Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 11, 2024, 8:57 pm

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
(August 27, 2011 at 6:09 am)ElDinero Wrote: So coming in to what was a good topic, derailing it, then when asked to explain why, spending post after post avoiding the question and telling everyone else they're close minded over and over again is not against your rules? Wow. What a shitty set of rules. Might want to look to that.

It's counter productive but not disruptive.
You may get used to fr0d0 after a while. Give up any hope of him presenting any evidence or demonstration to how we are ignorant. He will continue to call us ignorant, and he will continue to claim there is evidence, but never has he or will ever back up anything he claims.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
But he's explained it many times here on this forum! He said so himself! You don't mean to say he's....LYING??? I'll be damned.

I can't really work out why a forum would allow someone who contributes nothing and derails topics all the time to carry on posting. But ok, I'll report the posts every time I see it done.
Ace has said this before and had to eat his words.

For the record El... I made a comment about something else... the illogical request for proof, which I followed up upon to conclusion. I didn't fail to address the point of my original comment.

You asked a new question... IMO in order to dismiss my other point via mob mentality, ergo: we don't agree with you so on those grounds can dismiss all logic anyway. That question I refuse to address, and I've tried to explain why several times now.
(August 27, 2011 at 7:08 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Ace has said this before and had to eat his words.

Yeah right. Tongue
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
*sigh*

Why is it illogical to ask for proof of something?
I doubt you even want to go down the rabbit hole on this Dinero..lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You're right, I don't. Forget it Fr0do, I'm open minded but not to your boring drivel. I can see a large dose of special pleading coming along, and that does nothing for me.
(August 27, 2011 at 6:03 am)ElDinero Wrote: The problem is the poster. You guys have got rules against trolling (I assume), how has this idiot flown under your radar for two years? 7000 posts saying nothing and telling everyone else they're in the wrong.

As much of a douche that fr0d0 is I'd never want to see the guy banned. He's a fucking veteran at point dodging, but he isn't exactly what I'd call a troll. At least not like some people who have come on here with the sole intention to troll.

fr0d0's a good guy, underneath that shitty veil of Christianity he seems to want to defend so much.

If you want to ban fr0d0 you may as well ban any Christian who is here, fact is they can't logically defend their faith with anything other than point dodging. It is to be expected really.
I can fully defend my faith logically, and have frequently done so. I can honestly say I've never met a logical atheist. Some come close, but none get there.

Sure - you can pose unanswerable questions that prove nothing... but at least you get to dismiss with baseless accusations of point dodging huh. That must make you feel so good.
(August 28, 2011 at 5:52 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I can fully defend my faith logically, and have frequently done so...

You may have defended your faith, but I have never seen it, so the word frequently was not a proper adverb to use. All I've ever seen you do, when talking about beliefs, is insult people...

(August 28, 2011 at 5:52 am)fr0d0 Wrote: ...I can honestly say I've never met a logical atheist. Some come close, but none get there.

...like you did right here. And by the definition that you seem to be using for 'logical' in your insult, an atheist cannot meet the criteria because they would no longer be an atheist.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5765 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3142 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7667 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35777 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2419 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8493 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13873 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4202 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6520 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3239 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball