Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Christians: What does your god actually do?
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do?
Aractus Wrote:Because he makes promises and then breaks them. Do you not subscribe to the dispensationalist view point? And if you don't what is your opinion on his ancient covenants then?

You say He does but you've failed to prove it. The children of Israel broke the covenant, therefore they lost what they were given as God said they would.

(September 24, 2015 at 12:36 am)Godschild Wrote: Are you going to keep this within the confines of scripture or will you draw on speculation from outside the scriptures.
Isn't this God's right as creator of the universe and all that is contained in it. God says He is perfect and His creation was perfect until Adam and Eve change things by rejecting His love in disobedience, God's judgement is appropriate and does, as you say, stand today.

Aractus Wrote:I believe I kept well within the confines of the Biblical scriptures.

By the way, if God is perfect then how are his created beings able to modify his creation? If you're saying Adam and Eve could do that - and they were just two human beings - imagine how much a celestial being like Lucifer could change God's creation? Imagine how much he and his legion of 1/3 of the angles of heaven could change God's creation then?

God's creation was perfect until Adam and Eve disobeyed God and brought sin into the world, sin that corrupted the entire creation, just how many times do I have to repeat something you good and well knows in the scriptures, you've already started speculating outside of the scriptures. Lucifer has no more power to do anything other than what God allows, the story of Job tells us this. Adam and Eve changed nothing, it was their choice to disobey that changed everything. You are still speculating outside scripture.

(September 24, 2015 at 12:36 am)Godschild Wrote: Yes humans were vegetarians before the flood, after the flood there was little vegetation and what was there the animals needed. Animals were plentiful and God gave man permission to eat meat to sustain both the vegetation and man. I would think that most of what man had consumed pre-flood was extremely limited and widely scattered. God made the animals fear man so they wouldn't be hunted to extinction quickly, it is for their survival and man having to toil for his food as God said under Adam's judgement. He hasn't flooded the earth again. Man wasn't killing animals before the flood, so God gave a distinction by law on killing, man's value is greater than an animal. Before the flood God punished, post flood God is allowing man to carry out punishment, this is new. Man was not allowed to punish Cain. As for the homosexuals this could be something new with man and we know God calls it an abomination, unnatural, against the creation command it populate the world and against what God set-up as marriage.

Aractus Wrote:Humans cannot manufacture Vitamin B12. We need to import it wholesale from meat. Therefore it is impossible for us to survive without meat, we could not ever have been a vegetarian people.

You can argue modern humans can get B12 injections from their physician - and I have a family member who does this because their B12 levels are low despite the fact they eat meat every day.

Eggs and cheeses and milks from various animals all contain B12, these were things people could eat because it did not require the killing of animals, and since you seem to be lacking in Bible knowledge let me remind you, God created the domestic animals also, God knew what was needed, God supplies our needs.

Aractus Wrote:There are many animals that don't fear us.

Only domesticated animals, and even they will be afraid if raised away from humans. 

Aractus Wrote:We still see rainbows. Surely if this covenant no longer applies than God would have removed the visual seal by now?

Do you see the problem? God sealed the covenant, and the seal is still visible today, yet he no longer keeps the covenant.

Where in scripture does God say He would take away the rainbow, the covenant does apply today, the world has never been flooded again, you do not seem to know much about this covenant.

(September 24, 2015 at 12:36 am)Godschild Wrote: What lie, you believe God lied because He didn't give Abraham all the details of the future, exactly why would the Creator of the universe be required to give all details, because you think the omniscient and omnipotent God should do as you want, that's simply a crazy notion. They would have the whole of the land of Canaan to posses as long as they obeyed Him. They were disobeying God from the get go and started suffering the consequences of the disobedience. Do you know all the land God was going to hand over to them as long as they obeyed? I believe what I've stated here eats up what you have said below.

Aractus Wrote:I wasn't talking about what he "doesn't say" GC. I was talking about what he does say. He tells Abram explicitly that the whole of the Canaan land shall be an inheritance for his offspring to possess forever. It is an unconditional covenant, meaning he doesn't require Abram do anything or keep any commandment to earn it. Hid descendants didn't have to obey anything to receive the covenant, it's unconditional.

You were judging God because He didn't give details and I pointed this out, know you're denying it.
Yes they did have to obey, to receive the whole of Canaan, they were suppose to take parts they never went after, but then I guess you've missed that part as many Christians have. God even told Moses to tell the Israelites that their disobedience would cost them the land as it was intended for them. Israelites have lived on this land from the time they took it from the peoples who occupied it till this very day. Know if you would show me where God said the covenant was unconditional, I'm pretty sure that word is not found in the scriptures.

Aractus Wrote:Let me explain, God first delivers the covenant in Genesis 12. It's not until Genesis 17 that he instructs Abram to keep the ritual of circumcision. In any case, by Jesus's time by every account the Jewish people had kept the custom of circumcision as instructed in Genesis 17 but did not any longer possess the land God promised Abram.

The circumcision command wasn't the only one they had to obey.

(September 24, 2015 at 12:36 am)Godschild Wrote: Just because no one has disproved the Exodus or proved it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Chariot wheels have been found at the bottom of the Red Sea, do you think the Egyptians were trying to make floating chariots for battles at sea. They didn't possess the whole of Canaan because of their disobedience and lack of trust and faith in God. God said this would happen before they entered Canaan and that it would be seized by other nations before they entered Canaan.

I have a six hour trip tomorrow so I need to stop here and go to bed, maybe I can find the time to counter your points later.

GC

Aractus Wrote:Ron Wyatt was a quack. If he had really found chariot wheels in the Red Sea he would have documented it properly so it could be properly investigated - which he didn't. Who knows what he saw.

He filmed these things, yet you doubt, why, to keep your delusion alive. He never got permission to remove any items from where they laid. The people of those lands do not want the Bible proven, so they do everything to deter the process, something atheist agree with, unfortunately.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Messages In This Thread
Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by Aractus - September 22, 2015 at 8:23 pm
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by Godschild - September 28, 2015 at 4:06 pm
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by StuW - September 24, 2015 at 3:03 am
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by StuW - September 25, 2015 at 1:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1143 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14610 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5712 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 10349 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1772 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8294 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 11133 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights Minimalist 10 2248 April 22, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15422 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 19685 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII