Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 11:36 am

Poll: Do you believe in God?
This poll is closed.
Yes
13.92%
148 13.92%
No
86.08%
915 86.08%
Total 1063 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
RE: Quick Poll - Do you believe in God?
I hear LP chisels everything in stone... the only time-proof method...
Too bad the same can't be said of 2 certain tablets...
(February 15, 2014 at 12:50 pm)itsjustintyme Wrote: Yes. I don't see a better argument for the existence of the universe, the order of truth we find in science, the common pattern throughout existence of spirituality in world cultures, and the vast and largely positive impact of faith on civilization as we know it to not believe in an intelligent designer.

So where did this magical deity come from and when and how did it become intelligent?
(February 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(February 15, 2014 at 12:50 pm)itsjustintyme Wrote: Yes. I don't see a better argument for the existence of the universe, the order of truth we find in science, the common pattern throughout existence of spirituality in world cultures, and the vast and largely positive impact of faith on civilization as we know it to not believe in an intelligent designer.

So where did this magical deity come from and when and how did it become intelligent?

I haven'y got a clue where God came from however i think it is important to go step by step if you want to know big things.
It is like when a child from the primary school want to know how the system work in the rocket technology.
He will know soon or later but first he got to study and step by step he will get there.
Of course you need the right study but most of all you got to understand that everything is possible.
If you put a limit or negate the possibility then you will get nowhere. Cool Shades
(February 24, 2014 at 3:30 am)enrico Wrote:
(February 23, 2014 at 8:07 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: So where did this magical deity come from and when and how did it become intelligent?

I haven'y got a clue where God came from however i think it is important to go step by step if you want to know big things.
It is like when a child from the primary school want to know how the system work in the rocket technology.
He will know soon or later but first he got to study and step by step he will get there.
Of course you need the right study but most of all you got to understand that everything is possible.
If you put a limit or negate the possibility then you will get nowhere. Cool Shades

Well, if God didn't come from Nothing then he came from something, which means that there was stuff in existence before he came into being. That means that the God character is a version of the other ancient gods, such as Zeus. That would explain all of the fighting that occurs in heaven.
(February 24, 2014 at 3:30 am)enrico Wrote: I haven'y got a clue where God came from however i think it is important to go step by step if you want to know big things.
Let us know when you take that first step.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Put one foot in front of the other.... and soon you will be walking out that door.. sorry.. thats Rudolph xmas special..
Objection vague question, what is your definition of "God". Insert all religions definition here that I have ever seen. No obvious self serving BS.

You need to be specific.
(March 7, 2014 at 1:38 pm)rsb Wrote: Objection vague question, what is your definition of "God". Insert all religions definition here that I have ever seen. No obvious self serving BS.

You need to be specific.

Did anybody tell you that God has got to be put within a religious framework? Thinking
I don't believe in God.

I have no way of knowing.

Nobody has any way of knowing.

All posited deities are fundamentally flawed.

Thus, I don't believe in any posited deities.
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
(March 9, 2014 at 6:53 am)Mr. Moncrieff Wrote: Nobody has any way of knowing.

Gee, you must have had a lot of time to go around and interview billion of people about the subject.
How many lifetime did it take to carry out this task? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 5754 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Gallup Poll for 2022 TheJefe817 27 3141 July 2, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Abortion poll Agnostico 75 7654 June 20, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Lightbulb POLL: As an Atheist, What Do You View as Being the Most Rational Political Outlook? Engel 124 35719 June 1, 2022 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Standing up to family for what you believe in Tomatoshadow2 30 2419 May 4, 2022 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why do you not believe in the concept of a God? johndoe122931 110 8455 June 19, 2021 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
Lightbulb Here is why you should believe in God. R00tKiT 112 13856 April 11, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here’s Why You SHOULDN’T Believe In God BrianSoddingBoru4 46 4199 April 5, 2020 at 8:03 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: 0.0% of Icelanders Under 25 Believe God Created The World blue grey brain 37 6512 January 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3237 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball