to distinguish it from platemail, splintmail, etc....
I'd love to try a suit of real mail on, but I'd probably just fall flat on my face from the weight. Tongue
I'd imagine with all that weight, back in the day, they would have all fought in slow motion, tai chi style.
No wonder the crusades lasted forever.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 24, 2015 at 2:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Your daughter is gorgeous Aroura, I have many sons..all of which are strong and well built...two of which remain un-promised, perhaps an arrangement can be made?

Do I have to provide a dowry?  Angel
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(June 24, 2015 at 6:44 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 2:27 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Your daughter is gorgeous Aroura, I have many sons..all of which are strong and well built...two of which remain un-promised, perhaps an arrangement can be made?

Do I have to provide a dowry?  Angel

I'm pretty sure Rhythm would accept livestock.
(June 24, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 12:13 pm)LostLocke Wrote: So wait, is that guy wearing real chainmail??

Yes he is! Only, as he explained to us, it's just called mail.  The word "chain" was a modern add-on that started in the 19th century. 

The swords were real too.  There was an overhead projector attached to the ceiling that one of them hit on an overhand swing (the area they had marked off to fight in was very confined, and the ceilings are low), and he scarred it about half an inch deep.  It survived though. Smile

Being a postman must have been a bitch back then.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I've been having fun with that rainbow filter, as of yesterday. I took a new picture today to use with it.

[Image: 3671ED0B-170D-4702-B461-ECCF0CA44C29_zpspi7xvdxs.jpg]

[Image: 8122365D-9D59-4D5C-ABFA-B9EC75699657_zpsx0sepkg5.jpg]
It has been a while since I've posted any photos from my garden.  For some mysterious reason I've been unable to sign onto my flickr account.  But I finally broke down and started a new one.  So here are some recent photos around the garden.

[Image: 19024266590_efa14c9286_z.jpg]

Oh and here is one of my dog Heidi Rose playing my brother's Formosan Mountain dog/Lab cross Lily.

[Image: 19119872882_2bb2447eec_z.jpg]
Great looking gardens, whateverist.

Messing around with some more photo editing. This time I borrowed from Indiana Jones, "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

[Image: A_Indy_and_me_IV_sharpened.jpg]

[Image: A_Indy_and_me_IV_sharpened_side_x_side.jpg]
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
somehow urs look more real than the real one.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Photos thread where too much is never enough. Whateverist 1167 120992 March 25, 2024 at 8:26 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member Jillybean 19 458 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 856 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 641 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1327 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1148 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 1998 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2571 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one
  New Member freakygin 17 1521 May 30, 2021 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Old TTA Member here. bemore 18 2469 August 9, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: bemore