Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 7:07 pm

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
What is your argument against god?
^ What's your argument FOR God?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

I have no argument for gods and no argument against gods. Next question.
(March 7, 2013 at 10:35 pm)whateverist Wrote: I have no argument for gods and no argument against gods. Next question.

I have arguments against arguments for gods, but not arguments against gods, because those would be unnecessary in the abscence of someone claiming that a god existed (and presenting an argument for it).
Well, actually they're unnecessary either way; if all arguments for god fail, the default position is to not believ in god(s).
(March 7, 2013 at 10:39 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 10:35 pm)whateverist Wrote: I have no argument for gods and no argument against gods. Next question.

I have arguments against arguments for gods, but not arguments against gods, because those would be unnecessary in the abscence of someone claiming that a god existed (and presenting an argument for it).
Well, actually they're unnecessary either way; if all arguments for god fail, the default position is to not believ in god(s).

I have no problem with anyone's proclamation of their own truth .. as long as I'm not pressed to sign on. Otherwise, it's "thanks for sharing" but if they come too close back up quickly.
I'm a Belieber.
(March 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: ^ What's your argument FOR God?

Well i guess i could ask you how the universe started
Umm I thought this thread was closed?

It WAS after all JUST A QUICK POLL
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
What so now that youguys cant answer a simple question
(March 8, 2013 at 1:32 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Umm I thought this thread was closed?

It WAS after all JUST A QUICK POLL

Nah, it's one of these that will be around for as long as people are willing to participate Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5781 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3142 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7680 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35788 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2422 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8517 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13882 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4203 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6526 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3240 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball