Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 7:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Christians: What does your god actually do?
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do?
(September 30, 2015 at 10:58 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(September 30, 2015 at 1:12 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: You really don't know much about Islam, do you? I don't mean that as a term of disrespect, but I do mean that the guy is profiting off the average Christian not knowing what Muslims really think, or how they operate. You're telling me that Muslims let thousands of legitimate archaeologists visit and legally dig/research at sites all across the Middle East, let tourists go to their countries for numerous reasons, even to live (in places like Egypt) and attend universities, yet they won't let this one guy go there because they're afraid of what he will find?

Not the legitimate archaeologists... just him? Seriously?

I have no idea which archaeologists the allow to enter their countries, I do not know any Christian archaeologists that are allowed to search for artifacts. What I'm saying is they do not want Israel to be a legitimate nation that God called out of Egypt, Christians are considered the enemy of Islam and defenders of Israel and they most likely believe that Christian would put a positive edge on anything found, whether it's true or not. I know that Islam shares some of the OT with the Israelites and Christians, as for a study or any meaningful reading no I haven't done so, Christianity is a full time work.

GC

Why would it matter if the archaeologists studying these regions were Christians? Do you insist that findings in other fields are also made by Christians before you'll tentatively accept their work as valid? Of course not. Would it matter to you if you knew that a significant number of important archaeological digs conducted in recent decades were done by teams of reputable Israeli archaeologists? Could they be trusted by a Christian to come to reasonable conclusions regarding their findings? You might think that Israeli archaeologists would be motivated to prove the Exodus took place or that the narratives concerning the kingdom of Judah under David and Solomon are largely true, no? Yet the consensus is that the Exodus didn't take place and that the kingdom of Judah was an insignificant backwater whose importance and grandeur is grossly exaggerated in the Bible. Are you going to dismiss their work because it doesn't feed your need for validation? This information isn't hard to find, even for a full-time Christian who is much too busy to learn about Islam. There are books in libraries and articles you can access online. You have no excuse for dismissing these things just because you fear the results.

Messages In This Thread
Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by Aractus - September 22, 2015 at 8:23 pm
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by Crossless1 - September 30, 2015 at 11:39 pm
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by StuW - September 24, 2015 at 3:03 am
RE: Dear Christians: What does your god actually do? - by StuW - September 25, 2015 at 1:11 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1105 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14433 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5585 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 10163 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1745 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8130 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 11042 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  No Shitball, It Does Not Violate Your Rights Minimalist 10 2238 April 22, 2018 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15387 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
  Christians: Does Your God Have Testicles and Ovaries? chimp3 97 19243 April 1, 2018 at 1:37 am
Last Post: GrandizerII