Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 8:44 pm

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
There are liberals like Bill Maher who use the term in a different sense but it originates from issues surrounding the left, Stalinism and feminism and other issues in the 70s and 80s.

You have never heard a conservative get pissed off about political correctness? I think that liberals have appropriate the term somewhat but it is really a conservative idea.

It is certainly related to the debate about God's existence as it related to the sufficiency of 21st century political culture as an absolute expression of morality, without having any other ground than the acceptance of the norms through dishonest political techniques on both sides.
no. No evidence to support it
A belief in a god has no proof thereby, seems as likely to me as an invisible, immaterial, pink unicorn.
No.

I believe god DOES NOT EXIST in any shape or form.
There is no reason for a god to exist in my humble opinion. If you want to believe in god, then by all means do so. But do not involve religion in politics, do not teach a single religion in school and do not publicise it. It is you personal journey to believe in god, so keep it that way.
(March 22, 2013 at 6:18 am)mo66 Wrote: Haha we English are actually polite people, we don't go around insulting others. I don't know where this forum is based, I'm guessing American? It shows. I guess we have to go along to get along Smile

Are we?

Sure we queue and have some of the safest roads in Europe, but at the same time, we excel in telling people with silly religious beliefs where to go and fuck themselves (just wish our MPs would do as the majority of the people do in this regard).
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
A simple no. I have no belief.
This seems like a good place to put up my first post. I consider myself agnostic. I voted "no" to keep things simple.
I got the 4 A's:

Apathetic agnostic atheist apostate.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
There are two, and only two, explanations for the means whereby life now exists on this planet.
First, there is the explanation that life on earth was divinely created.
Since, obviously, there is no way that the above explanation of the origin of life can be subjected to any scientific analysis, it would be profitless to discuss its merits (at this point).
The other means I am referring to is, of course, the theory of evolution. By evolution, I mean the process or processes whereby life as we now know it has come about from an originally inorganic universe through purely mechanistic actions in conformity with the laws of the physical universe. Keeping these parameters in mind, let us now see what relevant conclusions may be derived:...

Given the vastness of the universe and the consequent profusion of life, what must the ultimate consummation of the process of evolution be?
It is my contention that the inevitable and ultimate result of evolution is this: that somewhere, sooner or later, an entity would be evolved through either natural or artificial means which would no longer be subject to time.

What are the implications of such a conclusion?

Such an entity would in all practicality be:

1. Omnipotent and
2. Omniscient and
3. Omnipresent.

Such an entity would, by definition, be God.
By no means am I intending to speculate about the origin of God.
Such speculation is vain at best and blasphemous at worst. My intention is to show that no matter what method that you employ to explain the existence of life; the inevitable implication is the existence and reality of God.
(May 28, 2013 at 6:28 pm)pgardner31 Wrote: There are two, and only two, explanations for the means whereby life now exists on this planet.
Not on this thread. Go do it somewhere else.
And it's abiogenesis, not evolution...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5750 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3140 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7609 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35714 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2407 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8444 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13850 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4198 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6507 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3237 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball