Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 3:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New roots
RE: New roots
thesummerqueen Wrote:At any rate - there have also been studies that suggest that the rainforests don't help quite as much as environmentalists would have you believe.

Wikipedia Wrote:by the University of Leeds, shows tropical forests absorb about 18% of all carbon dioxide added by fossil fuels.[17]

thesummerqueen Wrote:But it's funny that a lot of the people you see who are FOR saving the rainforest are AGAINST GM crops because they don't live in reality. More efficient crops means less space needed, less competition against cattle (which are their own problem), less viable land sought after.

Well, I don't know much about GM crops, but I am for the Rainforests. I don't support any crops, GM or not, that are going to destroy the Natural Eco-Systems of the World.

thesummerqueen Wrote:It's such a ridiculous thing to fight against - these scientists are using a laboratory to eliminate thousands of years of cross breeding to produce strains that will survive in just about any climate imaginable. Imagine the ills we could wipe off this planet if the dumbasses in Green Peace and the organics movement and the like didn't keep nay-saying tested products because of their own ideological beliefs.

Hungry people are angry people, and also easily manipulated. Take away the constant struggle for food, and you'd see a lot of problems in the world start to disappear.

It will, but do you really think this will ever happen in reality. As if the food produced goes to the correct place.

Quote:Genetic Engineering does not feed the world. 99.5 percent of farmers around the world do not grow Genetically Engineered crops.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/...acts-vers/

The problem is too many people, the polution they produce, and the resources they use.

This is the Greenpeace view, not mine, I really don't know much about it.

GreenPeace Wrote:We believe:

GMOs should not be released into the environment since there is not an adequate scientific understanding of their impact on the environment and human health.

We advocate immediate interim measures such as labelling of GE ingredients, and the segregation of genetically engineered crops and seeds from conventional ones.

We also oppose all patents on plants, animals and humans, as well as patents on their genes. Life is not an industrial commodity. When we force life forms and our world's food supply to conform to human economic models rather than their natural ones, we do so at our own peril.

I do know one thing though, we only have one Planet. Once it is done, there isn't another one to replace it.

Messages In This Thread
New roots - by thesummerqueen - November 19, 2010 at 5:20 pm
RE: New roots - by Shinylight - November 19, 2010 at 5:36 pm
RE: New roots - by thesummerqueen - November 19, 2010 at 5:44 pm
RE: New roots - by ib.me.ub - November 19, 2010 at 9:12 pm
RE: New roots - by Anomalocaris - November 19, 2010 at 10:46 pm
RE: New roots - by Zen Badger - November 20, 2010 at 2:58 am
RE: New roots - by ib.me.ub - November 21, 2010 at 5:48 am
RE: New roots - by thesummerqueen - November 21, 2010 at 6:04 am
RE: New roots - by ib.me.ub - November 21, 2010 at 7:26 am
RE: New roots - by Shinylight - November 21, 2010 at 7:42 am
RE: New roots - by thesummerqueen - November 21, 2010 at 8:43 am