Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 4:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health
RE: Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health
(October 23, 2015 at 9:07 pm)Irrational Wrote: If someone is happy about the way they look, then I'm happy for them. It doesn't matter if their body doesn't look "normal" or "healthy" to me. What the hell is "normal" anyway? If I accept the person for who they are, then who cares about body shapes and sizes. They don't affect me.

And comparing fatness to smoking is funny. Smoking affects other people around you, not just you. Whereas obesity, that's their problem only.

Is it, though?

I live in a country where austere cuts are having to be made left, right and centre because of the economic recession. Those cuts have also impacted our health service, which could not take sufficient care of my Dad to keep him alive or out of pain as he was dying. You could easily argue that, if we didn't have do many obese people eating their way into a hospital bed, there would be more money to go around for people who have genuine un-preventable illness.

I also don't believe these particular fat people who are always complaining are happy about how they look. If they were so happy they'd have nothing to bitch about and wouldn't give a shit about peoples' comments. I can tell a confident fat person when I see one, because they're not bitching.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health - by Regina - October 24, 2015 at 7:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Supplement no one 0 297 July 24, 2023 at 7:28 am
Last Post: no one
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 1034 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Health advocates do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission Agnostico 108 7626 June 14, 2020 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Agnostico
  2019 has sucked a fat one so far SteelCurtain 11 1468 February 19, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 761 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Very low fat recipes purplepurpose 39 2708 August 21, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Anyone makes mental health jokes... Mystic 61 15012 March 23, 2018 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10679 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I've lost more weight Foxaèr 14 1858 February 21, 2018 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What is your weight and waist size? ErGingerbreadMandude 52 7946 November 26, 2017 at 11:08 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude